CamCard Reviews

March 02, 2020

Great for a Freebie

CamCard is a great way to store business cards virtually and help keep the information from cards in a secure spot. The chance to automatically import all the information from the card is a great feature. This software is only being used by a few people in our organization but helps us to keep the contact information of people backed up in a way other than paper form.
  • Scans business cards.
  • Stores contact information.
  • Can automatically import some information.
  • Scans are far from reliable.
  • It seems to just make some obvious spelling mistakes that the AI should be able to figure out.
  • Struggles with complex graphics on business cards.
CamCard's free version is great for a basic tool for keeping track of business cards digitally. It stores the information and does try to import the data automatically. It does struggle with this feature but perhaps it's better on the paid version. Overall, I get what I pay for which is nothing.
Max Pourlak | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Start with the free version. You will love it so much that you will become a member for life.

Since I can remember, I have been using CamCard. My wallet has limited space and I cannot hold all the business cards I get from clients. It is my new Rolodex. I also keep all my personal non-credit card cards (like gym memberships, reward cards, etc.) in it. I love being able to take a picture and the OCR takes care of the rest. OCR in CamCard is pretty good but really depends on the card design. Any time I want to refer someone, I can just text the business card.
  • Track all kinds of cards from business cards to rewards cards.
  • Easy to use.
  • It can be slow at times. Not sure if it is the app or internet service.
  • OCR is not accurate and needs manual editing.
I always look for ways to connect two acquaintances. I can quickly make a referral by sharing a business card through CamCard. All my business cards are with me at all times. It is also awesome to track everything you have in your wallet. I scan all the cards in my wallet (like my health insurance card, car insurance card, credit cards etc.) so if I ever lose my wallet, I know exactly what was in there.
Read Max Pourlak's full review
October 29, 2019

A digital rolodex on the go!

CamCard is used individually by me for sales purposes. It is extremely helpful when meeting people and organizing business cards at events. It keeps things organized and you can add notes about where you met them when to follow-up etc, all without having to write it down with pen and paper.
  • Organize business cards.
  • Notes at events in a digital environment.
  • Share my business card when I forgot a hard copy. You can text/email/share your digital copy of your business card.
  • Sometimes, the photo option for importing business cards is not compatible with certain font or will read things incorrectly.
  • Photos sometimes are blurry.
  • Photos take a bit longer in regard to time to take (front and back).
CamCard is best suited for conferences where you will meet a lot of people and don't need to take their hard copy business cards. It's especially convenient when you don't have your business card on you and you can easily share it with other people. In addition, you can make notes about the individual or where you met them, how to follow-up, what you discussed, etc.
Daniel Städeli | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2019

I use CamCard to quickly scan business cards at trade shows and have the info sync automatically to my cloud server

We use CamCard at tradeshows. All our sales team at the show will install this app on their mobile phones. We scan the business cards we receive from contacts we meet all over the world. It's the best way to gather all their information quickly and taking notes on the mobile.
  • App quickly open and is ready to take pictures
  • Text recognition (OCR) is fantastic
  • The contact you scanned can be saved to the internal phone contacts
  • Text recognition is not 100% accurate, you have to go through and check. It may have to do with all these different business card design, small fonts, etc.
It's well suited for people who meet a lot of folks doing business and get business cards all the time. People in sales particularly. In our case, we use NextCloud as a WebDAV contact and file server. The cards I scan get saved to my phone's contacts and then synced automatically to the server within seconds. From there I can see the contacts everywhere: in my Outlook, iPad, Mac, PC wherever I need them.
Read Daniel Städeli's full review
Robert Chambers | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2018

Great and affordable business card reader

We use CamCard to organize contacts, easily importing information from business cards to contact lists and saving money from purchasing a really expensive business card scanner. This app is simple to use and does a good job at picking up information from business cards by simply taking a picture of a card with your phone's camera. It also allows you to easily add the contacts to your phone or easily export your contacts to an Excel file which you can upload to almost all CRMs, Outlook, etc. As an easy to use and affordable product, you can't beat the price. I looked for a long time to find a different route than buying an expensive card scanner and this has met all of my expectations up to now.
  • It makes adding contact information from business cards that you pick up from events, prospects, etc., extremely easy to your phone or easily exports your contacts to an Excel file which you can upload to almost all CRMs, Outlook, etc.
  • For the price you can't beat it! A card scanner can be really expensive and not easily accessible.
  • Since I can use CamCard from my phone it is easy to take a quick snapshot from my phone in the car and collect the information I want to save. Having this really makes life easy since I can capture information right after I meet someone.
  • Sometimes the scanner doesn't recognize every item exactly where it should go, especially if the card is laid out in an atypical manner.
  • I wish there were more options to integrate this tool with tools you are already using... such as a CRM, etc. Although it is easy to export your information to an Excel file and then upload that information to the tools you are currently using, it would be nice to have a more streamlined process that connected the tools you are using to CamCard directly.
  • The degree of inaccuracy in the OCR is often frustrating. Of course the wacky card categories that people create does not help!
For people on the road frequently and don't have time to set down at a computer right away this is a good choice, especially on a individual basis. It really isn't ideal if you are trying to capture LARGE amounts of business cards though. If you are in need of something that would allow you to capture more than 5-10 cards at a time, I would look for another product.
Read Robert Chambers's full review
Ann Matuszak | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2018

CamCard fills a need for easily capturing Business Card information

I use Camcard to capture my business contacts when I am out and about. My Co-founder does not. It helps me to avoid the business card shuffle deck! She uses her own system. We have mentioned it to our other locations but I do not believe that anyone else is using it.
  • The image capture is great and it captures the back side which some apps do not allow.
  • It allows you to add notes and details and keeps the image of the card so it is easy to connect all the pieces for followup!
  • It offers a nice variety of sort options which is really helpful if you remember the company but not the name of the person!
  • It exports seamlessly into our CRM.
  • Better recognition of the oddly shaped cards
  • Edit options have greatly improved!
  • Add voice to text!! I would love to just speak numbers, addresses, etc rather than typing.
CamCard is especially beneficial when you are meeting a number of new people in one event. It improves my ability to capture information and retain memory regarding a potential client or partner. I am less likely to use it in a one on one situation but really, I could.
Read Ann Matuszak's full review

CamCard Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (5)
Identification of new leads (2)
6.0
List quality (6)
List upload/download (4)
5.6
Ideal customer targeting (2)
9.9
Load time/data access (6)
Contact information (6)
Company information (6)
6.4
Industry information (2)
Lead qualification process (2)
4.0
Smart lists and recommendations (1)
Salesforce integration (1)
Company/business profiles (2)
4.5
Alerts and reminders (1)
Data hygiene (2)
4.0
Automatic data refresh (2)
4.5
Tags (2)
9.9
Filters and segmentation (4)

About CamCard

CamCard is a sales intelligence software solution offered by INTSIG Information Co.