Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- Track web development bugs and issues
- Capture screenshots, browser details, device details, screen size details and user comments.
- Manage the list of bugs, assign them to a developer and give them due date and priority.
- It would be nice if it offered more integrations.
- Workflow could be a little more sophisticated.
- The screen capture tool is terrific and allows web-based issues to get added and uploaded without any saving, copying, or resizing.
- The widget that opens via a Chrome extension is intuitive and it's easy to toggle the feature on and off. If it's on, you can see all the other reported bugs on that page to help your team avoid multiple reports of the same issue.
- The way the tool creates a new ticket for each bug and then allows you to adjust the status on it is helpful.
- I enjoy the conversations and tagging features within each bug ticket.
- The screen capture tool doesn't allow you to custom screenshot certain areas and upload them to your bug ticket. I'd like to be able to encompass a custom area rather than just the text or image or formatting blocks within a page.
- Occasionally the widget will disappear and you'll have to reload the page in order to see the expandable arrow in the corner.
- The comment history pings your email for every comment ticket, and it's not intuitive to deactivate this feature for users who aren't following up with a specific bug.
The tool has great functionality for tracking and allows you to move bugs into stages like "doing", "done" or "backlog".
The screenshot tool has been super easy to use, and when we do have a bug that requires multiple screenshots, it's easy to open up a newly submitted ticket to attach a custom screenshot. It isn't easy to track down a specific bug you've logged if there are hundreds, so be prepared to dig quite a bit if you're using it for extensive testing and find yourself trying to go back.
- Ability to track bugs from the initial find to the final fix.
- Easy to use with a quick learning curve.
- Ability to add attachments and get multiple members involved with simple tracking.
- The ability to add a couple more columns temporarily would be nice.
- It's easy to install and use.
- It's easy for clients as well as our internal teams to use and input feedback.
- It's easy to use and helps gather information a client/user may not normally supply.
- You could add more users for your levels to allow more clients to add feedback.
- You could allow color changes for websites that are light/dark to display more easily.
- You could work to allow easier use on mobile devices.
BugHerd Scorecard Summary
BugHerd is presented as a simple visual feedback & bug tracker tool for websites.
Users point and click, like using sticky-notes to pin client feedback on a site. BugHerd works in 3 steps:
1. Pin feedback to a webpage using a browser extension.
2. Contextual metadata is automatically added to all pinned feedback.
3. Tasks cards are instantly created from feedback, helping users manage their workflow.
The vendor is able to help users get started in minutes with a free 14 day trial .
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
BugHerd Technical Details