- We use the Bronto Marketing Platform across our entire organization to send emails to our customers.
- It is used for 5 different brands, to …
We are using Bronto across the whole organization. The main users are the marketing department, but it is empowering all the segmented …
Email deliverability reporting (114)
Standard reports (56)
List management (56)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bronto Marketing Platform (discontinued), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Supported: WYSIWYG email editor
- Supported: Dynamic content
- Supported: Ability to test dynamic content
- Supported: Landing pages
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: Mobile optimization
- Supported: Email deliverability reporting
- Supported: List management
- Supported: Triggered drip sequences
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
Watch The Bronto Marketing Platform helps organizations of all sizes grow revenue, save time and optimize marketing resources. By delivering powerful and flexible email marketing solutions that work seamlessly with multiple ecommerce platforms, Bronto enables brands to maximize the value of customer data and deliver relevant, personal messages.
|Supported Countries||English-speaking countries|
- Email deliverability in terms of IP reputation maintenance.
- Workflow management - easy to utilize tools for drip campaigns on multiple triggers.
- Campaign targeting - segment tool allows incorporation of a wide variety of data sources.
- Clarity in list upload features - not always easy to figure out what goes where.
- Nav structure takes some getting used to.
- Popup manager needs work to be more polished.
- Top for deliverability
- Ease of use in sending e-mails daily
- Easy to use analytics
- Heat maps for email clicks
- Not a lot of built-in insights
- Not great for advanced or predictive segmentation
- Not a lot of plugins available
- Customer service was quite professional.
- Solid platform with years of experience in the industry.
- Poor account support and slow response.
- Delay in developing new functions.
- Organization of Customer Information
- Ease of Developing Email Campaigns
- The amount of features can be overwhelming at first.
- Sometimes we experienced a laggy response to working within the tool.
- Connects remarkably well with the NetSuite System
- Offers great ways to set up drip email campaigns.
- Offers great analytics and segmentation.
- My main complaint with Bronto is that you pay for the number of emails sent, not the size of your email list. This limits how many emails you want to send.
- There is no way to see if a hosted image is actually being used in an email or if we are just wasting the available space.
- I wish there was more ways to segment.
- Marketing automation.
- Omnichannel marketing.
- Storing contacts without email addresses.
- Messenger integration.
- Retail POS integration.
- Automated cart recovery email campaigns
- Bronto has a very user friendly interface for building complex workflows for automated campaigns
- Bronto's analytics are very good
- Bronto is built for complexity and volume. It is probably not the ideal tool for smaller organizations with simple email needs.
- The integration with NetSuite has been "buggy" at times.
- Bronto is pretty expensive. You get a lot of bells and whistles, but you pay for them.
- Spam testing.
- Marketing automation.
- Social posting.
- Needs integrations.
- Integrated browser push notifications.
- Integrated messenger channel.
- Integrated retargeting ads.
- Simple list and segmentation management
- Flexibility of interaction, through the web application or API.
- Automation of triggered emails
- Variable message personalization
- Integration with outside ecommerce platforms
- More options and granular flexibility on the workflows.
- Better API documentation.
- Speed, the web application can bog down frequently.
- We use the Bronto Marketing Platform across our entire organization to send emails to our customers.
- It is used for 5 different brands, to send both transactional and promotional emails.
- It serves as the system-of-record for our email contacts and their preferences.
- We are also able to use built-in workflows to send automated messages based upon certain trigger activities conducted by our customers.
- Workflows are excellent. Easy to use, drag-and-drop creation of automated email sends based on activity.
- Management of email preferences to ensure compliance is seamless.
- Scheduling and set-up are very simple.
- A/B testing is easy to use.
- Reporting leaves a lot to be desired. Probably our biggest complaint.
- Easy to use template builder
- Drag and Drop feature is very useful
- User friendly interface
- Metrics do not update in real time
- Too many layers for approval
- Integration with NetSuite
- Constant updates to the platform
- Simple and easy to use
- There are lots of extra apps that you can purchase however, I feel like some of these apps (i.e pop up manager) could be better - they’re way far behind other apps available
- It's easy to work with – it has seamless integration across all platforms, which helps when you're working with big clientele.
- It's logically organized, which can't be said of all ESP's.
- It has the LIVE CHAT support. A lot of email marketing clients simply don't have that. It's the little things!
- It would be nice if Bronto held sales data, you can't see it easily in tables.
- It would be nice if Bronto tracked legacy growth – we could track growth each month digitally rather than just writing stuff down.
- Their mobile version still is a bit lacking on different devices, mobile/desktop is generally grouped "okay" and same for the rendering engine of the mail client.
We are using Bronto across the whole organization. The main users are the marketing department, but it is empowering all the segmented communication for Sparta and its brands.
Through Bronto, we have achieved huge growth in our emailing traffic and sales, but it is hard to focus resources in order to maximize the power of the tool and the main features.
We love the usability of the platform and the automation possibilities.
- Native integration with the Ecom platform (Magento)
- Automation possibilities
- Customer Service is only English based.
- Besides the first launch period, you will need to develop the experience curve by yourself.
- Sending the pricing policy is based on a CPM logic.
- List Segmentation
- Lead Scoring
- Video Enablement in email body
- Survey building tool in email
- List segmenting / management
- A/B testing
- Dynamic content
- If you are in need of CRM
- Does not lead score
- Workflows can be difficult
- Organizing & segmenting email contact lists.
