My BuzzSumo Review

July 14, 2021
It is being used by our marketing and content team mainly for content research. It greatly helps us in generating new content ideas for …

Find out what's trending online

June 24, 2021
Our company uses BuzzSumo as a tool in our arsenal for backlinking and social media strategy by finding popular pages, social media posts …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BuzzSumo, and make your voice heard!

Pro (5 users)

$99

Plus (10 users)

$179

Large (15 users)

$299

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://app.buzzsumo.com/account/plans

What is BuzzSumo?

BuzzSumo is an influencer marketing platform focused on influencer location, author reports, content analysis for locating trends, and domain comparisons, useful for competitor analysis. The analysis engine is intentioned to track and optimize content marketing efforts. The product was acquired by Brandwatch in 2017.

BuzzSumo Technical Details

What is BuzzSumo?

BuzzSumo is an influencer marketing platform focused on influencer location, author reports, content analysis for locating trends, and domain comparisons, useful for competitor analysis. The analysis engine is intentioned to track and optimize content marketing efforts. BuzzSumo was acquired by Brandwatch, which is now a Cision company (acquired February 2021).

What is BuzzSumo's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses BuzzSumo?

The most common users of BuzzSumo are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Jason Myers | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The positive ROI is that we're able to quickly find placements, alert all relevant teams and begin promoting them (often before Google Alert even catches on).
  • The negative impact is that it's another significant recurring bill in an era where many agencies and clients are tightening their budgets or bringing PR and content work in-house.
  • It has had a positive return as it has allowed us to create better content and gain popularity online.
  • Though the cost is relatively high in my opinion, it has allowed us to make better organic content than we would have paid this cost on ads.
  • Helps us find influencers for campaigns.
Aniket Kumar Chaudhary | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • BuzzSumo offered me deep insights to grow my social presence.
  • Its paid features are more than my thoughts. It helped me to manage and curate my content according to my customers.
  • Its influencer page is a more interesting feature to meet more audiences. Overall it positively impacted my growth.
  • The ROI is there since we have worked with a lot of influencers who have helped us develop better relationships with clients and make them happy.
  • Though the cost of the software is high, it definitely pays itself off.
  • Reduces time it takes to find influencers, etc. So saves our team time.
Sarah Hoffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We have received positive feedback from our clients that they love our content they continue to partner/spend with us to manage their social media.
  • The ability to produce content makes our teams more efficient and is overhead has become less costly.
  • Both our content marketing and social media teams use this tool together collaboratively which saves us money.
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • BuzzSumo has helped us generate revenue by bringing more traffic/legitimate customers to our web content. By teaching us which keywords our prospects are searching for, we are able to create content that attracts them and answers the questions they have once they start looking for products like ours.
  • BuzzSumo has helped us lower wasted labor. We initially thought that prospects were most active on Twitter and LinkedIn since there are a lot of users focusing on business there. However, BuzzSumo revealed that the majority of content similar to ours was viewed on Facebook. This enabled us to stop wasting labor with constant posting on irrelevant and ineffective social media platforms.
Kaitlin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • People who follow us on our social media think of us as more of thought leaders in our industry because we are sharing such relevant information.
  • Going further than other avenues of research, we are able to see in real time what is important to consumers and base our products around what peopl are actually talking about.
  • The only negative is that it's so easy to cur rate content, I find I am spending less time creating our own as a company!
James Egan | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I can't give an ROI explicit, but I can say that when trying to look at keywords and content reviews, Buzzsumo has never been more valuable. When there are particular products that need pushing, we can use BS and GT and get a great idea of trends.