Reviews (1-25 of 38)
- Email deliverability in terms of IP reputation maintenance.
- Workflow management - easy to utilize tools for drip campaigns on multiple triggers.
- Campaign targeting - segment tool allows incorporation of a wide variety of data sources.
- Clarity in list upload features - not always easy to figure out what goes where.
- Nav structure takes some getting used to.
- Popup manager needs work to be more polished.
- Connects remarkably well with the NetSuite System
- Offers great ways to set up drip email campaigns.
- Offers great analytics and segmentation.
- My main complaint with Bronto is that you pay for the number of emails sent, not the size of your email list. This limits how many emails you want to send.
- There is no way to see if a hosted image is actually being used in an email or if we are just wasting the available space.
- I wish there was more ways to segment.
- We use the Bronto Marketing Platform across our entire organization to send emails to our customers.
- It is used for 5 different brands, to send both transactional and promotional emails.
- It serves as the system-of-record for our email contacts and their preferences.
- We are also able to use built-in workflows to send automated messages based upon certain trigger activities conducted by our customers.
- Workflows are excellent. Easy to use, drag-and-drop creation of automated email sends based on activity.
- Management of email preferences to ensure compliance is seamless.
- Scheduling and set-up are very simple.
- A/B testing is easy to use.
- Reporting leaves a lot to be desired. Probably our biggest complaint.
We are using Bronto across the whole organization. The main users are the marketing department, but it is empowering all the segmented communication for Sparta and its brands.
Through Bronto, we have achieved huge growth in our emailing traffic and sales, but it is hard to focus resources in order to maximize the power of the tool and the main features.
We love the usability of the platform and the automation possibilities.
- The email builder is good and user-friendly and saves us time.
- The coupon manager is a lifesaver in its ability to generate unique barcodes.
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.
- The UI is clunky at times and difficult to use, particularly the automation workflow process.
- Creating segmentations can be difficult and I find myself second guessing whenever I produce a segmentation.
- Although the analytics are good, I believe they could be better. I almost wish there is another layer that we could drill down when looking at our customers.
- Overall ease of use - Other email platforms are much clunkier and require large teams to execute list segmentation. Bronto has been a more affordable and easier to use solution.
- Segmentation - Smart list segmentation is the cornerstone of a successful email marketing program. Bronto's segmentation functionality allows us to slice and dice lists with ease.
- Dynamic Content - Powerful marketing delivers the right message to the right people at the right time. With Dynamic Content we are able to provide personalized email content to our customers.
- Deliverability Coaching - We work one-one-one with a Bronto deliverability specialist who is able to advise on how we are showing up in inboxes--THE most important aspect of email marketing.
- Live Chat - Bronto has excellent customer service and a "live chat" functionality that is useful when questions arise.
- Overall Strategy - Bronto is not proactive on delivering any improvements to our overall email marketing strategy and program. While I'm not sure this is part of our current package, I know that we do have the ability to engage with a strategist. However we rarely hear any personalized suggestions or recommendations on how to improve our current program.
- Third Party Integration - We are currently working on this with Bronto and hopefully will be an improvement coming later this year.
- The message editor is easy to learn, easy to use, and allows you to build sophisticated messages with little to no development knowledge.
- The available feature set has allowed us to not only significantly grow our revenue from email marketing, but also allows for years of future growth and expansion of our email marketing programs. Key to this growth is a newer feature called Recommendations which serves up real time product suggestions based on browsing and purchase data of existing customers.
- When needed, the Bronto support team is knowledgeable, and quick to resolve issues, help us learn a new feature, or just point us in the right direction of solving our own problems.
- Reporting has been much improved in the last 12 months but still has room to improve. Often the view and format of reports varies depending on where you are looking at the data.
- Although the feature IS coming, we have been looking for transactional messaging for our CRM since we signed with Bronto. Given we use NetSuite, who owns Bronto, we expected this feature much sooner.
- More real-time and personalized content within Bronto would be welcomed.
- Organized platform to quickly access what you need to use at all times.
- Great customer and site support. Can provide help with any issues.
- The tabs and sections on the site are detailed and helpful for data separation.
- Could have a faster loading time, sometimes freezes for a while.
- Have more multiple access to a few things at once, constantly having to go back then forward again.
Is being used only in our department for promotions, newsletters, sensitive information, etc.
- Web forms are really useful when we are looking for new acquisition.
- Pop-ups are really good, the fact that we can connect them to our website is pretty cool.
- I really miss the old reporting system.
- The fact that we need to create segments in order to get opens, not opens, clicks.. etc., from sent deliveries is kinda annoying based on the fact that before it was a lot easier to get the info.
- Bronto is a valuable asset to us for its ability to track ticket sales (click-thrus that amount to purchases).
- It's a nice benefit to have the scheduling features that Bronto offers for sending email blasts to our segmented groups.
- The email reporting is very detailed and informative and gives us valuable data about adjusting email content and delivery schedules.
- The ability to extract user data fields to include within emails is a great feature, but sometimes it gets forgotten and is not promoted enough imo within the user portal.
- Would like to see Bronto offer some sort of RSVP type features/services for using Bronto to manage event registration (which we send email notifications for quite often).
