Reviews (1-25 of 55)
- Track and manage client & candidate interactions.
- Search clients & candidates based on a specific requirement or location.
- Market to via SMS, email and phone.
- Manage the sales pipeline effectively.
- The ability to hashtag consultants, client contacts & candidates.
- The ability to customise individual views at the consultant level, and from an administrator perspective customise yourself without the help of the tech team.
- The appearance is user friendly, and there is online training to onboard new staff to the software.
- It's old & clunky with attempts to modernise its appearance & features.
- The search uses boolean so consultants require training to know how to search, build lists & find candidates & contacts. E.g., you write 'Bob' into search, & it won't appear but you'll add an asterisk & it will appear. If you had 'Bob Jane' in the first name, it also won't appear.
- The filters don't work correctly. E.g., we have 'DPA' & 'Non DPA' - BH did not have the ability to differentiate between the two using the filter, because they both said 'DPA'. We had to either change the terminology (which is industry standard in the medical field) or use the advanced search rather than the filters.
- The updating of the custom fields is clunky & not intuitive. Adding in multiple job types was limited to 3 (i.e. salary, contract & temp - we have additional types) and each one required individual customizing (fair) which then played havoc if it didn't match up to the master file which overrode the other 3. E.g., ALL custom fields were required on the master, and then you'll match up each in the individual job type as required. You'd then just include what was required in the individual job type.
- The migration from our old CRM was poor. One example - We ended up with thousands of files that were 'New South Wales' which got turned into 'New South Western Australiales.' We were refused assistance in fixing this.
- It's slow to load.
- Clear your cache daily - or things will break.
- No ability to add locations to a profile - you need to add each individual child company for it to appear in a search even when there is only one contact for the lot. For example, one of our clients has 176 medical practices and for these to appear in any searches, they had to be individually added as full profiles rather than added in as a location despite there being one recruitment contact.
I was debited on the incorrect date & then when I requested they refund until the due date, I was re-debited again on the correct date. The communication was poor - their billing team are based in the US and there was no acknowledgement of the mistake. My initial consultant chased them down for me, and advised me of their error. Lucky.
The product was oversold. For example; I was advised their 'merge docs' feature would allow me to pull data directly from the 'Overview,' 'Work Histories' which later proved to be false.
Finally, when I requested to end my contract & transfer my data (I advised a specific date I needed it, when my CRM would be ready) they advised it would take 15 business days & I was to put no further data in my system during that 15 days, and then gave me my data after 3. I now have no CRM for 4 weeks.
- It does a good job of housing candidates details and linking them to open job opportunities the company has.
- It does a good job of integrating with lead generation tools like DiscoverOrg so you can parse data into the system, avoiding data entry.
- I like the UI layout, it is easy to follow and find information you need.
- It does a good job running reports.
- I would love to see the notes section have an option to configure it to scrolling notes, this way you dont need to open a new tab whenever you would like to see a new note.
- I would like to have an option to back date notes in Bullhorn if you forgot to enter them. There may be a way to do this but I have not figured that out yet.
- I would like to see an option to export resumes in Word format
- Good integration options with a number of 3rd party programs. We use Vonage and it is honestly really great to integrate into Bullhorn.
- It works most of the time and the phone app for it is particularly good.
- Bullhorn Customer Support is the absolute worst I've ever worked with.
- Absolutely no advanced training to help set up your dashboards or any advanced functionality. You either need to have a programmer on staff to work on it or pay Bullhorn to help you set up any of the more advanced capabilities that it has. You had better like it out of the box otherwise it's going to cost you.
We also didn't know that if we wanted to send emails to our customers and candidates through the system, we would have to send one at a time. This absolutely DESTROYED our email credibility with email service providers and ISP's because if we wanted to send a job to 100 of our candidates to see if anyone might be interested in the job, it BCC's everyone instead of sending each individual an email.
- Filtering candidates
- Locating candidates files
- Keeping track of where everyone is in the process
- Notes - leaving notes helps our entire company see where we are with each candidate
- Shortlist status - it is tedius to have different notes and different shortlist status. Shortlist status do not really help me in recruiting
- Textkernel in Bullhorn is sometimes difficult for me - too many clicks and buttons
- I would like to see more details required in candidates files - like a resume. So many candidate come through with their name and phone number and nothing else. Takes a lot more time for us to find out what their background is than if it was just a required field when applying
It helps us with Process Mapping and Change Management also as we can see trends in activity and adjust accordingly
- Candidate Tracking and Management - Easily pull up all required info and exchanges between our company and candidates
- Client Database building - track orders and forecast clients needs
- Customization - make the UI work for you not the other way around
- The UI could still come a bit further. I think there is room for improvement there
- Efficiency in capturing data - functionality for fast capture
- Analysis - we use Cube19 as a partner so that allows us to make data-driven decisions and insights
- Reliability - never had downtime. Having it be cloud-based has given great flexibility, as does the app
- Parsing tech - better options exist from partners but integration is then a challenge
- Automated reminders on pre-set conditions
- Automated status updates - i.e. contacts become lapsed if not contacted for 3 months
- I really like the interface, it's easy to learn and easy to navigate. Even people on my team who only use this occasionally have no trouble navigating through the interface. It is really intuitive.
