Reviews (1-25 of 52)
We are using Bronto across the whole organization. The main users are the marketing department, but it is empowering all the segmented communication for Sparta and its brands.
Through Bronto, we have achieved huge growth in our emailing traffic and sales, but it is hard to focus resources in order to maximize the power of the tool and the main features.
We love the usability of the platform and the automation possibilities.
- List segmenting / management
- A/B testing
- Dynamic content
- If you are in need of CRM
- Does not lead score
- Workflows can be difficult
- Connects remarkably well with the NetSuite System
- Offers great ways to set up drip email campaigns.
- Offers great analytics and segmentation.
- My main complaint with Bronto is that you pay for the number of emails sent, not the size of your email list. This limits how many emails you want to send.
- There is no way to see if a hosted image is actually being used in an email or if we are just wasting the available space.
- I wish there was more ways to segment.
- Automated cart recovery email campaigns
- Bronto has a very user friendly interface for building complex workflows for automated campaigns
- Bronto's analytics are very good
- Bronto is built for complexity and volume. It is probably not the ideal tool for smaller organizations with simple email needs.
- The integration with NetSuite has been "buggy" at times.
- Bronto is pretty expensive. You get a lot of bells and whistles, but you pay for them.
- It is very intuitive and easy to use by most teammates that were on the client account.
- Like many other CRMs, it integrates pretty seamlessly with a third party or non-native platforms.
- Its WYSYWIG editor was one of the best ones I have ever used in creating emails and workflows.
- It is an Oracle brand, so there is going to be an Oracle price tag associated with it...
- There are separate charges that a typical user will have to pay for. For example, we had to buy add-ons for email tracking and browsing history that were not included in the base price.
- It's easy to work with – it has seamless integration across all platforms, which helps when you're working with big clientele.
- It's logically organized, which can't be said of all ESP's.
- It has the LIVE CHAT support. A lot of email marketing clients simply don't have that. It's the little things!
- It would be nice if Bronto held sales data, you can't see it easily in tables.
- It would be nice if Bronto tracked legacy growth – we could track growth each month digitally rather than just writing stuff down.
- Their mobile version still is a bit lacking on different devices, mobile/desktop is generally grouped "okay" and same for the rendering engine of the mail client.
- Organizing & segmenting email contact lists.
- A/B testing.
- Easy message editing and customizing.
- Have some way to tag links in a message, to better organize & segment contacts based on click data.
- Have responsive web forms.
- Better html and CSS custom coding support.
- Very easy for anyone to use.
- Great customer service
- The learning curve to create segments and send emails is very low.
- The need to create a staged order forms. So if someone signs up for your emails if they come to the site later it doesn't ask for email again it needs to ask for other information, so you can build better profiles over time.
- User management setup is comprehensive as we have 80+ users with different roles and permissions.
- The drag and drop visual editor is easy to use once the base templates are established.
- The workflow automation visual editor is one of the best I've used from an ease of use perspective.
- Edge cases for reporting can sometimes be difficult to handle. Finding a specific date a group of contacts was added to a list, for example.
- A couple of elusive bugs remain that they've been unable to resolve. A few times a year a couple users will randomly lose list access permissions.
- Support could respond faster, esp if it gets escalated to engineering.
- Zapier integrations would be nice.
Have lots of lists and unique rule scenarios - between field setup, segmentation, and workflow automation, it's solid.
- Chat support. They are the professionals behind those keyboards. Not asking someone else. Them. Right there. Get your answers fast and accurate.
- Detailed tracking information. Sends, delivered, clicks, conversions. Anything and everything you want to know about how your emails are doing is tracked. I keep my own reporting separate in an excel sheet, but they have great reporting.
- Automated messaging rules. Set and forget emails that hit the customer with the right information exactly when needed. The workflows allow for some REALLY cool & complex set ups too.
- Scaled pricing. You get A LOT with them. Sometimes you just don't need it all. They have some a la carte features, but a lot comes with the 'basic' set up. Could be cheaper to get 'into Bronto' then. Still get a good amount for what you are paying.
