Business Wire

Good product for the business community

What is Business Wire?

Business Wire's public relations press release distribution platform includes the company's NewsTrak audience analytics and media monitoring reports.

3 people want pricing too

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

What is Prezly?

Prezly is presented by the vendor as all-in-one public relations management tool that helps PR teams organise their workflow, collaborate and save time.Accessible through any browser, Prezly's key features are divided between three main areas:Contact managementFull PR CRM for managing your contacts…

Business Wire Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Business Wire?

What is Business Wire's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.

Who uses Business Wire?

The most common users of Business Wire are from Mid-size Companies and the Public Relations & Communications industry.

Robert Callum | TrustRadius Reviewer
Business Wire is an easy tool that is being used in all the departments of our organization. It is quite a simple way to distribute information to the business community. It is being used in our organization in making and publishing press releases. It is readily available to be used from Windows, IOS, Mac Book, and android devices. And even newbies can use it easily.
  • Business Wire is an important feature that it keeps on updating the contacts and media content.
  • It continuously tracks the movement of the media persons we are following.
  • It is a very simple tool and navigation through this tool is also easy.
  • Its integration needs improvement and there should be more integration with the other tracking tools.
  • Its reports are not advanced and elaborative.
We are highly satisfied with this tool and according to me, it is favorable in all aspects for the people that want to strengthen their links with the Publics either internal or external. It has the capability to manage relations and disseminates information to the business community. But it is not suitable when it comes to reports and its customer service.

