Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Canto, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Canto enables users to collect, manage and share digital content from anywhere. A digital asset management solution, Canto helps brands in all industries take control of their content libraries and get more out of their digital assets.
A CENTRAL LOCATION FOR DIGITAL ASSETS No more digging through folders and hunting down files. Canto is a hub for digital content – including photos, videos, collateral, and other digital assets are where they are needed.
FIND FILES IN SECONDS Users can organize content in any way desired, and users don’t need to dig through folders to find what is needed. With advanced features like smart tags and facial recognition, the entire library is fully searchable.
COLLECT AND SHARE DIGITAL CONTENT WITH ANYONE Manage the flow of assets in and out of an organization’s library. Upload links make it easier to add content to a library, and unlimited sharing portals allow users to deliver polished, curated collections to any audience.
COLLABORATE To share assets with other teams, external partners and collaborators anywhere in the world. Flexible permissions ensure everyone can access everything they need – and nothing they shouldn’t.
MANAGE A BRAND Approval features keep users in control of what content goes out into the world. Avoid embarrassing mix-ups with version controls and expiration dates, and mitigate business risks with digital rights management tools.
A TOOL THAT FITS ITS TEAM With its configuration options, Canto adapts to how a team works. Plus, out-of-the box integrations snap into the tools a team already uses – including Slack, Microsoft, Adobe Creative Cloud, and others.
FULL VIDEO COMPATIBILITY Canto has a whole host of features designed just for video – including full video previews, timestamped annotations and smart tags, 360° video support, and trimming features to extract just the excerpts needed.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Supported Languages||Czech, German, English, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Chinese (Simplified), Russian|
- Expensive, have not seen the full ROI
- Ease of use for end user
- Ability to re-use assets
- portals allow us to easily share assets with media outlets
- a central location for all media has saved time locating needed assets
- it allows others to see what media we have available to use for new projects
- When other associates ask us to hand select photos for an award submission, as an example, it saves an incredible amount of time with the search capabilities. Prior we'd have to open each file separately.
- We spend less money on digital rights to images
- Our team can work across one platform to access all the shared assets in one location.
- More connectivity & touch-points with donors by being able to share image portals.
- Ability to stay on brand with style guide.
- Canto provides a better platform to share photos with clients.
- Our colleagues can find and share photos easier.
- Covid: We all worked from home. It was a major impact for us to stop using a sketchy VPN that is slow and painful. We all became so much more efficient in our work.
- Sharing assets: Our company has grown substantially in the past 3 years. Having Canto means that we can easily share assets with our worldwide divisions. We are leading the way on this as the companies we acquired are using archaic servers. We will bring everyone in the Canto world to better manage our assets.
- Control: Prior to Canto, people were misusing images - not using the right ones, not using watermarks. Now it's all preventable and we are seeing better quality images used appropriately.
- It's hard to tell because the admins have spent heaps of time getting it to work
- It hasn't replaced any one solution so in that respect it's improved consistency
- We do have to keep buying users and admins which is annoying
- Takes up a lot more time than expected in adding files to Canto
- Relieves me of having to search on hard drives
- Helps searching for images based on tags
- Capacity to share assets globally
- We are able to find archive photos easier
- The rest of the organization gets visibility into our assets
- Clarity on what the current approved version of an asset is
- POS: time to find assets has been greatly decreased - faster workflows.
- POS: colleagues report not being dependent on a single content-savvy person anymore to get suitable content.
- POS: no need for FTP-server, transfer, google drive share links,... anymore to share large files.
- NEG: streamlining the process of how to upload content to CANTO led to some delays in the availability of content for the organization (personal resources issue, not databank related).
- Positive is the ability to find what people need without taking the creative services team's time to do so.
- Negative is how long it takes to properly tag each and every photo we upload. If there are ways to automatically add information that would be very helpful and efficient
- We've reduced the amount of time needed to search for images significantly.
- Integration with Office and Adobe has made using images in our work much faster.
- Spend less time looking for creative assets.
- Spend less time figuring out where to save our creative assets.
- Makes it easier for us to update creative assets.
- less time spent locating assets because of meta tags
- ability to re-use assets across the campus for overlapping projects
- personalize portal experiences
- We save a lot of time having a proper collection that is simple to access through a portal.
- We can create styles for after exporting to partners - This saves time too.
- Lifecycle management.
- Time spent locating assets.
- Re-use assets.
- Edit assets.
- We have seen value in people accessing assets securely and by linking directly to an asset from a website.
- Being able to version an asset without getting a new URL.
- Hugely saved time on all photography related queries.
- Stopped non-sense archiving and sharing from internal cloud drive.
- Made sorting of images a piece of cake.
- It's too early in our implementation to have these numbers.
- Enabled to ability to re-use assets by 20%
- Reduced the time spent locating assets by 30%
- Improved relationships through the capacity to leverage shared assets by 10%
- More efficient data gathering
- Easily integrated with our sister company (now on the same platform)
- Can more quickly share items with others (including non-users)
- Greater efficiency on social media.
- Improved design
- Easier sharing of photos
- As of right now, we are still in the process of transitioning so I do not know any details on overall business effectiveness or any hard numbers. But as of now it seems very capable of handling the amount of information my company holds.
- I think it is an amazing perk that you can literally upload any type of file on Canto, and then you can open any type of file on Canto as well. It is amazing to find a product that lets you open and view CAD or DWG files without having the actual program!
- The idea behind having our information more at everyone's fingertips and helping productivity has boosted moral and people are optimistic.