- Being owned by a huge corp such as Oracle, there is always a little bit of bureaucracy that you just hate. Example, the invoice emails you get look so basic you would think they are spam, not for an ESP company. Nice save is you have an account rep. I talk just to them if I can. They always do a great job getting what I need.
- The email builder is good and user-friendly and saves us time.
- The coupon manager is a lifesaver in its ability to generate unique barcodes.
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.
- The UI is clunky at times and difficult to use, particularly the automation workflow process.
- Creating segmentations can be difficult and I find myself second guessing whenever I produce a segmentation.
- Although the analytics are good, I believe they could be better. I almost wish there is another layer that we could drill down when looking at our customers.
- Overall ease of use - Other email platforms are much clunkier and require large teams to execute list segmentation. Bronto has been a more affordable and easier to use solution.
- Segmentation - Smart list segmentation is the cornerstone of a successful email marketing program. Bronto's segmentation functionality allows us to slice and dice lists with ease.
- Dynamic Content - Powerful marketing delivers the right message to the right people at the right time. With Dynamic Content we are able to provide personalized email content to our customers.
- Deliverability Coaching - We work one-one-one with a Bronto deliverability specialist who is able to advise on how we are showing up in inboxes--THE most important aspect of email marketing.
- Live Chat - Bronto has excellent customer service and a "live chat" functionality that is useful when questions arise.
- Overall Strategy - Bronto is not proactive on delivering any improvements to our overall email marketing strategy and program. While I'm not sure this is part of our current package, I know that we do have the ability to engage with a strategist. However we rarely hear any personalized suggestions or recommendations on how to improve our current program.
- Third Party Integration - We are currently working on this with Bronto and hopefully will be an improvement coming later this year.
- A/B testing... need to include confidence interval into the equation used to determine a winner. Currently, Bronto declares an email a winner if it has one more of the KPI, even though there's no statistical significance. Other platforms do better.
- A/B testing... segmentation isn't random enough. I ran multiple AA tests and there was 95% confidence one email performed better than the other... this was based off 120,000 emails measuring sent vs received. This type of test should never result in a winner with statistical significance.
- Data reporting... data that's able to be exported should be much more customizable. I literally waste hours transcribing certain data by hand.
- The message editor is easy to learn, easy to use, and allows you to build sophisticated messages with little to no development knowledge.
- The available feature set has allowed us to not only significantly grow our revenue from email marketing, but also allows for years of future growth and expansion of our email marketing programs. Key to this growth is a newer feature called Recommendations which serves up real time product suggestions based on browsing and purchase data of existing customers.
- When needed, the Bronto support team is knowledgeable, and quick to resolve issues, help us learn a new feature, or just point us in the right direction of solving our own problems.
- Reporting has been much improved in the last 12 months but still has room to improve. Often the view and format of reports varies depending on where you are looking at the data.
- Although the feature IS coming, we have been looking for transactional messaging for our CRM since we signed with Bronto. Given we use NetSuite, who owns Bronto, we expected this feature much sooner.
- More real-time and personalized content within Bronto would be welcomed.
- Organized platform to quickly access what you need to use at all times.
- Great customer and site support. Can provide help with any issues.
- The tabs and sections on the site are detailed and helpful for data separation.
- Could have a faster loading time, sometimes freezes for a while.
- Have more multiple access to a few things at once, constantly having to go back then forward again.
Is being used only in our department for promotions, newsletters, sensitive information, etc.
- Web forms are really useful when we are looking for new acquisition.
- Pop-ups are really good, the fact that we can connect them to our website is pretty cool.
- I really miss the old reporting system.
- The fact that we need to create segments in order to get opens, not opens, clicks.. etc., from sent deliveries is kinda annoying based on the fact that before it was a lot easier to get the info.
- Bronto is a valuable asset to us for its ability to track ticket sales (click-thrus that amount to purchases).
- It's a nice benefit to have the scheduling features that Bronto offers for sending email blasts to our segmented groups.
- The email reporting is very detailed and informative and gives us valuable data about adjusting email content and delivery schedules.
