Camtasia

Camtasia Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Jorge A. Merino | TrustRadius Reviewer
With the latest version (Camtasia 2020), I actually had problems with an Imac with HighSierra, but from the first moment they answered and guided me to solve the problem, even before making the purchase (with some doubts I had). And they have support in English and Spanish, I really liked that.
Allison Chaney | TrustRadius Reviewer
I haven't used the online support much at all, but when I did, they were fast to respond and had a simple resolution. Support, however, is available via other users and is relatively easy to find. There are a ton of tutorial videos available to learn how to use certain features. However, I feel that there is a gap in support and there could be more up-to-date tutorials for all of the available features.
We only contacted support one time but the response was fast and the question was answered to our satisfaction. The person answering our emails seemed to investigate the issue thoroughly and followed up with us later to make sure that the problem was solved. They were also very courteous.
Nancy Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Relies on the user community for most support questions, they seem to ignore important suggestions that I've seen being made for years, like not having automatic shadows on all shapes and callouts.
  • You don't need a lot of support in the product, but it's a good thing.
  • Their training videos are pretty good.
Will Goad | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have had zero need to reach out to Camtasia support that I remember. I view this as a strength. That said, I have performed verbal interviews and electronic surveys with members of the Camtasia team. Their proactive reaching out has been helpful and instilled a belief that they are committed to their customers. Additionally, regular feature releases reinforce this belief.
Any time I’ve had a challenge with Camtasia, their software support has been top-notch. They answer quickly and always give a solution that works. Plus, their annual product cycle means that each year they update the product with a new release that adds features, templates, and more that enhanced the training videos we are able to create.
I've only had limited experience with the TechSmith team, but the two times I've worked with them, they have been very responsive and helpful. In addition, their blog is fantastic! It offers helpful advice and shares best practices within the industry. Being new to e-learning, I really appreciated the extra information. Their Camtasia certification course was helpful too - it was practice-based and comprehensive.

What is Camtasia?

Camtasia from TechSmith is a tool for making screen and video recordings.

Camtasia Pricing