Reviews (1-25 of 55)
- Automated cart recovery email campaigns
- Bronto has a very user friendly interface for building complex workflows for automated campaigns
- Bronto's analytics are very good
- Bronto is built for complexity and volume. It is probably not the ideal tool for smaller organizations with simple email needs.
- The integration with NetSuite has been "buggy" at times.
- Bronto is pretty expensive. You get a lot of bells and whistles, but you pay for them.
- Simple list and segmentation management
- Flexibility of interaction, through the web application or API.
- Automation of triggered emails
- Variable message personalization
- Integration with outside ecommerce platforms
- More options and granular flexibility on the workflows.
- Better API documentation.
- Speed, the web application can bog down frequently.
- We use the Bronto Marketing Platform across our entire organization to send emails to our customers.
- It is used for 5 different brands, to send both transactional and promotional emails.
- It serves as the system-of-record for our email contacts and their preferences.
- We are also able to use built-in workflows to send automated messages based upon certain trigger activities conducted by our customers.
- Workflows are excellent. Easy to use, drag-and-drop creation of automated email sends based on activity.
- Management of email preferences to ensure compliance is seamless.
- Scheduling and set-up are very simple.
- A/B testing is easy to use.
- Reporting leaves a lot to be desired. Probably our biggest complaint.
We are using Bronto across the whole organization. The main users are the marketing department, but it is empowering all the segmented communication for Sparta and its brands.
Through Bronto, we have achieved huge growth in our emailing traffic and sales, but it is hard to focus resources in order to maximize the power of the tool and the main features.
We love the usability of the platform and the automation possibilities.
- List segmenting / management
- A/B testing
- Dynamic content
- If you are in need of CRM
- Does not lead score
- Workflows can be difficult
- It's easy to work with – it has seamless integration across all platforms, which helps when you're working with big clientele.
- It's logically organized, which can't be said of all ESP's.
- It has the LIVE CHAT support. A lot of email marketing clients simply don't have that. It's the little things!
- It would be nice if Bronto held sales data, you can't see it easily in tables.
- It would be nice if Bronto tracked legacy growth – we could track growth each month digitally rather than just writing stuff down.
- Their mobile version still is a bit lacking on different devices, mobile/desktop is generally grouped "okay" and same for the rendering engine of the mail client.
- Chat support. They are the professionals behind those keyboards. Not asking someone else. Them. Right there. Get your answers fast and accurate.
- Detailed tracking information. Sends, delivered, clicks, conversions. Anything and everything you want to know about how your emails are doing is tracked. I keep my own reporting separate in an excel sheet, but they have great reporting.
- Automated messaging rules. Set and forget emails that hit the customer with the right information exactly when needed. The workflows allow for some REALLY cool & complex set ups too.
- Scaled pricing. You get A LOT with them. Sometimes you just don't need it all. They have some a la carte features, but a lot comes with the 'basic' set up. Could be cheaper to get 'into Bronto' then. Still get a good amount for what you are paying.
- Being owned by a huge corp such as Oracle, there is always a little bit of bureaucracy that you just hate. Example, the invoice emails you get look so basic you would think they are spam, not for an ESP company. Nice save is you have an account rep. I talk just to them if I can. They always do a great job getting what I need.
- Connects remarkably well with the NetSuite System
- Offers great ways to set up drip email campaigns.
- Offers great analytics and segmentation.
- My main complaint with Bronto is that you pay for the number of emails sent, not the size of your email list. This limits how many emails you want to send.
- There is no way to see if a hosted image is actually being used in an email or if we are just wasting the available space.
- I wish there was more ways to segment.
- It is very intuitive and easy to use by most teammates that were on the client account.
- Like many other CRMs, it integrates pretty seamlessly with a third party or non-native platforms.
- Its WYSYWIG editor was one of the best ones I have ever used in creating emails and workflows.
- It is an Oracle brand, so there is going to be an Oracle price tag associated with it...
- There are separate charges that a typical user will have to pay for. For example, we had to buy add-ons for email tracking and browsing history that were not included in the base price.
- The email builder is good and user-friendly and saves us time.
- The coupon manager is a lifesaver in its ability to generate unique barcodes.
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.
- The UI is clunky at times and difficult to use, particularly the automation workflow process.
- Creating segmentations can be difficult and I find myself second guessing whenever I produce a segmentation.
- Although the analytics are good, I believe they could be better. I almost wish there is another layer that we could drill down when looking at our customers.
- Overall ease of use - Other email platforms are much clunkier and require large teams to execute list segmentation. Bronto has been a more affordable and easier to use solution.
- Segmentation - Smart list segmentation is the cornerstone of a successful email marketing program. Bronto's segmentation functionality allows us to slice and dice lists with ease.
- Dynamic Content - Powerful marketing delivers the right message to the right people at the right time. With Dynamic Content we are able to provide personalized email content to our customers.
- Deliverability Coaching - We work one-one-one with a Bronto deliverability specialist who is able to advise on how we are showing up in inboxes--THE most important aspect of email marketing.
- Live Chat - Bronto has excellent customer service and a "live chat" functionality that is useful when questions arise.
