Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Camunda Platform is a process automation tech stack with execution engines for BPMN workflows and DMN decisions paired with applications for modeling, operations, and analytics.
With a vision to automate any process, anywhere, Camunda aims to reinvent process automation for the digital enterprise. Boasting a developer-friendly, open source approach, the vendor states enterprises can use Camunda Platform to breakthrough technological, organizational, and infrastructure barriers, optimize their business processes, and drive their digital transformation initiatives forward.
Camunda has a community of over 100,000 users across companies such as 24 Hour Fitness, AT&T, Zalando, ING, and Vodafone.
- Using Camunda as a real-time integration platform, 24 Hour Fitness enables all-hours access to gyms across the USA and seamless, real-time communications with members.
- Since 2014, Zalando has used Camunda Platform for the execution of its customer orders. Camunda Platform replaced the self-developed “process framework“ for the execution of this strategically important core process.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs uses Camunda Platform for several processes, including claims intake, eligibility determination, claim development (collection of additional evidence), disability rating, and awards generation and authorization.
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Asynchronous functionality of Camunda Platform and different types of gateways.
- It does not support Java LocalDate as of now, fails in de serialization.
- Embedding a first-class process capability in your application.
- Providing a standards-based modeling capability, backed by a standards-native engine.
- Great support for developers and a developer community.
- Great set of comprehensive APIs across a number of different design points
- All of the code is available in GitHub as a great open source project with Apache licenses.
- Comprehensive documentation of code and APIs and usage.
- Innovative spin-offs like Zeebe.
- Support for micro-services orchestration.
- Support for both embedded and stand alone usage scenarios.
- The company is innovative and focused on this space.
- Camunda expects that you will develop your own user interfaces. This is either a benefit or a barrier depending on your perspective on packaged UI.
- As an open source vendor, Camunda is under-covered in analyst reports.
- Task orchestration
- Graphical interface allows normal users to understand business process model diagrams more intuitively
- GUI lacks shortcuts
- GUI is not intuitive and hard to use. More involved technical capabilities are hidden in the menus which make navigation and setup difficult.
- Community exists but is relatively small and highly technical. Support is not easily accessible unless the costly paid version is opted for.
- Debugging is difficult as there is no error/typo checking or console in the designer when using scripts. It does not have the capabilities of more fully featured IDEs, but is a simple text entry for scripts.