BuilderTrend Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Being fairly new to using BuilderTrend my initial out of the gate experience is very good. I really like how you can custom tailor the job portals and share templates with others inside the company. One of the really nice features we started to use is the uploading of photos for daily field reports, which allows the clients and offsite staff to see progress not just with words, but pictures.
  • Ease of use, very user-friendly.
  • Mobile app allows clients/staff to access data and sign off on POs.
  • Training sessions with dedicated account reps are great.
  • Honestly, none that I can see at this time, being fairly new with the product all of my needs have been addressed.
BuilderTrend offers classes at their headquarters which allows you to get training for almost everything that they offer. The application is very user-friendly and easy to use and set up a new job. We are setting up templates which allow us to create a job in a matter of minutes and when we have issues our account rep is very responsive.
March 09, 2019

Join the BuilderTREND

BuilderTrend is used within the construction industry for project scheduling, project management, financial management, customer management, and service management. It allows home builders, remodelers, specialty contractors and general contractors to utilize a customer relationship management system, bids, and proposals. This is accomplished through project management tools including scheduling, budgeting, time sheets, etc. while also providing access to customer management tools such as warranty requests and payment processing. The program also has various other capabilities like estimating, takeoff and more.
  • The ability to see information from a variety of devices, i.e. in the field.
  • Large storage space for documents, photos, etc. with everything in one place.
  • Easy to use and excellent customer service team.
  • Each feature is extremely detailed with ease of scheduling, selection, etc.
  • Relatively pricey.
  • Some features, such as financials and the Gantt chart, are more challenging to grasp.
  • The entire team needs to utilize the software in order for it to be functional.
BuilderTrend is great for home builders, remodelers, specialty contractors and general contractors seeking a holistic program including project scheduling, project management, financial management, and service management capabilities in a single suite. The software has so many capabilities that the user may not take advantage of each feature. A company may not choose to use the software for small projects because they do not wish to warrant the expense it would cost to obtain.
John Struckmann profile photo
We use BuilderTrend to track and manage all aspects of our residential remodeling projects. Including customer information, schedules, selections, change orders, invoices, and payments.
  • The subcontractor PO management area makes managing the scope of work and payments for each subcontractor extremely easy and is well organized.
  • The material selections section also greatly simplifies and organizes a somewhat challenging aspect of remodeling.
  • The ability for customers to view the total project cost and make payments online is a major time saver and improves our cashflow.
  • I think that the CRM component could use some development.
  • I think that tracking "tasks" or "to do's" could use some development.
I believe for anyone with residential remodeling or new home construction projects, BuilderTrend is the best software application I've found that keeps customers and subcontractors informed and keeps almost all of your project information organized in one location.
Read John Struckmann's full review
Andrew Lascano profile photo
As the owner of Three Amigos Roofing, Inc. I use BuilderTrend to streamline processes and maximize revenue. The first part of my process is creating an estimate and submitting it to my customers. I save time by automating the following processes: creating estimates, using digital signatures, and collecting down payments electronically once the homeowner has approved the contract. When building an estimate, the first step is using proper cost codes and line item descriptions. This sets me up for a successful transition when the job is won. Next, I will mark the lead opportunity as sold. All of my files, pictures, communication, and estimate will then push over to the job site dashboard. This allows me to keep my leads organized and my ongoing and previous jobs separate. Once the lead becomes a job, I then import a job site template. This job site is customized for the project. In this example, the project is a roof replacement. Once the job site template is selected, my entire job is built out with the proper documents and photos in the right place and the proper subcontractors and vendors assigned to their role in the build. I use the approved estimate to create my material work order that will be sent over to my supplier. I then go back to the approved estimate and create my roofers work order that will be sent over to my subcontractor to sign off on prior to the job starting. All of these documents and tasks are linked to my calendar so everyone knows their role, date, and time each phase will start and end. In the event there is a shift in the schedule, I will update the calendar and all other phases will be updated simultaneously. We’ve tried many different CRM and Project Management tools. We still do every day. We found it was always the processes and workflows that we put together outside of that tool and then implemented in that tool that helped us grow. Processes and workflows are the things that help you move a project from point A to point B. The tool is there to support and execute that process. We fit our business into the tool (BuilderTrend). We found BuilderTrend to be the best software to manage our roofing business. In fact, in our first year in business, we generated $250k in revenue by using a simple process that we repeated over and over the same way every day.
  • BuilderTrend is a true all-in-one solution. Other programs such as JobNimbus are extremely basic and claim they provide the same features BuilderTrend provides. In a way they do, but it's not seamless. It creates more work when the goal is to simplify redundant processes so everyone will want to participate.
  • The price point is affordable for everyone.
  • Their team works daily to make improvements based on their clients' requests.
  • Onsite consultants. There is a demand for this service that is great enough to allow outside BuilderTrend Super-Users like me to partner with BuilderTrend and make this a reality.
  • As their company grows, their support needs to grow as well.
  • Provide incentives for Super Users that are helping BuilderTrend acquire new business. Advocates should be their best friend.
BuilderTrend is only as good as the user implementing it. If your organization does not have processes in place now that work, BuilderTrend is not going to change anything. You must first have processes in place that are currently working across your organization. Then you implement BuilderTrend. I've worked with so many contractors that have issues with management and leadership. Establish if BuilderTrend is the right construction management software for the goals that you're looking to achieve. Do not try and implement BuilderTrend if these things are not established. There are no shortcuts to anything in life. You have to dedicate time to training. You must have a plan for onboarding with deadlines. Everyone must understand the transition is going to take time and everyone must be bought in.
Read Andrew Lascano's full review

BuilderTrend Scorecard Summary

Plan distribution & viewing (3)
9.6
Plan markups & sharing (4)
Issue tracking & punchlists (4)
Photo documentation (4)
9.7
Jobsite reports (4)
Document sharing (4)
RFI tools (3)
Collaboration & approvals (4)
As-built drawings (4)
Mobile app (4)
Submittal design and management (3)
Takeoff tools (2)
9.5
Job costing (3)
Cost databases (3)
Cost calculator (3)
Bid creation (3)

About BuilderTrend

BuilderTrend is a construction management system. It includes features for pre-sale, project management, financial management, and customer management. Pre-sale tools include automated email marketing, CRM functionality, bid requests, estimates, and proposals archiving and management. BuilderTrend’s project management includes daily logs (with audio-to-text) and to-do’s, scheduling, document and photo management, and plan markup, with integrated mobile accessibility. The financial tools include budgeting, invoicing, payment processing, time tracking, and change orders. BuilderTrend also integrates with 3rd-party accounting software. The customer management functionality features survey tools, customer login to projects, and a communications platform to keep customers updated.