- A/B testing.
- Easy message editing and customizing.
- Have some way to tag links in a message, to better organize & segment contacts based on click data.
- Have responsive web forms.
- Better html and CSS custom coding support.
- Very easy for anyone to use.
- Great customer service
- The learning curve to create segments and send emails is very low.
- The need to create a staged order forms. So if someone signs up for your emails if they come to the site later it doesn't ask for email again it needs to ask for other information, so you can build better profiles over time.
- It is very intuitive and easy to use by most teammates that were on the client account.
- Like many other CRMs, it integrates pretty seamlessly with a third party or non-native platforms.
- Its WYSYWIG editor was one of the best ones I have ever used in creating emails and workflows.
- It is an Oracle brand, so there is going to be an Oracle price tag associated with it...
- There are separate charges that a typical user will have to pay for. For example, we had to buy add-ons for email tracking and browsing history that were not included in the base price.
- User management setup is comprehensive as we have 80+ users with different roles and permissions.
- The drag and drop visual editor is easy to use once the base templates are established.
- The workflow automation visual editor is one of the best I've used from an ease of use perspective.
- Edge cases for reporting can sometimes be difficult to handle. Finding a specific date a group of contacts was added to a list, for example.
- A couple of elusive bugs remain that they've been unable to resolve. A few times a year a couple users will randomly lose list access permissions.
- Support could respond faster, esp if it gets escalated to engineering.
- Zapier integrations would be nice.
Have lots of lists and unique rule scenarios - between field setup, segmentation, and workflow automation, it's solid.
- Live chat- the Bronto platform is very complex in the sense that there are a lot of things that it offers, so it helps a lot to have a dedicated chat function.
- New drag and drop editor- I love the ease of use of building new email templates and the amount of customization that's possible without needing HTML knowledge.
- Reporting- the metrics that Bronto provides help us easily judge the overall health of our email lists at a glance. We're also able to dig in with more detail if needed.
- Segmenting- although there's a lot that can be done with segmenting audiences, there's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to setting up segments. Wish it was more intuitive.
- Workflows- setting up automation workflows requires some practice and I've needed to consult a Bronto support person each time I set up a new workflow.
- Bronto Pop-up manager- we use this feature, not sure how common it is among Bronto clients, but there is overall some improvement needed with this tool. There is limited capability to update the look and feel of the pop-up manager, and we've run into some conflicts with other pop-ups on our website interfering with the Bronto pop-up.
- Abandon cart recovery.
- Easy to use interface.
- Workflows are easy to set up for automatic style emails.
- Better integration with outside software (little things not a big con).
- Easy to use.
- Can create complicated workflows fairly easily.
- Support is good.
- Lots of pre-made segments and workflows to use and build off of.
- Documentation could be cleaner and do a better job of simplifying subjects.
- Some more functionality could be added in terms of adding fields for lists.
- The email builder is good and user-friendly and saves us time.
- The coupon manager is a lifesaver in its ability to generate unique barcodes.
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.
- The UI is clunky at times and difficult to use, particularly the automation workflow process.
- Creating segmentations can be difficult and I find myself second guessing whenever I produce a segmentation.
- Although the analytics are good, I believe they could be better. I almost wish there is another layer that we could drill down when looking at our customers.
- Chat support. They are the professionals behind those keyboards. Not asking someone else. Them. Right there. Get your answers fast and accurate.
- Detailed tracking information. Sends, delivered, clicks, conversions. Anything and everything you want to know about how your emails are doing is tracked. I keep my own reporting separate in an excel sheet, but they have great reporting.
- Automated messaging rules. Set and forget emails that hit the customer with the right information exactly when needed. The workflows allow for some REALLY cool & complex set ups too.
- Scaled pricing. You get A LOT with them. Sometimes you just don't need it all. They have some a la carte features, but a lot comes with the 'basic' set up. Could be cheaper to get 'into Bronto' then. Still get a good amount for what you are paying.
- Being owned by a huge corp such as Oracle, there is always a little bit of bureaucracy that you just hate. Example, the invoice emails you get look so basic you would think they are spam, not for an ESP company. Nice save is you have an account rep. I talk just to them if I can. They always do a great job getting what I need.
- Overall ease of use - Other email platforms are much clunkier and require large teams to execute list segmentation. Bronto has been a more affordable and easier to use solution.
- Segmentation - Smart list segmentation is the cornerstone of a successful email marketing program. Bronto's segmentation functionality allows us to slice and dice lists with ease.
- Dynamic Content - Powerful marketing delivers the right message to the right people at the right time. With Dynamic Content we are able to provide personalized email content to our customers.
- Deliverability Coaching - We work one-one-one with a Bronto deliverability specialist who is able to advise on how we are showing up in inboxes--THE most important aspect of email marketing.
- Live Chat - Bronto has excellent customer service and a "live chat" functionality that is useful when questions arise.
- Overall Strategy - Bronto is not proactive on delivering any improvements to our overall email marketing strategy and program. While I'm not sure this is part of our current package, I know that we do have the ability to engage with a strategist. However we rarely hear any personalized suggestions or recommendations on how to improve our current program.
- Third Party Integration - We are currently working on this with Bronto and hopefully will be an improvement coming later this year.