Buildertrend

Buildertrend Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Joey Harman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Coval Homes, a Washington home builder, is using Buildertrend as our primary means of communication, job tracking, financing, product orders, and much more. We've been extremely happy to use this system for about 5 years or more now.
All team members use this system in some aspect with our marketing as the only exception. Our sales and marketing teams use another CRM with more sales and marketing tools, which is why Buildertrend was given an 8/10 score in my estimation.
  • (Customer Service Tools) Buildertrend has an excellent Homeowner portal allowing them to view their details easily, communicate well with us, and keep confidential items separated for security.
  • (Cost Tracking) Through Change Orders, Product Orders, Contracts, and more, the Financing section keeps everything on track for us and the Homeowner.
  • (Daily Logs) My personal favorite. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 ongoing jobs. It helps me learn and stay on the same page with the whole team by checking the daily logs every day and seeing where each project is at.
  • (Customer Info & Filters) Through a wide range of specifications and options, Buildertrend allows us to quickly search and find the right projects fast.
  • (Sales) In our opinion, respectfully, Buildertrend just does not have anything close to the CRM Tools that others like Salesforce or Hubspot have.
  • (Marketing) Same as the answer above. If you want to market your business and get fast data on how your ads, website, or other tools are doing, Buildertrend just doesn't have it.
  • (Notifications) After about two years of using Buildertrend, I still have issues with NOT receiving notifications that I get from Clients. Because we have a big team of people, it is best practice to take certain people off the general notification list for specific jobs. It would be great if there was a way to do that but still receive a notification if you got a direct message from someone.
Buildertrend was made for a specific industry (building) and so I would recommend it to anyone in that industry, with the exception of Sales and Marketing. But for everything else from the financing to the permitting to the construction and all else, Buildertrend is exactly what our team has used and will ALWAYS use. Even with our decision to use other systems for Sales and Marketing, we have never given one thought to taking Buildertrend out of our process. We will always be with Buildertrend.
Grace Shannon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Functional project management software offers plenty of effective features with amazing capabilities for easy management of multiple projects. Buildertrend on resource planning and easy on project budgeting offers the greatest and quality services for successful projects. Scheduling using this software has been excellent and enhancement of our production service quality.
  • Workflow management is easy.
  • Resource planning capability is amazing.
  • Easy scheduling capability.
  • Report building functions.
  • The estimation functionalities.
  • Ability to analyze different project data.
  • Communication with the team can be improved.
  • Enhancing our production quality.
Buildertrend features are easy to understand from the scratch, easy for multiple running project management and the collaboration provided for the team and also the workflow management functions are very useful and reliable to the project. Managers have a centralized point to monitor multiple tasks and activities running of various projects.
I work for the General Contractor as the Operations Manager. He has used Buildertrend in the past and liked it. Buildertrend is a complete management system and it's really quite essential to running a successful company. The larger the company I think the more sense this product makes - not that it isn't important for all sizes. But the cost is a little high when initially assessing the product - however, it is the top of the line in the industry and it does offer a superior service. Overall, I don't think you go wrong with Buildertrend and it's a must-have for construction companies.
  • Manages in one place - crucial for organization.
  • Professional, across the board it provides companies with a seamlessly organized and flawless presentation - to subs/vendors/owners/etc.
  • Time Saver - you don't have to dig around through files/create templates/flip through your contact binder - it's all there.
  • Practical tools- designed for contractors. You get what you need - period.
  • A 30 - day money back guarantee isn't the same as a "free trial".
  • Quickbooks and Buildertrend Joining teams would be next level.
Perfect for General Contractor's and subcontractor's that want to be a leader in their industry. Sure, you can limp along without a management system but you won't be able to take your business to the next level in most cases. If you are small enough and only doing one maybe two jobs at a time and you are good at keeping every single detail in your head and don't have any issues with schedule or timeframes then you may not need this. However, I have not been in a situation where software like Buildertrend didn't/couldn't add significant value and a need in my company.
I highly recommend. The only suggestion I have would be to offer a free trial. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. The price point isn't daunting if you have had a 100 % no strings attached/no effort to cancel or try to remember to get your money back - no strings attached chance to try out the product. Especially for such a big purchase decision, I think Buildertrend would see an incredible increase in sales. They have the value and companies just need a chance to see it first hand.
John Struckmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BuilderTrend to track and manage all aspects of our residential remodeling projects. Including customer information, schedules, selections, change orders, invoices, and payments.
  • The subcontractor PO management area makes managing the scope of work and payments for each subcontractor extremely easy and is well organized.
  • The material selections section also greatly simplifies and organizes a somewhat challenging aspect of remodeling.
  • The ability for customers to view the total project cost and make payments online is a major time saver and improves our cashflow.
  • I think that the CRM component could use some development.
  • I think that tracking "tasks" or "to do's" could use some development.
I believe for anyone with residential remodeling or new home construction projects, BuilderTrend is the best software application I've found that keeps customers and subcontractors informed and keeps almost all of your project information organized in one location.
Andrew Lascano | TrustRadius Reviewer
As the owner of Three Amigos Roofing, Inc. I use BuilderTrend to streamline processes and maximize revenue. The first part of my process is creating an estimate and submitting it to my customers. I save time by automating the following processes: creating estimates, using digital signatures, and collecting down payments electronically once the homeowner has approved the contract. When building an estimate, the first step is using proper cost codes and line item descriptions. This sets me up for a successful transition when the job is won. Next, I will mark the lead opportunity as sold. All of my files, pictures, communication, and estimate will then push over to the job site dashboard. This allows me to keep my leads organized and my ongoing and previous jobs separate. Once the lead becomes a job, I then import a job site template. This job site is customized for the project. In this example, the project is a roof replacement. Once the job site template is selected, my entire job is built out with the proper documents and photos in the right place and the proper subcontractors and vendors assigned to their role in the build. I use the approved estimate to create my material work order that will be sent over to my supplier. I then go back to the approved estimate and create my roofers work order that will be sent over to my subcontractor to sign off on prior to the job starting. All of these documents and tasks are linked to my calendar so everyone knows their role, date, and time each phase will start and end. In the event there is a shift in the schedule, I will update the calendar and all other phases will be updated simultaneously. We’ve tried many different CRM and Project Management tools. We still do every day. We found it was always the processes and workflows that we put together outside of that tool and then implemented in that tool that helped us grow. Processes and workflows are the things that help you move a project from point A to point B. The tool is there to support and execute that process. We fit our business into the tool (BuilderTrend). We found BuilderTrend to be the best software to manage our roofing business. In fact, in our first year in business, we generated $250k in revenue by using a simple process that we repeated over and over the same way every day.
  • BuilderTrend is a true all-in-one solution. Other programs such as JobNimbus are extremely basic and claim they provide the same features BuilderTrend provides. In a way they do, but it's not seamless. It creates more work when the goal is to simplify redundant processes so everyone will want to participate.
  • The price point is affordable for everyone.
  • Their team works daily to make improvements based on their clients' requests.
  • Onsite consultants. There is a demand for this service that is great enough to allow outside BuilderTrend Super-Users like me to partner with BuilderTrend and make this a reality.
  • As their company grows, their support needs to grow as well.
  • Provide incentives for Super Users that are helping BuilderTrend acquire new business. Advocates should be their best friend.
BuilderTrend is only as good as the user implementing it. If your organization does not have processes in place now that work, BuilderTrend is not going to change anything. You must first have processes in place that are currently working across your organization. Then you implement BuilderTrend. I've worked with so many contractors that have issues with management and leadership. Establish if BuilderTrend is the right construction management software for the goals that you're looking to achieve. Do not try and implement BuilderTrend if these things are not established. There are no shortcuts to anything in life. You have to dedicate time to training. You must have a plan for onboarding with deadlines. Everyone must understand the transition is going to take time and everyone must be bought in.
Being fairly new to using BuilderTrend my initial out of the gate experience is very good. I really like how you can custom tailor the job portals and share templates with others inside the company. One of the really nice features we started to use is the uploading of photos for daily field reports, which allows the clients and offsite staff to see progress not just with words, but pictures.
  • Ease of use, very user-friendly.
  • Mobile app allows clients/staff to access data and sign off on POs.
  • Training sessions with dedicated account reps are great.
  • Honestly, none that I can see at this time, being fairly new with the product all of my needs have been addressed.
BuilderTrend offers classes at their headquarters which allows you to get training for almost everything that they offer. The application is very user-friendly and easy to use and set up a new job. We are setting up templates which allow us to create a job in a matter of minutes and when we have issues our account rep is very responsive.
March 09, 2019