- Ease to use interface
- Constantly adding new features to platform that make the solution stay current
- Reliable solution
- Template Marketplace to use already formatted templates in the Template editor. Yes, you can create your own, but sometimes it'd be quick to just pick a fresh template and make a few edits without having to start from scratch each time
- Static Blocks for the template editor - where you can save re-usable html content, not just images
- Hosting fees for images fees - it's ridiculous how much or that this is even a fee considering how cheap storage space is these days
- It's reliable, I've never had an issue. They keep the platform bug free and updated.
- It's pretty intuitive for the most part.
- Training. Help users be successful without charging them an arm and a leg. It's too damn expensive.
- There are TOO many dropdowns/menus. Consolidate it to be more simple.
- The design templates kinda suck and seem to be stuck as the same from 10 years ago.
- It allows us to easily connect with various customer segments.
- Bronto's workflow is as simple as drag and drop.
- Bronto's support is top notch. Whenever we have a question about the best way to do something or why something might not function as we expect, Bronto support is quick to help.
- Bronto could use design support as well - at least for the design around their unique functions (such as design questions surrounding Recommendations Premium)
- Automatic list backup or exporting. We have run into issue with our list having some issues and it would be nice if there was a way to automatically backup or export a master list from Bronto.
- Color coding of the various company sections. We have numerous brands attached to our Bronto account and it is easy to get them mixed up.
- Friendly user interface: I appreciate that the user interface is generally intuitive and easy to use (also easy to teach others how to use).
- Ability to pull analytic reports that meet our needs: I am able to pull analytic reports with relative ease and the data suits our departmental needs.
- Copy and paste ability from a Microsoft Word Doc (sometimes the text formatting, such as the font/size/spacing, will be slightly off).
- Removing/swapping fields within an email template (I personally have difficulty with this - not sure if this is reflective of a larger user issue).
- Image editing capabilities (sizing specifically) within the WYSIWYG.
When we needed to set up a basic workflow they were able to help out.
- Drag and Drop functionality
- Smart automation and list segmentation
- Visual drag and drop email builder
- Automatic video integration (provide URL and it should create email element)
- On-the-fly segmenting in workflows
- Easier integration with Facebook custom audiences via API
- Great form of communication for our volunteers
- Easy to use
- Limited design capabilites
- Not intuitive, missing modern functionality other email platforms offer
- Too many steps to import lists, contacts, etc
- Easy-to use, intuitive workflows for automated drip/abandonment campaigns. It is the best workflow interface I've seen anywhere and it's the best part of the Bronto software in my opinion.
- It is flexible and they have a robust API, so if the software doesn't do something you want/need it to do, you can usually find a way.
- Their new message editor (introduced in late 2015) is fantastic and allows for quick creation of beautiful emails. When they brought it out of beta, though it was terribly buggy and frustrating to use, but it's now stable and great. This was much needed in Bronto and they delivered.
- The custom segment tool is fantastic. Best-in-class in my opinion. You can create pools of subscribers on any criteria you can dream up. It's really key to sending targeted, relevant email messages.
- Their "Socialite" app (social media connector) is really great if you use it to it's fullest.
- The way they approach pricing is very, very problematic. They charge fees for features that either should be baked into the software or once were baked into the software. Their pricing is always changing and they are not transparent with pricing. One customer may pay $1,000 for a feature, while another might pay $2,000 - with no rhyme or reason. On more than one occasion we've got wildly different pricing quotes from reps a few months apart. We can't help but feel like they are deceptive on pricing.
- And their pricing and billing practices are downright dishonest at times. The word "bait and switch" has been used at our company to describe Bronto several times as well. Also, every year, they try and raise rates and make you fight with them over the contract. It's so bad that we will likely end up leaving the platform over this. They could fix this by offering transparent, published prices on their site and not being deceptive about it. We've offered these suggestions several times to upper management but they've fallen on deaf ears.
- They call themselves a "marketing platform for commerce", but they have been very slow to introduce features geared toward commerce. They've improved this over the last year, but want to charge extra for all of the "commerce marketing" features they are adding. It's an issue. Simple tools like Cart Recovery aren't baked into the platform and are treated as "apps" that you have to pay extra to use. The concept of "add-ons" in software can be helpful sometimes, but Bronto has missed the mark here and taken it to the extreme. They've taken core commerce functionality out of the core "commerce marketing" software to force you to pay more.
- While Bronto has some of their own apps, they really lack useful third party Apps. It is a major problem when you compare them to MailChimp and others. I have had more than a few third party companies WANT to integrate with Bronto and tell me that the experience they had was terrible, that the biz dev team at bronto either wouldn't call them back, ignored them for several weeks or just wouldn't give them a test account. This is a major, major problem and needs to be remedied.
- They were acquired by Netsuite last year (2015) and ever since that announcement, it takes longer to get answers and resolutions to issues or questions and support has been lacking. There is more red tape and bureaucracy than ever and the lack of internal communication and external updates post-acquisition has gotten really bad. As time passes, this continues to be a major problem. Bronto was once a nimble business with integrity. Now, they've introduced so much bureaucracy and red-tape that it's almost impossible to get anything done - never is this more evident than in the (lack of) timely customer service.
- They have overcharged us on more than one occasion and getting credits back takes hours of work. Their billing department is terrible.
Bronto Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Bronto?
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Request pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bronto Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bronto Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||English-speaking countries|