What is Canva?

Canva is a popular, simple online graphic design tool. Users can import images, use templates to design banners and logos, or pay to use Canva's premium stock images/paid templates (elements starting at $1).

Easy to use!

April 26, 2022
I use Canva to make social media posts, to edit personal photos, and to edit graphics for organizations related to my children's after …

Poor customer support

March 15, 2022
I use Canva for marketing materials I recently had 4x6 post cards printed and they did not complete the printing on the back. I have …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Canva, and make your voice heard!

Pro

Introducing Canva

Canva Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Augastin K Lazar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I would say that Canva is best suited for beginner and Novice level applications. If you're an experienced designer, there's definitely no point in using Canva as it's developed for designers entering the field. OR, if you want to experience that flexibility while you designing and let the creativity flow, You shouldn't consider Canva as your Choice. If you feel like delivering quick and not spend your time on deciding on 'How to Design', then you should go for Canva.
Sachin  Kumar Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We offer Social Media Management services to hundreds of clients and for that we use Canva to create as many projects as we can and design templates for each project so that we can create content whenever needed without making much effort.

We also need to create high resolution logo and icons where Canva fails to deliver the quality.
Rahul Raj | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is the platform which has made digital presence better than before. It was a difficult task for us to maintain our social media pages regularly with premium digital content. Because it was a time taking process and takes a lot of time to create one but now with the help of Canva we can create quick posters, videos and gifs just in a few minutes and use them on our promotional ads and online marketing. But whenever I needed to use it on my Android device it was a very difficult task and hard to handle. The app needs to be optimised because the web version works far better than the mobile version. I have also felt that for non-premium users the tools are very limited which can be little bit frustrating sometimes.
Mandy Holverson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is great for a presentation or to help you design a landing page and for social media posts. Canva may not be appropriate to design a logo or other material you need to be completely legally sound. Canva is not a graphic maker, it is a layout service/product. If you want to design logos or graphics from scratch, this is not the program for you or your company.
According to my experience, Canva is a fantastic tool that makes it easy for me to design flyers, posts, and presentations for my University. I've used Canva to save time because of its free templates that are ready-made and ready to use by content creators like me. The interface is easy to use, with a drag-and-drop tool that lets me customize everything from text fonts to composition within seconds.

The mobile app is very clunky and has tended to misformat my designs when moving from device to device. I would expect Canva to have a more robust set of tutorial videos or animated images that are readily available on their website and mobile app. I also want to see Canva seek out other social media types and integrate those into its business model. They should begin to look at how they can use social media as a product they sell or sell one off to people who want it rather than simply provide this service through their website.
August 25, 2022

Canva - For Everyone

Zeel Pandya | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company, we have an activity every Saturday, and for that, we have to design flyers, vouchers, invitation cards, and greeting cards. For that, we don't have any graphic designers. I have some design experience, and Canva makes it easier to do such things for me. Any of our team members can design this stuff for us with the help of Canva.
Suitable: SchoolUniversityMasterEntry and mid-JobsIn these scenarios the ease of creating designs, presentations, infographics, and the variety of resources it provides make it ideal for working with large teams, it should be noted that it includes a wide variety of fonts, as well as colors. Nonsuitable: Due to the lack of some vectors in the free versions, cant be used in more formal scenarios.
I'll always recommend Canva to basically anyone that needs design software, but doesn't have the time, skillset, or budget for actual design software like the Adobe Suite. The most basic account is free and provides so many options for building content. I can't think of another free software that gives you so much room to grow, build, and design. Canva is appropriate for teams of all sizes. As a graphic designer, I thought I'd prefer to continue creating our social media content in PhotoShop, but Canva is much easier and quicker. Plus, I can copy and resize content so everything is guaranteed to fit the social platform that I'm designing for. In PhotoShop, I'd need to know that information off the top of my head.
MD Abu Kawsar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is a basic graphics designing tool that is completely cloud-based software. Therefore. it doesn't require any extra storage capacity or performance in the operating device. Therefore, it is suitable for startups business, students, or any individual to perform basic graphical work. It is not suitable for advanced & professional graphic design.
Cathy Peters | TrustRadius Reviewer
I found Canva by accident and learned how to use it early on in its development so worked through the hiccup stage. I see that Canva is constantly improving the platform and I like that. I have had issues where I needed support and it took quite a while to get help with a project deadline haunting me. I find that using Canva for admin stuff such as invoices isn't very effective. I love the platform overall.
Michele Veiga Morales | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Canva tool is suitable for creating different designs (newsletters, examples of best practices, results, statements), creating collaborator boards, creating personalized invitations and cards, and is an excellent tool to help with personal creativity. If you are going to use the tool to create something with your own image, you may find it difficult to edit the image as this part of the Canva tool is slightly limited in its free version.
April 26, 2022

Canva saves the day!