- The automation features are really good. A lot of little tasks that you would normally end up manually doing can be automated. All of them put together can save you and your team a decent bit of time.
- Good integrations with both Outlook and Gmail. Really useful.
- Excellent reporting features. You can even export them for internal usage.
- It is not so great on mobile devices. Feels clunky, slow and not quite as fluid as the desktop version. So if you plan on using this on the go then I would think twice.
is one of the best Recruiting tools that I have used in my recruiting career. It's very fast, very reliable, and user-friendly. I can do a quick search of who is
calling me just by entering the phone number in the system. It saves time in resume submissions, contact details, and other data, and the
interface that helps with tracking candidates in a timely manner. Interactions between
team members through Bullhorn is awesome, as you can send notes directly to
email accounts to ensure they're seen.
- It fetches the right resumes with the right keywords and filters.
- One of my favorite features is for mass email. Once you have the right candidates you just have to add them in a Tearsheet and just do mass emails to them. It saves times and effort.
- I wish we could see the name of the candidates attached to a job with notes. Instead, we have to click and go inside to check who is the candidate attached to that job.
Mass Emailing is one of the best features where you can send emails to a bunch of the right candidates without showing them that it's a mass email, as it looks more of a personal email.
Reporting is also an effective tool in Bullhorn. To track personal performance, it helps in getting the data of the last day, week, month or year. It's a pretty impressive feature.
- The submission tracking of a candidate and where they are at in the process.
- Resume Parsing, auto populating the information makes the work easy.
- Bullhorn enables other applications to be linked to it as well, eg- Textus, which makes the work easy in contacting candidates.
- I think just the timing, sometimes the candidate information ton the notes section takes a bit time to load unless I immediately click, but this could be a network issue.
- It would be convenient if there is a way to save all the search strings that I actually maintain in a different folder on my desktop.
- Ease of use & user-friendly
- Finally integrated to a variety of browsers and operating systems
- Easy export/import options to market to both clients & candidates
- Easy to coordinate and plan scheduled meetings and interactions
- Email client is external and must be used by Gmail. The internal email feature was removed from the software (unless you mass mail).
- The software is a little clunkly, and although it's a newer version, it seems a bit outdated.
- While the platform is web-based, it fails to run smoothly through a mobile platform, and often times, the loading times are a little sluggish.
- It keeps all of the necessary information for each job requisition in one spot.
- Organizes information well and succinctly.
- Very intuitive.
- The candidate search function isn't the easiest to use.
- There are a lot of unnecessary tools or cards that can make the screen seem cluttered sometimes.
- It would be nice to be able to delete notes or submissions if they're accidentally put on the wrong jobs.
- For the TextUs integration, I think it'd be better if there was a tab for texts like there is for emails, rather than being added to the Notes field and making it very difficult to go back and find the information you need.
- Duplicate candidates in BH -- it would be great if you could combine the accounts and delete one of them.
- Maintaining and managing the pool of candidates.
- Tracking applicants and updating their status.
- User-friendly and great customer service.
- New features are rarely communicated, hence it does take some time to adapt.
- Currently, there's no data mining tool available at no cost, which would allow us to clean the data.
- Has a lag in-between, and will log you out if there is any problem with parsing the resume, but that is ok.
- Inhaling resumes from Word documents - field mapping is about 80+% accurate and will check for duplicates before savings.
- Adding notes is very easy and can be categorized based on the type of interaction it is: email, text, phone call, etc.
- Integrations with many 3rd party vendors that are already widely used by recruiting and staffing agencies.
- Reporting: out of the box reporting is not very detailed or easy to navigate. In order to get better detailed and specific reports, you either need their Canvas product or pay for a 3rd party vendor.
- Customization: will get better with NOVO Experience update, but many users still don't have it. Right now many fields and order are not customizable
- Many features Bullhorn can do are not apparent to the user, often times you have to call in the figure things out.
- Very user-friendly and self-explanatory
- Great at keeping track of candidates, including where we're at in the recruitment process with them and where the candidate is at in their job search
- Very easy to use in an organization because you can check in on who has contacted what candidate and ensure that you're not double calling candidates
- Candidate sourcing is sometimes difficult as the search bar and filters sometimes do not work
- Glitches a lot - will kick you out often or will not properly parse resumes or upload them
- Attaching files is sometimes difficult and this feature also seems to glitch often, as well
- Addition of candidates and effective candidate database
- Bullhorn is a great ATS because it is easy to navigate making your workload A LOT easier
- I used a proprietary ATS at my old job and it was not as efficient as Bullhorn
- I think Daxtra search needs to be free and not of charge. Adding costs to everything in BH is getting out of hand
- I think certain tabs need to have more information added and list of things we can add without having to pay extra for anything
- Some more effective BH training would be greatly appreciated.