Join the BuilderTREND

BuilderTrend is used within the construction industry for project scheduling, project management, financial management, customer management, and service management. It allows home builders, remodelers, specialty contractors and general contractors to utilize a customer relationship management system, bids, and proposals. This is accomplished through project management tools including scheduling, budgeting, time sheets, etc. while also providing access to customer management tools such as warranty requests and payment processing. The program also has various other capabilities like estimating, takeoff and more.
  • The ability to see information from a variety of devices, i.e. in the field.
  • Large storage space for documents, photos, etc. with everything in one place.
  • Easy to use and excellent customer service team.
  • Each feature is extremely detailed with ease of scheduling, selection, etc.
  • Relatively pricey.
  • Some features, such as financials and the Gantt chart, are more challenging to grasp.
  • The entire team needs to utilize the software in order for it to be functional.
BuilderTrend is great for home builders, remodelers, specialty contractors and general contractors seeking a holistic program including project scheduling, project management, financial management, and service management capabilities in a single suite. The software has so many capabilities that the user may not take advantage of each feature. A company may not choose to use the software for small projects because they do not wish to warrant the expense it would cost to obtain.

Buildertrend Scorecard Summary

Construction Project & Field Management (11)
Plan distribution & viewing (6)
9.5
Plan markups & sharing (7)
Issue tracking & punchlists (7)
Photo documentation (7)
Jobsite reports (7)
Document sharing (7)
RFI tools (6)
Collaboration & approvals (7)
As-built drawings (4)
Mobile app (7)
Submittal design and management (6)
Estimating (5)
Takeoff tools (5)
Job costing (6)
Cost databases (6)
Cost calculator (6)
Bid creation (6)

What is Buildertrend?

Buildertrend is a cloud-based construction project management software used by homebuilders, remodelers and specialty contractors. Since 2006, the vendor states they have empowered the construction industry with a better way to build. They boast more than 1 million users across more than 100 countries have chosen Buildertrend as their preferred platform for real-time collaboration throughout each and every stage of the building process. Their software aims to help construction professionals complete more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors and increasing customer satisfaction.

Buildertrend Features

• Supported: Bid creation

Buildertrend Screenshots

Homeowner PortalSummary PageSchedule // Gantt ChartPhotos

Buildertrend Video

Better communication. Better efficiency. Better results for clients. These are just a few of the reasons customers are raving about us. Check out why industry trailblazers rely on Buildertrend as a better way to run their business.

Buildertrend Competitors