- Chat support. They are the professionals behind those keyboards. Not asking someone else. Them. Right there. Get your answers fast and accurate.
- Detailed tracking information. Sends, delivered, clicks, conversions. Anything and everything you want to know about how your emails are doing is tracked. I keep my own reporting separate in an excel sheet, but they have great reporting.
- Automated messaging rules. Set and forget emails that hit the customer with the right information exactly when needed. The workflows allow for some REALLY cool & complex set ups too.
- Scaled pricing. You get A LOT with them. Sometimes you just don't need it all. They have some a la carte features, but a lot comes with the 'basic' set up. Could be cheaper to get 'into Bronto' then. Still get a good amount for what you are paying.
- Being owned by a huge corp such as Oracle, there is always a little bit of bureaucracy that you just hate. Example, the invoice emails you get look so basic you would think they are spam, not for an ESP company. Nice save is you have an account rep. I talk just to them if I can. They always do a great job getting what I need.
- Connects remarkably well with the NetSuite System
- Offers great ways to set up drip email campaigns.
- Offers great analytics and segmentation.
- My main complaint with Bronto is that you pay for the number of emails sent, not the size of your email list. This limits how many emails you want to send.
- There is no way to see if a hosted image is actually being used in an email or if we are just wasting the available space.
- I wish there was more ways to segment.
- Automated cart recovery email campaigns
- Bronto has a very user friendly interface for building complex workflows for automated campaigns
- Bronto's analytics are very good
- Bronto is built for complexity and volume. It is probably not the ideal tool for smaller organizations with simple email needs.
- The integration with NetSuite has been "buggy" at times.
- Bronto is pretty expensive. You get a lot of bells and whistles, but you pay for them.
- It is very intuitive and easy to use by most teammates that were on the client account.
- Like many other CRMs, it integrates pretty seamlessly with a third party or non-native platforms.
- Its WYSYWIG editor was one of the best ones I have ever used in creating emails and workflows.
- It is an Oracle brand, so there is going to be an Oracle price tag associated with it...
- There are separate charges that a typical user will have to pay for. For example, we had to buy add-ons for email tracking and browsing history that were not included in the base price.
- The email builder is good and user-friendly and saves us time.
- The coupon manager is a lifesaver in its ability to generate unique barcodes.
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.
- The UI is clunky at times and difficult to use, particularly the automation workflow process.
- Creating segmentations can be difficult and I find myself second guessing whenever I produce a segmentation.
- Although the analytics are good, I believe they could be better. I almost wish there is another layer that we could drill down when looking at our customers.
- Overall ease of use - Other email platforms are much clunkier and require large teams to execute list segmentation. Bronto has been a more affordable and easier to use solution.
- Segmentation - Smart list segmentation is the cornerstone of a successful email marketing program. Bronto's segmentation functionality allows us to slice and dice lists with ease.
- Dynamic Content - Powerful marketing delivers the right message to the right people at the right time. With Dynamic Content we are able to provide personalized email content to our customers.
- Deliverability Coaching - We work one-one-one with a Bronto deliverability specialist who is able to advise on how we are showing up in inboxes--THE most important aspect of email marketing.
- Live Chat - Bronto has excellent customer service and a "live chat" functionality that is useful when questions arise.
- Overall Strategy - Bronto is not proactive on delivering any improvements to our overall email marketing strategy and program. While I'm not sure this is part of our current package, I know that we do have the ability to engage with a strategist. However we rarely hear any personalized suggestions or recommendations on how to improve our current program.
- Third Party Integration - We are currently working on this with Bronto and hopefully will be an improvement coming later this year.
- A/B testing... need to include confidence interval into the equation used to determine a winner. Currently, Bronto declares an email a winner if it has one more of the KPI, even though there's no statistical significance. Other platforms do better.
- A/B testing... segmentation isn't random enough. I ran multiple AA tests and there was 95% confidence one email performed better than the other... this was based off 120,000 emails measuring sent vs received. This type of test should never result in a winner with statistical significance.
- Data reporting... data that's able to be exported should be much more customizable. I literally waste hours transcribing certain data by hand.