- Overall Strategy - Bronto is not proactive on delivering any improvements to our overall email marketing strategy and program. While I'm not sure this is part of our current package, I know that we do have the ability to engage with a strategist. However we rarely hear any personalized suggestions or recommendations on how to improve our current program.
- Third Party Integration - We are currently working on this with Bronto and hopefully will be an improvement coming later this year.
- A/B testing... need to include confidence interval into the equation used to determine a winner. Currently, Bronto declares an email a winner if it has one more of the KPI, even though there's no statistical significance. Other platforms do better.
- A/B testing... segmentation isn't random enough. I ran multiple AA tests and there was 95% confidence one email performed better than the other... this was based off 120,000 emails measuring sent vs received. This type of test should never result in a winner with statistical significance.
- Data reporting... data that's able to be exported should be much more customizable. I literally waste hours transcribing certain data by hand.
- Live chat- the Bronto platform is very complex in the sense that there are a lot of things that it offers, so it helps a lot to have a dedicated chat function.
- New drag and drop editor- I love the ease of use of building new email templates and the amount of customization that's possible without needing HTML knowledge.
- Reporting- the metrics that Bronto provides help us easily judge the overall health of our email lists at a glance. We're also able to dig in with more detail if needed.
- Segmenting- although there's a lot that can be done with segmenting audiences, there's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to setting up segments. Wish it was more intuitive.
- Workflows- setting up automation workflows requires some practice and I've needed to consult a Bronto support person each time I set up a new workflow.
- Bronto Pop-up manager- we use this feature, not sure how common it is among Bronto clients, but there is overall some improvement needed with this tool. There is limited capability to update the look and feel of the pop-up manager, and we've run into some conflicts with other pop-ups on our website interfering with the Bronto pop-up.
- The platform is very user-friendly. The addition of the Drag-and-Drop editor has made everything infinitely easier when it comes to organizing a clean layout for a message.
- The customer service is top-notch, from a live chat for support to the Bronto blog to the account manager. It's extremely rare there's a time where I have a question or issue that can't be solved.
- Automation campaigns are extremely easy. Setting up triggers and entry points are quickly completed on the front end and reap strong rewards on the back end without having to think about it.
- I think a cleaner dashboard could help. The current one seems out-of-date and not as sleek as it could be.
- The ability to host more than 100MB of content would be a great addition.
- Organizing & segmenting email contact lists.
- A/B testing.
- Easy message editing and customizing.
- Have some way to tag links in a message, to better organize & segment contacts based on click data.
- Have responsive web forms.
- Better html and CSS custom coding support.
- Very easy for anyone to use.
- Great customer service
- The learning curve to create segments and send emails is very low.
- The need to create a staged order forms. So if someone signs up for your emails if they come to the site later it doesn't ask for email again it needs to ask for other information, so you can build better profiles over time.
- User management setup is comprehensive as we have 80+ users with different roles and permissions.
- The drag and drop visual editor is easy to use once the base templates are established.
- The workflow automation visual editor is one of the best I've used from an ease of use perspective.
- Edge cases for reporting can sometimes be difficult to handle. Finding a specific date a group of contacts was added to a list, for example.
- A couple of elusive bugs remain that they've been unable to resolve. A few times a year a couple users will randomly lose list access permissions.
- Support could respond faster, esp if it gets escalated to engineering.
- Zapier integrations would be nice.
Have lots of lists and unique rule scenarios - between field setup, segmentation, and workflow automation, it's solid.
- Segmentation- you have a lot of control over who gets what, when
- Reporting- you can easily see stats on campaigns
- The drag and drop feature when creating emails is clunky and can be frustrating. It gets the job done and having the customization without having to know HTML is nice, but it feels like they dropped the ball on this one. It feels almost like they made sure the concept worked, then never went back and finessed it to be user-friendly.
- The amount of users who can be editing an email- other platforms - I have used have real-time updates from multiple users. If 2 people are in it at the same time, only one set of changes is made.
- Bronto allows us to very easily manage the dozens of transactional emails that our company sends every day.
- Having all the email templates in one place makes it very easy to make a change that can affect all the different emails that need to reflect the change.
- We are able to schedule batches of emails to send to our customers so we do not have to manually do this. This also helps us avoid the spam folder.
- We ended up designing all of our emails on our own because of the limitations that Bronto had in regards to design.
- We had some problems with the initial import of our contact list. The customer service team was helpful in getting this solved, but we have since had issues with our contact list.
- Along these lines, while the customer service team was able to help us, they were not incredibly quick to get back to us and keep us updated on progress being made.
- Easy to use.
- Can create complicated workflows fairly easily.
- Support is good.
- Lots of pre-made segments and workflows to use and build off of.
- Documentation could be cleaner and do a better job of simplifying subjects.
- Some more functionality could be added in terms of adding fields for lists.
- It's easy to upload new lists/contacts
- Easy to modify templates
- Bronto could do a better job providing metrics across the organization. Right now you can dig into specific mailings and groups, but it's difficult to get a universal view.
Bronto Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Request pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bronto Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bronto Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||English-speaking countries|