Calendly Reviews

Ryan Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Perfect for Simple Scheduling Needs

Pros and Cons

• Easy to schedule calls.
  • Syncs to Google calendar.
  • Clearly mark available times for meetings.
  • Native Gmail integration might be cool.
  • Their Chrome app was a bit clunky.
  • Expanding their functionality, but the simplicity is also one of their best selling points.
Read Ryan Berg's full review
Mandy Olson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Take the time and effort out of scheduling!

Pros and Cons

• Sending reminders on our behalf.
  • Syncing to our calendars so we do not have to try and keep things updated.
  • Allowing us to create unique and personalized invitations.
  • Allowing us to add a location to the invitation.
  • Users can change their date and time if they need to and we don't have to be involved with trying to set something new up.
  • It is very basic, which is great for users but it could look a bit more exciting.
Read Mandy Olson's full review
Natasha Sandhu | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Calendly efficiently provides scheduling for meetings to employees and departments.

Pros and Cons

• Calendly shows you in a grid-like structure which meetings are when and at what time so you can stay organized.
  • It also helps by giving you the option to show a range of times that you are available, so whoever is receiving your invite can pick from a selection of times/dates that work best for them as well. This helps reduce back and forth emails about scheduling.
  • Calendly could combine people's schedules so you can organize timing better.
  • Calendly could also combine other department's schedules together that so you don't accidentally book the same meeting rooms.
Read Natasha Sandhu's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Calendly makes my life so much easier, no more back and forth, and many fewer time zone mixups

Pros and Cons

• Integration with my Calendar - Calendly automatically integrates with multiple Google Calendars very well. I've never had a mix up where someone booked a call and I was already busy with something else. As long as you keep your calendar updated, it'll be fine.
  • Easy link sharing - the web pages are easy to use, I haven't had anyone confused about the process. Also, the chrome extension makes it really easy to share my Calendly links.
  • Easy setup of events, reminders, and everything else that is needed - It's really quite easy to use, once you set it up once, it just always works!
  • Integration with Join.me - You can just put the Join.me link in the invites, but an actual integration with Join.me would be nice. They have integrations with GoToMeeting and Zoom, but I don't like those because client's have to download something to be able to join the meetings, Join.me only requires a browser.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Chris Labatt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly provides scheduling simplicity

Pros and Cons

• Great at collaborating to find a common meeting time that works for everyone.
  • Good at distributing meeting responsibility to multiple internal team members.
  • While it supports systems like Zapier, direct integration with third-party apps is limited.
  • Styling of your calendar isn't really available, so when you embed it into your website you have limited options due to it being an iframe.
Read Chris Labatt's full review
Matt Heerema | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

Calendly spares us from hours of tedious schedule coordination! Absolutely critical tool.

Pros and Cons

• Shows all available meeting times to invitees in an easy to use interface.
  • Block out available times, lets you control "quiet zones" in your week when you can't be interrupted.
  • Needs the ability for invitee to import their calendar and auto-suggest meeting dates.
  • Could use more "round robin" voting on potential dates (like Doodle).
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Mark Rueckert | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly is Awesome!

Pros and Cons

• Schedule meetings - I am able to share a link with anyone that wants to set up a time to meet with me and they are able to see my available time on the calendar. And then schedule a time to meet with me.
  • Manage my schedule - I am able to set certain hours that I've never available and certain times of day that I will allow meetings. This helps me to be able to balance and manage my schedule.
  • UX design - I've never felt that their interface was beautifully designed. I believe they could make it a little more flashy but still stick with a simple undertone.
  • Email reminders - I would love it if I could have email reminders sent to my customers that are going to meet with me with details about the call.
Read Mark Rueckert's full review
Joseph Brown, PhD., CFEd®️ | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly - Appointment Setting on Steroids

Pros and Cons

• Allows for multiple appointment types to help us show our clients we have multiple services.
  • Can qualify the prospect (appoint maker) with questions to narrow down the meeting focus or qualify the prospect.
  • I think it would be great to have sub-appointment types. Often times it’s too confusing to put every single appointment type out there and having categories that get more specific that are dynamic and change according to what the appointment setter chooses. For example, if someone was scheduling a health insurance appointment instead of having appointments for Medicare, Group, individual, dental, critical illness, etc. They could select Healthcare, then see option of Medicare, Individual, or Group and so one from there.
  • I would also like it to have a feature that doesn’t show all your availability at one time and does random increments. We never want to look too available. It would be cool to show 3-4 times spread out for one person then show different times for another. Additionally, it doesn’t allow the person to have a choice when you have Zoom integrated. So often there can be confusion in knowing if they are logging in or expecting a call or calling us.
Read Joseph Brown, PhD., CFEd®️'s full review
Kate Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2020

Schedule like a CHAMP with Calendly!

Pros and Cons

• The BEST thing about Calendly is how it links to your Outlook, making all your information quick and easy to locate.
  • The automatic scheduler is fantastic as well; personal agenda automatically makes it, so meeting times are blocked out for my clients.
  • The only thing I would say is to allow for more customization. But because of the efficient job Calendly is doing, I would say this is a very fine detail I can hardly complain about.
Read Kate Knight's full review
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Calendly is Not All That

Pros and Cons

• Calendly has a satisfying and easy-to-use invite option in order to schedule meetings.
  • Scheduling becomes easier when all of your invitations come from one place.
  • The interface is simple and easy to use.
  • I'm still not sure it does scheduling any better than Google Calendar.
  • Calendly could use improvement on its pricing platform. I'm not sure the value is worth it.
  • It can be clumsy when trying to loop in new users.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
March 15, 2020

Simple, dependable way to book appointments

Pros and Cons

• Great for setting up external meetings.
  • Particularly good if you have multiple people from your organization that you want to include.
  • Has all of the settings and configurations that you might need - I haven't run into a problem that I couldn't solve yet.
  • The user experience has always been it's downfall, particularly when you want to set up appointments with multiple people from your team. It just isn't intuitive.
March 02, 2020

You will love Calendly!

Pros and Cons

• The integrations with Zoom and Outlook are flawless. It works beautifully with both of them.
  • It is easy for my leads to pick a time slot as well since it automatically converts for their time zone. No more missed meetings.
  • It is very easy for people to book a meeting. Two clicks and they are done.
  • The first time I set up it, it took a little bit of trial and error to figure things out. Their interface is a little confusing.
  • Sometimes their Outlook Plugin crashes. You have to manually launch it again.

About Calendly

Calendly is appointment scheduling software from the company of the same name in Atlanta, Georgia.

Calendly Technical Details