Reviews (1-4 of 4)
May 31, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
In the company I work for, we use InterSystems Caché across the whole organization. We have multiple projects happening simultaneously, and a majority of them are built using InterSystems Caché as the basis. This technology is highly reliable, stable, and versatile, compatible with all sorts of projects and architectures.
- Secure data storage
- Fast database
- Complete development framework
- Better documentation with more examples
- Better UI on the control panel
- Close-source tech without a large community
It is well suited for large amounts of data due to its agility and all the features helping the developer. It is not suited for simple applications, since it is a payed solution; for those purposes, a free and open-source technology will do the work better.
Read Nadyan Pscheidt's full review
The customer support for InterSystems Caché from its vendor is great. Every time you have a problem or even a doubt about something in the tool, their support team can solve it right away. That is, without a doubt, a great InterSystems strength.
January 17, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
It is used as the premier database tool for handling the ETL of medical information and CSP interaction. Across the whole organization it is used, however the Integration team interacts with it directly. The business problem it addresses is the need to handle all of the specialized medical standards of data ETL in one ecosystem. The scalability needs of our growing services require the central technology to simply work with everything, and the Intersystems family of services, including Cache, provides this.
- It's an object oriented database with relational access, making the vast volume of data ETL fast and as efficient as we are able to make it.
- Easy to install and doesn't take a lot of time to get a test environment running.
- CSP is a fascinating web development technology that easily connects a user application to the Cache handled data.
- The great functionality hides behind an old UI that can be cumbersome to navigate, making Cache configurations take more time.
- The easy installs of Cache need specific setups to work well, and if yours is unique or if your servers are highly specialized on a networking level in terms of ports, VMs, or otherwise, then there may be some difficulties getting things to work.
Read David Crawford's full review
It's definitely great for medical industries that need the vast amounts of features/security/performance, however if you need something simple then this would be too much. There is a learning curve, and if you come from more common database technologies, then there will be a lot of differences to handle. Simple database needs would be better fulfilled elsewhere, but Cache is for when you need to take the next step, whether that be in the volume, complexity, or security of ETL.
January 19, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
At our company, we developed an ERP system that is using the InterSystems Cache DB. Our ERP system is used by many clients and allow the clients to handle all the different business processes that he or she need. It enables the customer to integrate his or her different processes from their other systems to and from our system.
- Rapid development
- Integration with other systems using SQL, WS, FTP, eMail, etc.
- A complete solution that includes not only the DB itself but also all the other management tools, development tools, IDE, source control etc.
- The IDE IntelliSense needs to be improved.
Read Yuval Golan's full review
If you need to use a DB that will run on several OS, if you're looking for a DB that enables you a rapid development, if you're looking for a non relational DB, if you're looking for a DB that can easily communicate with other systems (intranet or internet), if you're looking for a DB that supply you all the tools you need to start coding and admin it, if you're looking for a fast DB, and for many other reasons - InterSystems Cache is your DB.
January 17, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
If you like to have more control over your data, you can use InterSystems Caché. With this database, you will have SQL, Objects and direct access to the data at the same time, and you can choose the way which you need. And you can use internal language (CacheObjectScript) to access this external data or any kind of supported external languages.
- Fast development
- the language light to learn.
- Different ways to access data
- Good internal documentation, which is also available online.
- Popularity should be better, after so many years.
Read Dmitry Maslennikov's full review
It is suited for any kind of project, from medical systems to the fastest storage for saving information about space around us.
Cache Scorecard Summary
What is Cache?
InterSystems Caché® is a high-performance database that powers transaction processing applications around the world. It is used for everything from mapping a billion stars in the Milky Way, to processing a billion equity trades in a day, to managing smart energy grids.
Caché is a multi-model (object, relational, key-value) DBMS and application server developed by InterSystems.
InterSystems Caché provides several APIs to operate with same data simultaneously: key-value, relational, object, document, multidimensional. Data can be managed via SQL, Java, node.js, .NET, C++, Python. DBMS Caché has proven embedded technologies for horizontal scaling (ECP, SLM), High Availability (Mirroring), transaction support and backup. It includes embedded Caché ObjectScript language which is back compatible to mumps and which helps to run applications' business logic close to the data and achieve maximum performance for complex logic operations with data. Caché also provides application server which hosts web apps (CSP), REST, SOAP, web sockets and other types of TCP access for Caché data.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Cache Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cache Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries:||Africa, Asia, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, Middle East, Germany, India, Japan, Europe, South America, UK, USA|
|Supported Languages:||Czech, German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian|