Reviews (1-12 of 12)
- This application is very easy to use. It is the best when it comes to training since the application is easy to understand and employees are able to easily catch up on work process.
- It is a great reporting tool because users can look up work they've done over a period of time.
- The auto populate feature is very helpful since at the service desk users do have several tickets to create for a single requester.
We are using CA Service Management Suite of CA which CA Service Desk Manger is one of the components of that suite. We have branded the name of CA Service Management as KhidmahTech (Arabic Name) which means your service. We have made CA as a single point of contact for all IT Related Services, and all ITIL process has been configured in CA. KhidmahTech is used as a service management tools for two divisions in my company, i.e. IT & HR.
The biggest business problem it has addressed is the Service Automation
of all service of IT and HR.
- Agility is the biggest strength of CA Service Desk Manager as it can be easily customized based on the process.
- CA Process Automation along with CA service desk manger can be a lethal combination for automation of any process across the Board.
- Easy to upgrade and Installation is very useful along with good documentation and support.
We got a task for Automation of Business Automation Document (BRD) which has many complex scenarios and approvals, we have achieved this with the help of CA. Also IT Downtime Notification automation is also achieved with the help of process automation and ca service desk manager.
Integration with the third party tools required lot of customization as there is no available connector for that.
- Integrated solution for incident, request and problem and change management tickets
- Simple but resourceful knowledge component
- Effective survey feature for interface with end users
- Integration to Service Catalog as well as a native self-service interface
- You can log in anywhere.
- It is a good way to document all work that is being done by each tech.
- It is a great way to see a staff member's history or if he may have a repeating problem.
- CA Service Desk Manager is scalable, it can handle any sized organization. The product can be load balanced and clustered.
- CA Service Desk Manager has a patching utility and support site where to download the patches. This is very useful as not all products have software patching available.
- CA Service Desk Manager offers a PDA site and the newer versions offer a mobile app. This is great.
- Excellent workflow management
- Resource task management
- Knowledge management
- Conceptually ties EITM together well, although lacks tactical ease of that concept
- Ticket categorization and routing
- CMDB categorization
- Knowledge alignment with incident/problem areas
- CA Service Desk Manager is good for commissioning or decommissioning servers, as the change orders can be customized so that each step is applicable to that server build.
- CA Service Desk Manager is great for any environment with a help desk, as the alerting of priority tickets in any one group's queue is well executed.
- CA Service Desk Manager is good for making changes within your IT department as you can create change orders with a tiered approval system.
- Tracking - For large projects across multiple departments, we are able to keep track of progression in one central location
- Accountability - If someone alters a document or information, everyone is able to review the original documentation
- A large community where, if help is needed, is usually very helpful and quick to respond.
- Various sites with good information on various issues. If you have a problem, there's a good chance some else already had it and documented it.
- Fairly easy installation of the product if recommendations are followed and prep-work is done.
- The database is very clean and easily to manipulate with regards to querying available data and needing to find the right table.
- The UI interface allows for new form/template creation out of the box. In particular it is a very 'what you see is what you get' interface.
- The API has been around for a considerable period of time that third party services already integrate with CA Service Desk Manager for automated ticket creation, etc.
- Increased productivity of consumers, IT teams and management
- Reduced number of Service Desk tickets
- Faster service restoration
- Clearer understanding of support’s business value
- Less business risk associated with changes
- Fewer service disruptions
- Streamlines support
- Unified, collaborative self-service and mobility
- Broad CA Service Management solution
- Better consumer empowerment and satisfaction: Self-service and social media give the user a consumer experience.
- Reduced number of Service Desk tickets: Fewer tickets coming to your Service Desk can help your IT team focus on bigger issues.
CA Service Desk Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About CA Service Desk Manager
CA Service Desk Manager Integrations
CA Service Desk Manager Competitors
CA Service Desk Manager Technical Details