Canva is suited for small organizations working or needing social media graphics quickly. It can be used to grow your base and put out information about events in a clean and simple way with templates. It is less appropriate for large-scale organizations that need complex graphics. When you download it, it can be blurry a little bit and the elements are not as expansive as you would like.
Stacey Stearns | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Canva in multiple aspects of our communications work and its become an invaluable tool for us to use. We share designs among team members and collaborate on projects within the software. Downloading our projects for use on social media, as a PDF, or in whatever format needed is easy in the software. Our designer can also go in and tighten up aspects of our work and move projects to the next phase faster.
March 10, 2022

I love Canva!

Cecilé de Jager | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is well suited for someone who is not a qualified graphic designer, with a designer's eye and creative strength in visual communication. It is much cheaper than Adobe, Coral Draw, etc. A great alternative for someone who wants professional looking designs on their social media, etc.
In my experience, BAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT + TECHNICAL BUG - I had a problem with connecting Canva PRO account to Facebook and Instagram. I requested help from their customer service, AFTER trying to resolve this issue based on the documentation, which led to an UNEXPECTED error that couldn't be resolved on my end. After contacting the CS, they claim to respond in under 24 hours for PRO users, which has not happened, and only after I have started emailing them and posting on social media on the public view to make them notice my ticket, someone from CS finally emailed me. Do you want to know what they wrote? They wrote that I need to do what I have already done, and mentioned in my ticket, with a screenshot attached, showing that it has been done and that there is an "unexpected error". I responded to this ASAP and I received another guided solution, which had a few steps, one of them was to add a password to an existing account that is currently connected to my Facebook account, because apparently without adding a password you can't disconnect the Facebook account from the Canva account. I feel like that makes no sense, but ok... going forward...I tried to add a password to the account and guess what?! Another unexpected error occurred! Ok, so sh't happens, right? So I've emailed the CS with a SCREENSHOT showing I can't add a password to disconnect the account, and what did she reply to me? OK great now you can disconnect your social account and connect with the other Canva account, disregarding the fact that there is no way to add a password because of an "UNEXPECTED ERROR". Therefore, in my opinion, the CUSTOMER SUPPORT service is very dissatisfying, unprofessional, and I feel makes a very bad experience which makes me lose money because of this! I'm VERY SAD about this.
Augastin K Lazar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is well suited for 1)Content Creation- Canva's commercial usage of licensed material will assist content producers of all types, from bloggers who want to build their own banners to ebook writers who want to make their own book covers from scratch. 2)Marketing Tools- Canva's simple beginner-friendly style makes it easy for marketing teams with minimal graphic design skills (and limited outsourced budgets) to develop advertising and social media images. 3)Social media posts- Canva allows creating visuals for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and many more platforms. 5)Graphic designs- Without prior training or expertise, entrepreneurs and small company owners may handle their own graphic design (for a cheap price). 6)For making Short videos and Animations and Ad creation.
January 22, 2022

Game Changer

Ginger Clay | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you are a marketing professional but not a graphic designer - this is an amazing tool If you are not a marketing professional and need to create design/presentations/graphics - this is an amazing tool If you need ideas for logos, presentations, graphics, etc. - this is an amazing tool
Kevin McLennan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva is suited towards how experienced the user is and what it's needed for. If you're looking to make quick and easy assets that's great! But if you're looking for more complex designs, it'll help you out too. The more you learn the software the more it'll be able to give you!
December 03, 2021

Canva for the WIN!

Canva has become so versatile that you can use it for virtually anything related to graphic design. It allows you to get creative in customizing your content yet also provides thousands of eye-catching templates to work off of and get ideas from. I haven't yet found a time where Canva wasn't suited for something I was specifically trying to do.
The only thing I can't use Canva for is creating transparent backgrounds. But maybe that's just the free version. The free version has a ton of capabilities and is completely usable. You don't need the pro version to get a LOT out of it.
Rekha Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canva's mobile compatibility is one of its best features. Our organization uses Canva to create creative ads to promote our client's products as well as our business services. While Canva is well suited to promote through static ads like banners, flyers, and posts, it falls short when it comes to vector design.