- It tracks our candidate and client interaction with great detail.
- I like the Bullhorn for email function - instead of sending an email via Outlook and then having to copy and paste it into BH, BH will open Outlook email for me and then automatically place a copy of the email in the recipients BH profile.
- BH will parse resumes received via email - lessening the amount of information manually added.
- Creating reports - I have ones that were created by BH but I cannot change the specifications to meet my end of the year needs.
- Cannot create an Excel sheet directly from a tear sheet - I have to save the tear sheet then go into the search bar and search for the name of the tear sheet in order to download it as a CSV file.
- Cannot print task lists - I had to create a ticket and they showed me a workaround.
- Candidate Management- it is very easy to track and search your candidates. Candidates are the heart of your ATS in staffing and Bullhorn does a great job of making those candidates accessible.
- Job Order Management-Being able to keep your job orders managed in a way that keeps you closest to money is a one of the best parts of the system. You can filter your lists, schedule your followups and keep on top of the orders that are the most urgent.
- Configuration- the ability to configure the tool to the look and feel that matches your business.
- Bullhorn CRM allows Account Managers to do their prospecting without cluttering the Company and Contact List with Company and Contacts that are not buyers or individuals that do not using staffing, not decision makers, etc. Leads allows AM's to pursue those individual within a different entity until they are vetted as buyers. The opportunities allow you to track those longer range opportunities versus storing them in a notebook or on an excel document. They become company IP for down the road.
- Configuration of the CRM is huge asset. We have changed and configured our workflow several times over the past few years until we have decided on the workflow we want to move forward with. The tool allowed us to make these changes as we saw fit and without the time and cost of having to go through a PS channel.
- The Lead and Opportunity dashboards help to keep you on track in a visual way so you can see the time cycle of your leads and opportunities.
- Submission Management- Although there is a submission entity in Bullhorn that allows you to do a lot of things, this is one area that could still use improvement in terms of the ability to search web responses more efficiently and displaying of the pay/bill rates that are entered within the submission process. More configuration here would be great.
- Parses resumes well.
- A lot of customization available.
- Can set reminders easily.
- Can post jobs easily (integrates with several job boards).
- Nice dashboard options.
- No back office function to pay contract workers.
- Difficult to track multiple branches. Tends to lump info together.
- Reporting can be difficult due to the tracking issues. A lot of manual work to pull clean data.
- Management Reports
- Recruitment Reports
- Sales Reports
- Forecasting Reports
- If there is a chain of commands that need signatures, it would be nice to be able to push the document through instead of a hard copy.
- Sometimes the drop-down functions don't match exact scenarios, it would be nice to be able to edit OTHER with an explanation.
- It would be nice to connect the Recruitment side, to match when a candidate is added to the database by another recruiter but is actually a skill match for a requirement that you have been assigned to as the primary recruiter.
- Being able to assign who is the Primary Recruiter, especially if working on a team of Recruiters
- The marketplace of integrations with other software is a great bonus, allowing us to leverage Bullhorn across departments to manage from start to finish our contractors
- Constantly evolving and progressing the software, building upon past versions and improving the design and functionality based on customer feedback
- An app for phones would be a great bonus, as the mobile browser version isnt particularly user friendly on a small screen
- It's easily customizable.
- They have one of the best support teams of any software vendor I've done business with.
- The search capabilities are unmatched.
- I'd love to be able to automatically email candidates when we mark them as "not qualified" or "not a fit" for a role.
- I am ready for the back office and on-boarding product to get a UI facelift. I've heard it's on the way!
- I would love to have a mobile app that employees could use to submit their time sheets. They can use the mobile version of the website, which is fine, but it would be great to have this functionality in the mobile app.
- Reporting - It is very easy to track reports and look at statistics/vitals for each recruiter and salesperson within any timetable.
- Recruiting - I think it is hard to filter through searches as each canddiate just shows the name of the candidate and their job title, highlighting is not shown when the candidate is opened up.
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Bullhorn ATS & CRM?
Offering different solutions customizable to fit the user's needs and future-proof investments, the Bullhorn system grows with the business, enabling the user to make more placements, improve candidate experience, and streamline operations.
Bullhorn unifies the entire agency with solutions that align the work of every department, individual, and role to promote profit, growth, and a seamless candidate and customer experience.
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Screenshots
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Integrations
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Competitors
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Contact Bullhorn for pricing information
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||60%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bullhorn ATS & CRM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, North America, Central America, South America, Australia, India, United Kingdom, New Zealand|
|Supported Languages:||English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish|