Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Buildium, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Buildium is a cloud-based property management solution that enables managers of residential and association properties to take complete control of every aspect of their business, including the rent, vacancy and maintenance cycles.
According to the vendor, Buildium streamlines management of the rent cycle with key features such as tenant and lease tracking, full general ledger accounting, automated rent and late fee reminders and on-demand reports. Additionally, rent collection can be automated; and property managers can receive online payments via Buildium’s tenant portal.
Management of the vacancy cycle begins with syndicating vacancies to Buildium’s listing partners, including Zillow, Trulia and Craigslist, as well as Buildium’s own free marketing website. When applicants fill out Buildium’s customizable online rental applications, the information is saved instantly to the Buildium tenant database. Buildium also offers online tenant screening services for running background checks.
Tenants and rental owners can submit requests online via Buildium’s tenant and owner portals. Property managers can turn these requests into work items and assign them to maintenance managers and staff using Buildium or Buildium’s mobile app. All requests are timestamped and include an option to attach photos.
Buildium’s tiered-pricing plans do not require a start-up fee or annual contract. A monthly subscription includes 24/7 support from a customer care team.
- Supported: Property Accounting
- Supported: Company Financials
- Supported: Online Payments
- Supported: 1099 eFiling
- Supported: Resident Portal
- Supported: Cloud document storage
- Supported: Owner Portal
- Supported: Maintenance request tracking
- Supported: Property inspections
- Supported: Renters insurance
- Supported: Professional website and rental listing syndication
- Supported: Rental applications and tenant screening
- Supported: eLeasing
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
- Allows clear tenant communication and tracking of communication.
- Transparent accounting gives owners a clear view of what is going on with their property.
- Tenant screening removes some of the risk with fair housing.
- Buildium absolutely saves time. Having all of our management systems in one place is almost beyond a value at this point because it’s the basic requirement of running an effective property management company.
- Ease of use for our owners through their portals has increased 100%.
- Eliminates processing paperwork, resulting in less paper and staff time and effort.
- Eliminates payments via check, and the need to go to the bank along with processing fees.
- Payments are more prompt due to options and communications.
- I have spent 50 hours trying to get a clear P & L and it is ridiculous.
- It is not well made.
- I can only send 10-99s through one company, so I had to HAND WRITE 50 1099 FORMS.
- Buildium creates ledgers that include any missed payments so we are able to keep track of these instances, and collect payment.
- Buildium allows me to get more timely responses in my department, through task management and reminders.
- It makes client interaction easier by the quick references provided by the system.
- The service turnover is faster as well with Buildium through the in-system task management for each specific employee.
- Unfortunately, I do not have access to our ROI numbers. However, in terms of management, the program has made us all more efficient in our work.
- We have seen an increase in customer satisfaction with our response time.