Business Wire is our trusted channel for an efficient press release, a program which we use to get the attention of our audiences, and directly share the information about the products we have and their benefits. Business Wire gives us quality press coverage, which we use to pass information or news like promotions, a new product in the market, changes in prices, more so discounts, and others. More so, the press release is done on social sites, and through the website.
  • Business Wire has a preview option of the content released on the market.
  • Further, there is customization and editing of any distribution.
  • Business Wire issues reports that are clear, and this is a form of tracking.
  • Business Wire lacks a keen or accurate grammatical error editor.
  • Long press release accrue a higher cost.
  • More analytical tools are required.
Business Wire is the right press release application to go global and make use of social sites, or even websites. The program considers the creativity that a firm has, hence, allowing the customization and modification of a distribution. Again, Business Wire fits with releases that one wants to be covered in a multitude of outlets, hence, more convenient and elastic.
Our agency has used Business Wire as a distribution channel for press releases for our clients. Our agency is a full-service marketing agency, so Business Wire is used by the PR department. It's used when a client needs a wire service for distribution of company news in a way that drives SEO, attaches to a stock symbol, or creates general awareness.
  • This is a primary value aspect of Business Wire's offerings.
  • Reach to a wide range of media.
  • Post-release reporting.
  • Cost is generally a barrier to using a service like Business Wire.
  • Actual results yield. The releases do not truly reach reporters who matter to the announcement.
Business Wire is not a good solution for generating true news coverage. Wire services in general do not yield true earned media results. A wire service like Business Wire is best for generating good SEO and visibility in web crawling services like Google Alerts. If a company is public, it's also good for reaching investors through tying news to a stock symbol.
Our entire company has access to a Business Wire account that they can use to send press releases out on behalf of our clients. We mostly use it in the finance group, as it is a business wire service rather than a more general wire service such as PR Newswire. It is an easy way for us to disseminate news to the business community.
  • Shares a press release with the business world.
  • Easy to use.
  • Fast and efficient.
  • Cost is extremely high.
  • Really is only made for business community.
  • Approvals from publicly traded companies are annoying.
Business Wire is good if you want to disseminate business news to a niche community. It is good for appointments, people on the move, not as important information about the company, or something you think may not get picked up by your general contacts at outlets, but need it out there. I would not use it if cost is a factor.
I have only used their support on one release, but they were very good. They were able to troubleshoot my problem in a timely manner, and get my release out on time, even with some hiccups. I would definitely recommend reaching if you ever encounter any problems with their service.
Cindy Arco | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Business Wire to distribute news releases acrosss Florida about important company announcements. These distributions allows us to quickly disseminate important information to key audiences.
  • User-friendly website - I always found that the Business Wire website was easy to navigate and I could find what I was looking for easily. This made setting up my distributions a breeze.
  • In-depth reports available - the metrics and reports available about a distribution are available quickly and provide a great overview as well as great details.
  • Lots of choices for distributions - this allows users to really get their news out to the right media outlets, whether by industry or geographic location.
  • Expensive - distributions cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, with a higher cost for longer releases and additional fees for multimedia content like photos or videos.
  • Limited number of media outlets specifically in Florida.
Business Wire is great for large companies that need to quickly make an announcement, widely distribute a news release or for publicly traded companies, share financial earnings information as required by law. However, the high cost per distribution and additional fees makes it not a good choice for smaller businesses or for announcements with a limited scope, such as just one city.
Jess Messenger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Business Wire with select clients to broadly distribute their news releases in order to promote exciting news such as award wins, product launches and more. Business Wire provides clients with quality press coverage on credible sites and on social media. It allows our organization to quickly and easily disseminate news across the web.
  • Business Wire allows you to have one of their team members review the copy before it is distributed, so that you can have a final set of eyes on the content.
  • Business Wire allows you to customize your distribution. You select the state, region, etc., the key words and topics, allowing you to send out a press release that fits your needs and your budget.
  • Business Wire offers clear reporting, showing where the release was picked up, metrics for these sites and more.
  • Business Wire allows you to pre-schedule a press release in case you are unable to send it out at the exact time that the client needs the news to go out.
  • There have been a few times when a minor grammatical error has slipped by myself as well as the copy editors but it's very rare for this to happen.
  • The cost can get a bit high if your press release is long (as price is partially dictated by length) or if you want to add a logo, image, infographic, etc.
For clients that have the budget, I would definitely recommend using Business Wire to distribute their news. If they set up Google Alerts, they'll soon start to see the results in their alerts, which is very exciting and can help drive greater traffic to their website and encourage greater awareness of key announcements.
The team members are very quick to respond and do their absolute best to help resolve issues quickly. I also like that I can have one of them proofread my press releases before they are distributed. It always helps to have another set of eyes on the content. There have been a few times that they've caught an error that nobody else did so it's worth the extra couple minutes that it takes!
Nicole Iannucci | TrustRadius Reviewer
My entire firm uses business wire on behalf of many of our clients to send out and track news releases. We have had some minor issues with timing of releases and errors in content, but nothing that was not fixed within a few hours.
  • Customer service is terrific - very responsive and willing to help problem solve on numerous occasions
  • Teaching - staff has done a great job of informing my employees of new services or features that we can utilize for our clients
  • Online - website and user interface could definitely use some upgrading
  • Would love to see some additional tools offered for analytic purposes
Business wire is well suited to blast out news for many of our larger clients who are trying to hit far reaching media targets or otherwise blanket the media with their particular news of the day.
It is likely that most of our editorial team has used Business Wire for their work. As a business media company, we look to share the most current and important news with our readers, which can often be found on Business Wire. Personally, I use it to search for news related to the smart cities industry, as well as the waste and recycling industry.
  • The site has a very specific search function that makes it easy for users to sort through the many press releases put on the site each day, making the process easier/more efficient.
  • The "Media & Journalist Tools" tab is helpful for myself and my colleagues, specifically, the RSS feeds to make sure we're staying on top of business happenings.
  • I don't use the "How-To" section, though I know folks who have to learn more about writing press releases, and I've heard it's very helpful.
  • I think the overall UX and design of the site can be improved.
  • Users could benefit from an even more robust "advanced search" function to sort through releases.
  • Business Wire should make its "Earnings" section more prominent. That's such an important part of business media and could really be improved on this site.
It's well suited for searching for news that is timely and immediate, especially business news, which is important for my position. Not sure where it wouldn't be appropriate to use, though I will say that because of its direct competition with PR Newswire, it's not always the first wire site that I check.
Business Wire is used across the editorial department of my company. Our teams use the site to browse what is going on in each of our industries and also help generate story ideas for potential future content. It helps us keep up-to-date on our industries, including business developments, product launches, talent appointments, etc.
  • Separates content based on industry or subject matter
  • Organized chronologically so you can keep up with what you missed since your last visit
  • Press releases come in a variety of languages
  • I can't find a way to always filter out non-English language press releases
  • The search function doesn't typically bring up relevant content
  • I would love to see more photo, video, or additional multimedia content included in the press releases, where applicable
Business Wire is extremely suited for news gathering purposes, which is what most of my team and colleagues use the site for. It helps up stay up-to-date on major news in our industry and also helps us to generate ideas for potential future stories for our publication. It takes some time to navigate, but the site is useful if you have the time to dive deep and browse. For those looking for a quick hit of business news, perhaps this is not ideal.
At my PR agency, we use Business Wire on behalf of our clients to publish their press releases. It is used by almost everyone in the company. We are a very small organization without departments - and everyone does essentially the same job at different levels. By using Business Wire, we are able to get our clients' announcements across a wide range of publications, in addition to the earned media that we secure with our proactive outreach and our relationships with journalists.
  • Proofing - Business Wire proofs every single release with great precision, and calls you to let you know if they think anything looks like it might be a typo. They are extremely thorough and also check with you about the way you want images or video laid out with the release so that the final presentation is perfect.
  • Customer Service - Business Wire has some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. They are available 24 hours a day, and always have someone manning the phones to answer your questions, proof releases, and make sure your release gets across the wire at the right time.
  • Interface - The Business Wire site is very easy to use, and saves previously used information and images like logos. This is standard for most wire services, but Business Wire does a good job as well.
  • Reach - BW reaches a very wide range of outlets, and its relationships with VentureBeat, Yahoo! and MarketWatch are great. Clients really appreciate seeing their releases in those publications.
  • Price - the main draw back of Business Wire is that it is quite expensive.
For a funding announcement or a big product launch, Business Wire is the service to use. For less important announcements, and for clients with limited budget, it might be worth considering other options. PR Newswire and Marketwired are both decent services that provide comparable results, but the high touch quality of Business Wire is pretty unique.