Gold Star for GuideStar Pro

January 21, 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Candid GuideStar, and make your voice heard!

What is Candid GuideStar?

3 people want pricing too

What is Tracxn?

Founded in 2013 by ex-Venture Capitalists, Tracxn is a platform for tracking 1.4 million entities through 1,800 feeds categorised across industries, sectors, sub-sectors, geographies, affiliations and networks globally. It is powered by a combination of human analysts and technology that scans…

What is Infor Birst?

Infor Birst offers multi-tenant cloud BI for deployment in a public or private cloud, or on-premises. It provides an in-memory columnar data store and a BI layer comprising a reporting engine, predictive analytics tools, mobile native apps, dashboards, discovery tools, and an open client interface.

What is Candid GuideStar?

GuideStar by Candid offers GuideStar Pro for updated nonprofit data for research and other purposes, supporting data matching and validation, mailing list creation and generation, grant writing and eligibility validation, and integration of nonprofit data into existing customer or outreach data sets.

Candid GuideStar Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.4.

The most common users of Candid GuideStar are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Non-profit Organization Management industry.

In my line of work I am often tasked with looking into the viability for partnership with various non-profit institutions to see if they would be a good fit for our services. This service allows me to better understand revenues, budget item spending and executive salaries using the 990 functionality.
  • Excellent data.
  • Easy to use site to find what I need.
  • Provides relevant data that is recent and not many years old.
  • Their website could use an overhaul to make it more visually appealing.
  • Website could offer learning on how to find/use data.
  • When I was a nonprofit exec and in charge of supplying the data, I desired more insight into how to best set up our site and information. Training or guidance would have been great.
It is just my go-to for any information I need on a potential client as I work in the non-profit consulting space and need to better understand my prospects. As a former nonprofit exec, I valued what we could share on the site as a gold seal for others to learn about our worthiness to invest.
David S. Levine, CFRE | TrustRadius Reviewer
GuideStar Pro is being used at my organization to find concise data from 990s of funders we are prospecting. It is most useful when used in conjunction with FDO, but GuideStar Pro alone can also be helpful albeit take more time to use. It is being used in Development and addresses issues finding information about funder giving preferences (when they lack a website) or finding out if an organization is still in existence. We also use the GuideStar seal on our website to show our commitment to transparency.
  • Identifying information from funder 990s
  • Gives credence to transparency claims
  • None - anything missing from GuideStar Pro can be found in FDO, also from Candid
GuideStar Pro is well suited in two scenarios: when you want to demonstrate your organization's commitment to transparency (through the seals) and when you know what you're looking for when searching through 990s. Basically, if you can mine a 990 well, GuideStar Pro is perfect for you. If you are new to the grant-seeking industry and need more guidance/clearer information already mined for you, then GuideStar Pro is likely to be overwhelming.
Any support I've ever had to get from them was quick and professional. Their online guides/help docs are also easy to read.
GuideStar Pro is an essential tool for researching nonprofit organizations and foundations. We primarily use GuideStar for easy access to organizations' Form 990 that contains valuable information and can be used when researching new granting foundations.
  • Easy to use search tool.
  • Extensive database.
  • Most 990s are typically a few years behind.
  • Organization profiles are only as complete as the organization makes them.
GuideStar Pro is my platform of choice for pulling up an organization's Form 990 when researching a grant. I have other paid platforms that allow me to look at 990s, but I prefer GuideStar for its user interface and that it only takes a couple of clicks to get the information you want. They make it quick and easy to get the information that I need to do my research.
I have not had any issues with GuideStar Pro where I needed personal support. They have helpful tutorials and overall the platform is very user friendly.