Reviews (1-25 of 58)
- Connects remarkably well with the NetSuite System
- Offers great ways to set up drip email campaigns.
- Offers great analytics and segmentation.
- My main complaint with Bronto is that you pay for the number of emails sent, not the size of your email list. This limits how many emails you want to send.
- There is no way to see if a hosted image is actually being used in an email or if we are just wasting the available space.
- I wish there was more ways to segment.
- Automated cart recovery email campaigns
- Bronto has a very user friendly interface for building complex workflows for automated campaigns
- Bronto's analytics are very good
- Bronto is built for complexity and volume. It is probably not the ideal tool for smaller organizations with simple email needs.
- The integration with NetSuite has been "buggy" at times.
- Bronto is pretty expensive. You get a lot of bells and whistles, but you pay for them.
- Simple list and segmentation management
- Flexibility of interaction, through the web application or API.
- Automation of triggered emails
- Variable message personalization
- Integration with outside ecommerce platforms
- More options and granular flexibility on the workflows.
- Better API documentation.
- Speed, the web application can bog down frequently.
- We use the Bronto Marketing Platform across our entire organization to send emails to our customers.
- It is used for 5 different brands, to send both transactional and promotional emails.
- It serves as the system-of-record for our email contacts and their preferences.
- We are also able to use built-in workflows to send automated messages based upon certain trigger activities conducted by our customers.
- Workflows are excellent. Easy to use, drag-and-drop creation of automated email sends based on activity.
- Management of email preferences to ensure compliance is seamless.
- Scheduling and set-up are very simple.
- A/B testing is easy to use.
- Reporting leaves a lot to be desired. Probably our biggest complaint.
We are using Bronto across the whole organization. The main users are the marketing department, but it is empowering all the segmented communication for Sparta and its brands.
Through Bronto, we have achieved huge growth in our emailing traffic and sales, but it is hard to focus resources in order to maximize the power of the tool and the main features.
We love the usability of the platform and the automation possibilities.
- List segmenting / management
- A/B testing
- Dynamic content
- If you are in need of CRM
- Does not lead score
- Workflows can be difficult
- It is very intuitive and easy to use by most teammates that were on the client account.
- Like many other CRMs, it integrates pretty seamlessly with a third party or non-native platforms.
- Its WYSYWIG editor was one of the best ones I have ever used in creating emails and workflows.
- It is an Oracle brand, so there is going to be an Oracle price tag associated with it...
- There are separate charges that a typical user will have to pay for. For example, we had to buy add-ons for email tracking and browsing history that were not included in the base price.
- It's easy to work with – it has seamless integration across all platforms, which helps when you're working with big clientele.
- It's logically organized, which can't be said of all ESP's.
- It has the LIVE CHAT support. A lot of email marketing clients simply don't have that. It's the little things!
- It would be nice if Bronto held sales data, you can't see it easily in tables.
- It would be nice if Bronto tracked legacy growth – we could track growth each month digitally rather than just writing stuff down.
- Their mobile version still is a bit lacking on different devices, mobile/desktop is generally grouped "okay" and same for the rendering engine of the mail client.
- Organizing & segmenting email contact lists.
- A/B testing.
- Easy message editing and customizing.
- Have some way to tag links in a message, to better organize & segment contacts based on click data.
- Have responsive web forms.
- Better html and CSS custom coding support.
- Very easy for anyone to use.
- Great customer service
- The learning curve to create segments and send emails is very low.
- The need to create a staged order forms. So if someone signs up for your emails if they come to the site later it doesn't ask for email again it needs to ask for other information, so you can build better profiles over time.
- User management setup is comprehensive as we have 80+ users with different roles and permissions.
- The drag and drop visual editor is easy to use once the base templates are established.
- The workflow automation visual editor is one of the best I've used from an ease of use perspective.
- Edge cases for reporting can sometimes be difficult to handle. Finding a specific date a group of contacts was added to a list, for example.
- A couple of elusive bugs remain that they've been unable to resolve. A few times a year a couple users will randomly lose list access permissions.
- Support could respond faster, esp if it gets escalated to engineering.
- Zapier integrations would be nice.
Have lots of lists and unique rule scenarios - between field setup, segmentation, and workflow automation, it's solid.
- Chat support. They are the professionals behind those keyboards. Not asking someone else. Them. Right there. Get your answers fast and accurate.
- Detailed tracking information. Sends, delivered, clicks, conversions. Anything and everything you want to know about how your emails are doing is tracked. I keep my own reporting separate in an excel sheet, but they have great reporting.
- Automated messaging rules. Set and forget emails that hit the customer with the right information exactly when needed. The workflows allow for some REALLY cool & complex set ups too.
- Scaled pricing. You get A LOT with them. Sometimes you just don't need it all. They have some a la carte features, but a lot comes with the 'basic' set up. Could be cheaper to get 'into Bronto' then. Still get a good amount for what you are paying.
- Being owned by a huge corp such as Oracle, there is always a little bit of bureaucracy that you just hate. Example, the invoice emails you get look so basic you would think they are spam, not for an ESP company. Nice save is you have an account rep. I talk just to them if I can. They always do a great job getting what I need.
- The email builder is good and user-friendly and saves us time.
- The coupon manager is a lifesaver in its ability to generate unique barcodes.
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.
- The UI is clunky at times and difficult to use, particularly the automation workflow process.
- Creating segmentations can be difficult and I find myself second guessing whenever I produce a segmentation.
- Although the analytics are good, I believe they could be better. I almost wish there is another layer that we could drill down when looking at our customers.
- Overall ease of use - Other email platforms are much clunkier and require large teams to execute list segmentation. Bronto has been a more affordable and easier to use solution.
- Segmentation - Smart list segmentation is the cornerstone of a successful email marketing program. Bronto's segmentation functionality allows us to slice and dice lists with ease.
- Dynamic Content - Powerful marketing delivers the right message to the right people at the right time. With Dynamic Content we are able to provide personalized email content to our customers.
- Deliverability Coaching - We work one-one-one with a Bronto deliverability specialist who is able to advise on how we are showing up in inboxes--THE most important aspect of email marketing.
- Live Chat - Bronto has excellent customer service and a "live chat" functionality that is useful when questions arise.
- Overall Strategy - Bronto is not proactive on delivering any improvements to our overall email marketing strategy and program. While I'm not sure this is part of our current package, I know that we do have the ability to engage with a strategist. However we rarely hear any personalized suggestions or recommendations on how to improve our current program.
- Third Party Integration - We are currently working on this with Bronto and hopefully will be an improvement coming later this year.
- A/B testing... need to include confidence interval into the equation used to determine a winner. Currently, Bronto declares an email a winner if it has one more of the KPI, even though there's no statistical significance. Other platforms do better.
- A/B testing... segmentation isn't random enough. I ran multiple AA tests and there was 95% confidence one email performed better than the other... this was based off 120,000 emails measuring sent vs received. This type of test should never result in a winner with statistical significance.
- Data reporting... data that's able to be exported should be much more customizable. I literally waste hours transcribing certain data by hand.
- The message editor is easy to learn, easy to use, and allows you to build sophisticated messages with little to no development knowledge.
- The available feature set has allowed us to not only significantly grow our revenue from email marketing, but also allows for years of future growth and expansion of our email marketing programs. Key to this growth is a newer feature called Recommendations which serves up real time product suggestions based on browsing and purchase data of existing customers.
- When needed, the Bronto support team is knowledgeable, and quick to resolve issues, help us learn a new feature, or just point us in the right direction of solving our own problems.
- Reporting has been much improved in the last 12 months but still has room to improve. Often the view and format of reports varies depending on where you are looking at the data.
- Although the feature IS coming, we have been looking for transactional messaging for our CRM since we signed with Bronto. Given we use NetSuite, who owns Bronto, we expected this feature much sooner.
- More real-time and personalized content within Bronto would be welcomed.
- Organized platform to quickly access what you need to use at all times.
- Great customer and site support. Can provide help with any issues.
- The tabs and sections on the site are detailed and helpful for data separation.
- Could have a faster loading time, sometimes freezes for a while.
- Have more multiple access to a few things at once, constantly having to go back then forward again.
Is being used only in our department for promotions, newsletters, sensitive information, etc.
- Web forms are really useful when we are looking for new acquisition.
- Pop-ups are really good, the fact that we can connect them to our website is pretty cool.
- I really miss the old reporting system.
- The fact that we need to create segments in order to get opens, not opens, clicks.. etc., from sent deliveries is kinda annoying based on the fact that before it was a lot easier to get the info.
- Bronto is a valuable asset to us for its ability to track ticket sales (click-thrus that amount to purchases).
- It's a nice benefit to have the scheduling features that Bronto offers for sending email blasts to our segmented groups.
- The email reporting is very detailed and informative and gives us valuable data about adjusting email content and delivery schedules.
- The ability to extract user data fields to include within emails is a great feature, but sometimes it gets forgotten and is not promoted enough imo within the user portal.
- Would like to see Bronto offer some sort of RSVP type features/services for using Bronto to manage event registration (which we send email notifications for quite often).
Bronto Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Request pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bronto Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bronto Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||English-speaking countries|