- The ability to extract user data fields to include within emails is a great feature, but sometimes it gets forgotten and is not promoted enough imo within the user portal.
- Would like to see Bronto offer some sort of RSVP type features/services for using Bronto to manage event registration (which we send email notifications for quite often).
- Ease to use interface
- Constantly adding new features to platform that make the solution stay current
- Reliable solution
- Template Marketplace to use already formatted templates in the Template editor. Yes, you can create your own, but sometimes it'd be quick to just pick a fresh template and make a few edits without having to start from scratch each time
- Static Blocks for the template editor - where you can save re-usable html content, not just images
- Hosting fees for images fees - it's ridiculous how much or that this is even a fee considering how cheap storage space is these days
- It's reliable, I've never had an issue. They keep the platform bug free and updated.
- It's pretty intuitive for the most part.
- Training. Help users be successful without charging them an arm and a leg. It's too damn expensive.
- There are TOO many dropdowns/menus. Consolidate it to be more simple.
- The design templates kinda suck and seem to be stuck as the same from 10 years ago.
- It allows us to easily connect with various customer segments.
- Bronto's workflow is as simple as drag and drop.
- Bronto's support is top notch. Whenever we have a question about the best way to do something or why something might not function as we expect, Bronto support is quick to help.
- Bronto could use design support as well - at least for the design around their unique functions (such as design questions surrounding Recommendations Premium)
- Automatic list backup or exporting. We have run into issue with our list having some issues and it would be nice if there was a way to automatically backup or export a master list from Bronto.
- Color coding of the various company sections. We have numerous brands attached to our Bronto account and it is easy to get them mixed up.
- Friendly user interface: I appreciate that the user interface is generally intuitive and easy to use (also easy to teach others how to use).
- Ability to pull analytic reports that meet our needs: I am able to pull analytic reports with relative ease and the data suits our departmental needs.
- Copy and paste ability from a Microsoft Word Doc (sometimes the text formatting, such as the font/size/spacing, will be slightly off).
- Removing/swapping fields within an email template (I personally have difficulty with this - not sure if this is reflective of a larger user issue).
- Image editing capabilities (sizing specifically) within the WYSIWYG.
- Bronto is easy to learn and use. It only took one conference call with Tami Urban, a Bronto consultant, to get started, and after that, it was fairly simple to learn the system more thoroughly. The interface and menus are generally fairly self-explanatory.
- The dashboards are easily customizable, so we can see only information, such as the remaining hosting capacity, that's relevant to us.
- Bronto has two different ways for us to preview our completed emails - the 'Show Preview' at the top of the section where we enter the HTML code, and then the web preview, which we can do after saving and closing the email code. The web preview allows us to test any hyperlinks contained in the email. Both previews allow us to see if there are coding errors or superfluous characters that need addressing.
- The section where we enter the HTML code updates instantly - we can see any changes we make to the coding immediately WITHOUT having to save it - that is a big time-saver!
- When we started using Bronto, and until within the past year, we were able to send test emails to our AOL or Gmail email accounts, even though the email we have our Bronto account under, through our client, is our AOL email. However, we were suddenly unable to do that anymore, apparently because we do not have a private domain. This has hampered our ability to thoroughly test the accuracy of our work! We would like to be able to utilize that feature again, with our existing email accounts!
When we needed to set up a basic workflow they were able to help out.
Bronto Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Oracle Bronto is a cloud-based marketing platform for commerce. With an advanced marketing automation engine and solutions for browser and shopping cart abandonment, recommendations, post-purchase campaigns and powerful ecommerce integrations, the Bronto Marketing Platform aims to help marketers drive more revenue by automating targeted, personalized email and cross-channel marketing campaigns at scale. Bronto offers a full suite of enterprise features and an extensive array of partner integrations to help commerce marketers accomplish more, while saving time and resources.
Over 1400 brands worldwide use Bronto, including a client roster of high-growth brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Lucky Brand, Theory, Trek, Ashley Homestore and Christopher & Banks.
Request pricing at email@example.com.
Bronto Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bronto Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||English-speaking countries|