Buzzsumo Reviews

Charles Chy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use BuzzSumo to figure out which topics are trending on social media so we can plan out our social media content more effectively. I'm not sure what other tool could do this for us so it gets first place by default! Just kidding. Overall, we find the information provided affordable and insightful.
Read Charles Chy's full review
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use BuzzSumo to gain insight on how prospective clients find our content, how we can lead them to our content using SEO, and when it's best to publish content. The platform also provides information to help us determine which social media platforms are more receptive or responsive to certain topics and content types.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Jordan Comstock | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Buzzsumo to help our content strategy. It is a great source of ideas for what is being talked about, shared, created and produced in the construction world. So it ends up being valuable to the content team at my company as it gives them many of the topics that they use for webinars, blog posts, videos and any other content we produce ourselves.
Read Jordan Comstock's full review
Kaitlin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Buzzsumo is mainly being used in our organization to keep up on industry trends and for curated content to share on our social media pages. It's an important resource for us to stay up to date on what is trending in the industries we serve, but also give us a great idea of what is "shareable content". Buzzsumo gives us ideas on what people are wanting to read and how the headlines and stories are written to catch peoples' attention.
Read Kaitlin Berg's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Buzzsumo is primarily used by our marketing department, specifically for content and social. Buzzsumo helps us analyze our social and content efforts as it gives us accurate share counts. You can also use Buzzsumo to see the share counts of other companies, so you can use their data to research other companies and figure out which topics you should write about.
Christine Berres | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In my opinion, Buzzsumo is a must for content marketers. I love how easy it is to use -- and how many ways I can use it. From researching hot topics within my niche to analyzing content performance compared to competitors, or even identifying quotes from key influencers surrounding a specific topic, this is a great tool for efficiency.
Read Christine Berres's full review
Claire Vanner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As a content executive at a marketing agency, I was responsible for pitching and writing content for clients. I used Buzzsumo as part of my research process to see what was being discussed around a particular topic across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google. From this I could determine the topics and tone of content that would resinate with my target audience (as well as which channels would be best to distribute it through). It also identifies "influencers" in the industry, which helps with influencer outreach on social media. I have also used it to see what titles and keywords are popular so that I can shape my own blog titles to attract more traffic.
Read Claire Vanner's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Buzzsumo is used for multiple purposes. Media monitoring in real-time is the most common use case, followed by media research and reporting. It allows our team to find and address coverage for our clients in a timely manner and better understand the industries in which we operate.
Justina Logozzo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I utilize Buzzsumo to tracking the shareability of my company's content as well as backlinks that are acquired. I am currently the only one using the tool, but I have proposed it to our PR person to help her track pick up of press releases. This tool helps my content team gauge the impact of their work and titles they use. They can see how social friendly they are as well as what influencers share their work.
Read Justina Logozzo's full review
Meyrick D'Souza | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 16, 2017

Super BuzzSumo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use BuzzSumo to help me with my social media and content marketing. It really is invaluable. I use it daily to research topics and find content to share or to find ideas for new content. It is very difficult to find content that works i.e. engages my audience so BuzzSumo is a great shortcut and time-saving tool. I also use it to find influencers to reach out to, to help get my content more visibility and links.
Read Meyrick D'Souza's full review
Stephanie Reed | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 23, 2017

Good but not great

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Buzzsumo is used only by me as the sole person responsible for marketing. We have started using it after the need arose for scheduling and tracking more social media posts and develop a social media strategy. However, we have used it only at times, not all the times, due to other apps being more immediate and easier to use.
Read Stephanie Reed's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used Buzzsumo for competitor research, which included taking a look at their social media profiles (Facebook and LinkedIn specifically), seeing their top performing content on social, top times to post, and what types of posts performed well on which platforms. In addition, we used it for backlink research for my client's websites along with their competitors and for influencer research.
December 18, 2017

Great Tool for Newsrooms

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We compare the social reach of our content to the social reach of our competitors. We also check backlinks and identify keywords.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it for content curation for our social media channels but also for marketing research. We investigate how a topic/piece of content is performing online. We check what social channels perform better along with the best months for content promotion.
September 01, 2016

The Buzz around Buzzsumo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Buzzsumo is used extensively by our content marketing team, and it is one of my favorite tools for content research and analysis. Personally, I use Buzzsumo for two main purposes:

• To look up a certain topic and see what has been published and what has been popular and trending regarding this topic
  • Assess the performance of certain content pieces

About Buzzsumo

BuzzSumo is an influencer marketing platform focused on influencer location, author reports, content analysis for locating trends, and domain comparisons, useful for competitor analysis. The analysis engine is intentioned to track and optimize content marketing efforts. The product was acquired by Brandwatch in 2017.