- It is visually pleasing.
- I am able to see the rent roll and tenants easily.
- Warnings for leases about to expire are convenient.
- The custom date range is very helpful.
- Reconciliation adjustment, please enact a password setting. Having to un-reconcile 4 months to get to the desired date is ridiculous.
- Fix the notes & loans to have communication between separate companies.
- Allow for duplicate vendors to merge.
- Give a re-send option for tenant portal use/creation.
- Allow to search by Invoice # (reference #)
- Fix the credit system, allow the transfer of deposits from one unit to be moved to another.
- When ending a lease, show the ledger adjustments as you add charges/refund deposits etc.
- Option to see duplicate transactions!!
- It documents the date and time of all updates and communications, which are essential to the companys records.
- It allows external clients to communicate and stay in touch with our company, as well as access information.
- It serves as a large database for all of our customer and client information that is very user-friendly.
- The emailing feature is difficult to use.
- We are not able to update buildium directly of our communications, so we must manually input our email communications.
- We are not able to upload files larger than 12 MB.
- Provides a forum of communication between team members.
- Tracks progress on all tasks with reminders for follow ups.
- Quick access to important documents are always available to all members rather than going through the filing room.
- If I have one task open under a property address, I am unaware of recent updates made to other tasks under the same address. A quick sidebar with recent updates for that property would really improve communications.
- If one task is open and assigned to me, I would also like a sidebar that shows the titles of other tasks I have under the same property under my name. This way I can send 1 email about all inquiries, rather than 3 emails to the same person about 3 separate subjects.
- Emailing "compose" button would be great if we could link it directly to our Gmail company server. I would like to eliminate the "copy and paste" functions for emails and titles.
Buildium Scorecard Summary
Buildium is a cloud-based property management solution that enables managers of residential and association properties to take complete control of every aspect of their business, including the rent, vacancy and maintenance cycles.
According to the vendor, Buildium streamlines management of the rent cycle with key features such as tenant and lease tracking, full general ledger accounting, automated rent and late fee reminders and on-demand reports. Additionally, rent collection can be automated; and property managers can receive online payments via Buildium’s tenant portal.
Management of the vacancy cycle begins with syndicating vacancies to Buildium’s listing partners, including Zillow, Trulia and Craigslist, as well as Buildium’s own free marketing website. When applicants fill out Buildium’s customizable online rental applications, the information is saved instantly to the Buildium tenant database. Buildium also offers online tenant screening services for running background checks.
Tenants and rental owners can submit requests online via Buildium’s tenant and owner portals. Property managers can turn these requests into work items and assign them to maintenance managers and staff using Buildium or Buildium’s mobile app. All requests are timestamped and include an option to attach photos.
Buildium’s tiered-pricing plans do not require a start-up fee or annual contract. A monthly subscription includes 24/7 support from a customer care team.
Buildium Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Buildium Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|