- Live chat- the Bronto platform is very complex in the sense that there are a lot of things that it offers, so it helps a lot to have a dedicated chat function.
- New drag and drop editor- I love the ease of use of building new email templates and the amount of customization that's possible without needing HTML knowledge.
- Reporting- the metrics that Bronto provides help us easily judge the overall health of our email lists at a glance. We're also able to dig in with more detail if needed.
- Segmenting- although there's a lot that can be done with segmenting audiences, there's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to setting up segments. Wish it was more intuitive.
- Workflows- setting up automation workflows requires some practice and I've needed to consult a Bronto support person each time I set up a new workflow.
- Bronto Pop-up manager- we use this feature, not sure how common it is among Bronto clients, but there is overall some improvement needed with this tool. There is limited capability to update the look and feel of the pop-up manager, and we've run into some conflicts with other pop-ups on our website interfering with the Bronto pop-up.
- The platform is very user-friendly. The addition of the Drag-and-Drop editor has made everything infinitely easier when it comes to organizing a clean layout for a message.
- The customer service is top-notch, from a live chat for support to the Bronto blog to the account manager. It's extremely rare there's a time where I have a question or issue that can't be solved.
- Automation campaigns are extremely easy. Setting up triggers and entry points are quickly completed on the front end and reap strong rewards on the back end without having to think about it.
- I think a cleaner dashboard could help. The current one seems out-of-date and not as sleek as it could be.
- The ability to host more than 100MB of content would be a great addition.
- Organizing & segmenting email contact lists.
- A/B testing.
- Easy message editing and customizing.
- Have some way to tag links in a message, to better organize & segment contacts based on click data.
- Have responsive web forms.
- Better html and CSS custom coding support.
- Very easy for anyone to use.
- Great customer service
- The learning curve to create segments and send emails is very low.
- The need to create a staged order forms. So if someone signs up for your emails if they come to the site later it doesn't ask for email again it needs to ask for other information, so you can build better profiles over time.
- User management setup is comprehensive as we have 80+ users with different roles and permissions.
- The drag and drop visual editor is easy to use once the base templates are established.
- The workflow automation visual editor is one of the best I've used from an ease of use perspective.
- Edge cases for reporting can sometimes be difficult to handle. Finding a specific date a group of contacts was added to a list, for example.
- A couple of elusive bugs remain that they've been unable to resolve. A few times a year a couple users will randomly lose list access permissions.
- Support could respond faster, esp if it gets escalated to engineering.
- Zapier integrations would be nice.
Have lots of lists and unique rule scenarios - between field setup, segmentation, and workflow automation, it's solid.
- Segmentation- you have a lot of control over who gets what, when
- Reporting- you can easily see stats on campaigns
- The drag and drop feature when creating emails is clunky and can be frustrating. It gets the job done and having the customization without having to know HTML is nice, but it feels like they dropped the ball on this one. It feels almost like they made sure the concept worked, then never went back and finessed it to be user-friendly.
- The amount of users who can be editing an email- other platforms - I have used have real-time updates from multiple users. If 2 people are in it at the same time, only one set of changes is made.
- Bronto allows us to very easily manage the dozens of transactional emails that our company sends every day.
- Having all the email templates in one place makes it very easy to make a change that can affect all the different emails that need to reflect the change.
- We are able to schedule batches of emails to send to our customers so we do not have to manually do this. This also helps us avoid the spam folder.
- We ended up designing all of our emails on our own because of the limitations that Bronto had in regards to design.
- We had some problems with the initial import of our contact list. The customer service team was helpful in getting this solved, but we have since had issues with our contact list.
- Along these lines, while the customer service team was able to help us, they were not incredibly quick to get back to us and keep us updated on progress being made.
- Easy to use.
- Can create complicated workflows fairly easily.
- Support is good.
- Lots of pre-made segments and workflows to use and build off of.
- Documentation could be cleaner and do a better job of simplifying subjects.
- Some more functionality could be added in terms of adding fields for lists.
- It's easy to upload new lists/contacts
- Easy to modify templates
- Bronto could do a better job providing metrics across the organization. Right now you can dig into specific mailings and groups, but it's difficult to get a universal view.
