Reviews (1-4 of 4)
January 05, 2015
Score 7 out of 10
Our Business Intelligence team uses it almost exclusively to build dynamic reports for both out internal users, customers, and vendors to mostly aid in the financial accounting of day to day operations. After our SAP implementation back in September on 2013, BOBJ was mainly used to recreate the reports our customers and personnel relied on to keep the books straight. Now that we have moved onto the Realization Phase of the implementation there has been a wide variety of requests for our BI team to tackle. The one report paramount to me is the KPI report they are developing, which is a currently a manual task I undergo weekly to consolidate the company's most important Key Performance Indicators and used to steer decision making at the highest level.
- Dynamic reporting and consolidation of information from disconnected sources
- Adaptability to needs of shifting business initiatives
- QA environments are understandably slow, but BOBJ's borders on driving me crazy
- Users must be highly trained to maximize the tool's capabilities.
Read Daniel Guzman's full review
As it is our organization's new reporting tool, it is the default application to create or recreate existing reports to utilize the data captured in SAP.
- Highly flexible reporting environment. Easy to write your own reports.
- Business Objects was fair at Budgeting. It allowed a lot of flexibility in creating a budget that meets the customized needs of any organization, but along with that it can be clunky and a little difficult to use. I would say the reporting ability was much better than the budgeting capability.
- Another aspect that this product does well is that it allows endless ways to consolidate different business units, departments, sites, etc. You can roll up a region, district, certain departments, etc. easily. This was a major advantage to my role overseeing 30+ hospital sites.
- SRC had a delay in information until the month's operations officially closed and the data was fed into the system. Other products that I have used allow you to see activity throughout the month. Knowing that it isn’t final, you can still get a sense of how revenues/expenses are stacking up for the month, etc. In addition, other operational metrics, like Average Daily Census, Admissions, etc. should be able to be tracked daily, rather than having to wait until the month is over.
Read AJ Senff's full review
I enjoyed this program and felt it met the needs of my role and my organization.
September 15, 2015
Our company is very diverse and Business Objects SRC has been able to satisfy all the budgeting and planning needs across the board. Regardless of the data to be reported on or the planning cycle and even the level of planning detail, we have not found anything that Business Objects SRC cannot do.
- Ad hoc reporting
- Planning using trending and seasonality spreads
- High level to very detailed analysis
- One negative is being limited by the version of Excel that Business Objects SRC uses. On occasion a report or a query is maxed do to the row/column limitations.
Read this authenticated review
The system is not always intuitive to a new user. However with some upfront training it is easy to catch on. A lot of the management is left in the hands of the users, in our company that would be finance. To us that is a great benefit, however, that may not work in all situations.
We use Business Objects for our enterprise reporting needs, various departments get their canned reports daily/weekly. They are able to run ad-hoc jobs. Business Objects addresses the need for massive report distribution and quick easy solutions to end users.
- Robust and sophisticated and can get the easy and quick answer to the business
- User friendly
- Easy scheduling and distribution of reports
- The SQL engine can be re-engineered , sometimes it will be over-head on database to fetch simple answer.
- Can be more powerful querying tool with lite/web versions with analytic reporting features
Read this authenticated review
Business Objects SRC is not the right fit for just extracting data and showing in a fancy tabular form.
BusinessObjects SRC (Discontinued) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About BusinessObjects SRC (Discontinued)
Categories: Corporate Performance Management (CPM)
BusinessObjects SRC (Discontinued) Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
BusinessObjects SRC (Discontinued) Technical Details