- The message editor is easy to learn, easy to use, and allows you to build sophisticated messages with little to no development knowledge.
- The available feature set has allowed us to not only significantly grow our revenue from email marketing, but also allows for years of future growth and expansion of our email marketing programs. Key to this growth is a newer feature called Recommendations which serves up real time product suggestions based on browsing and purchase data of existing customers.
- When needed, the Bronto support team is knowledgeable, and quick to resolve issues, help us learn a new feature, or just point us in the right direction of solving our own problems.
- Reporting has been much improved in the last 12 months but still has room to improve. Often the view and format of reports varies depending on where you are looking at the data.
- Although the feature IS coming, we have been looking for transactional messaging for our CRM since we signed with Bronto. Given we use NetSuite, who owns Bronto, we expected this feature much sooner.
- More real-time and personalized content within Bronto would be welcomed.
- Organized platform to quickly access what you need to use at all times.
- Great customer and site support. Can provide help with any issues.
- The tabs and sections on the site are detailed and helpful for data separation.
- Could have a faster loading time, sometimes freezes for a while.
- Have more multiple access to a few things at once, constantly having to go back then forward again.
Is being used only in our department for promotions, newsletters, sensitive information, etc.
- Web forms are really useful when we are looking for new acquisition.
- Pop-ups are really good, the fact that we can connect them to our website is pretty cool.
- I really miss the old reporting system.
- The fact that we need to create segments in order to get opens, not opens, clicks.. etc., from sent deliveries is kinda annoying based on the fact that before it was a lot easier to get the info.
- Bronto is a valuable asset to us for its ability to track ticket sales (click-thrus that amount to purchases).
- It's a nice benefit to have the scheduling features that Bronto offers for sending email blasts to our segmented groups.
- The email reporting is very detailed and informative and gives us valuable data about adjusting email content and delivery schedules.
- The ability to extract user data fields to include within emails is a great feature, but sometimes it gets forgotten and is not promoted enough imo within the user portal.
- Would like to see Bronto offer some sort of RSVP type features/services for using Bronto to manage event registration (which we send email notifications for quite often).
- Ease to use interface
- Constantly adding new features to platform that make the solution stay current
- Reliable solution
- Template Marketplace to use already formatted templates in the Template editor. Yes, you can create your own, but sometimes it'd be quick to just pick a fresh template and make a few edits without having to start from scratch each time
- Static Blocks for the template editor - where you can save re-usable html content, not just images
- Hosting fees for images fees - it's ridiculous how much or that this is even a fee considering how cheap storage space is these days
- It's reliable, I've never had an issue. They keep the platform bug free and updated.
- It's pretty intuitive for the most part.
- Training. Help users be successful without charging them an arm and a leg. It's too damn expensive.
- There are TOO many dropdowns/menus. Consolidate it to be more simple.
- The design templates kinda suck and seem to be stuck as the same from 10 years ago.
- It allows us to easily connect with various customer segments.
- Bronto's workflow is as simple as drag and drop.
- Bronto's support is top notch. Whenever we have a question about the best way to do something or why something might not function as we expect, Bronto support is quick to help.
- Bronto could use design support as well - at least for the design around their unique functions (such as design questions surrounding Recommendations Premium)
- Automatic list backup or exporting. We have run into issue with our list having some issues and it would be nice if there was a way to automatically backup or export a master list from Bronto.
- Color coding of the various company sections. We have numerous brands attached to our Bronto account and it is easy to get them mixed up.
Bronto Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Oracle Bronto is a cloud-based marketing platform for commerce. With an advanced marketing automation engine and solutions for browser and shopping cart abandonment, recommendations, post-purchase campaigns and powerful ecommerce integrations, the Bronto Marketing Platform aims to help marketers drive more revenue by automating targeted, personalized email and cross-channel marketing campaigns at scale. Bronto offers a full suite of enterprise features and an extensive array of partner integrations to help commerce marketers accomplish more, while saving time and resources.
Over 1400 brands worldwide use Bronto, including a client roster of high-growth brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Lucky Brand, Theory, Trek, Ashley Homestore and Christopher & Banks.
Request pricing at email@example.com.
Bronto Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bronto Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||English-speaking countries|