Helpful Platform for Students

January 07, 2022

Great LMS

November 05, 2021

Canvas is a teacher's best friend.

July 29, 2021

• Assignments (41)
  • Course authoring (41)
  • Course catalog or library (38)
  • Mobile friendly (40)
    6.4

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Canvas, and make your voice heard!

What is Canvas?

Instructure is an educational software company based in Sandy, Utah. It is the developer of the Canvas learning management system, which is a comprehensive software package that competes with such systems as Blackboard Learning System, SumTotal and Saba.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://forms.gle/v7YTSKfA6h1RcnSNA

63 people want pricing too

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

What is Moodle?

Moodle is an open source Learning Management System used by educational institutions. The product is administered by the Moodle Project which is led by Moodle HQ in Australia.

Learning Management

What is Canvas?

Canvas LMS is a widely used learning management system by colleges and universities in North America. It delivers dynamic, engaging learning experiences, and boasts 99.99% uptime to ensure instant connection between students and educators.

Canvas Features

Canvas Competitors

Canvas Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesGlobal

Blackboard Learn, Infor Learning Management, and Edmodo are common alternatives for Canvas.

Reviewers rate Assignments highest, with a score of 8.7.

The most common users of Canvas are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Higher Education industry.

Canvas has been integrated into one of my businesses as a virtual and in-person learning tool to help students (and professors!) study more efficiently. It has enabled students of all ages to make significant progress in terms of computer access and independence. It also facilitates fantastic collaboration among teachers and disciplines. We use Canvas in ITI (information technology instrument). It was a collaboration between Amazon Web Services and ITI to learn cloud computing and Amazon Web Services, which is very useful for planning and teaching online classes. We also use the integrated system, which allows us to keep track of studies and student ratings, which is ideal for keeping our study system current.
I am a student so I use it all the time. Teachers use it to post announcements, [assignments], theory, slides, Zoom Meetings[,] and more. It is very handy to have a quick overview of what you're supposed to do with the agenda. It can also be used to give out points and feedback. It has Feedpulse integration so students can leave the result of their feedback in an input field with the date of the day of the feedback. The Teachers then have the option to give it points.
We use it to [communicate] and plan most of the things in terms of tasks and deadlines. The only problems we stumble across are human errors. Canvas itself has almost no problems in my [experience]. Canvas has a lot of [possibility] you can use it for, [besides] that you can implement a lot of external things to make canvas even more [useful].
November 05, 2021

Great LMS

We used it as a Learning Management System--I posted assignments and grades on Canvas, and students could use it to check their daily assignments, future assignments and assessments, and their grades. We used it across the whole school, so it was a uniform way for students and teachers to keep track of assignments and progress.
In my experience, this program is needlessly time consuming and clunky to navigate. I feel the interface is dated and the navigation is illogical. Considering how easy programs like Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams are to set up I am amazed this product is still being used at all. A recent district mandate is requiring that we shift to the Canvas Platform, and setting up my classes, even with the availability of a pre-made template as a starting point, has been nothing short of a nightmare. It is 3am and I have been trying to work around glitches that cause content added to one class to populate in another class casing me to have to go in and out of each class changing these overrides and saving my progress over and over again. That is after spending several hours trying to get it to stop changing ALL of my Quick Button links every time I changed one causing every link to go to the same (internal Canvas) page. School starts Monday, it is Sunday, and I am exhausted and livid. Would NOT recommend.
Chris Wilkey | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using it as a learning management system to teach four courses at Ball State University. All professors will be required to use Canvas starting in the fall semester, but I adopted it early to test and create my courses for the last two semesters. I am also taking a class where we are using it as our learning environment.
Canvas is actually being used by my school. Before we moved to Canvas, we have been used Moodle for years and although it is free, it costs a lot to maintain. So we were looking at different options. Canvas came to our sight very quickly and soo we decided to move to canvas. It has been great so far.
We work with Canvas in our learning platform with the objective of facilitating academic teaching, which is extremely practical for planning and teaching online classes. We also take advantage of the integrated system that allows us to keep track of studies and student evaluations, which is optimal for keeping our study system up to date.
Brett Flitton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Canvas as an education platform. It was integrated with the employees job training and education for the continuing learning program. Canvas is a great platform to combine and aggregate all the learning activities, information and courses. Canvas is used across the local schools in the area and have used it on a number of occasions for that as well.
Canvas has been integrated into one of my companies as a virtual and in person learning platform to streamline learning for students (and teaching for teachers!). Not only does Canvas streamline learning across disciplines, classrooms and settings but also has allowed for students with differing computer access skills to learn how to access information and files within similar electronic organizational structures. It has allowed for bounds of progress in computer access and independence for students of all ages. It also allows for wonderful collaboration between teachers and disciplines.
We use Canvas across our organization - it is the standard learning management system and the only one supported at our institution. It is used by every academic department and is critical for achieving our goal of providing a modern, accessible, and flexible educational environment for our students, faculty, and staff.
Canvas is used by the entire school I am taking classes at. It provides an online instruction module, attendance, grading and file distribution point for users. It seems to be closer to a "one stop shop" for online education than others that are currently available. I am familiar with Canvas, Google Classroom and Skyward.
Devarajulu Ravichandran | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canvas is used across the school as our primary learning management system. We have integrated it with our student information system and setup a templated course shell for every course taught in a semester. Most faculty use it to deliver course materials, schedule, assignments and grading. We have also integrated it with Zoom for video conferencing and that has helped tremendously with student engagement and remote course delivery during the pandemic.
Patrick Woessner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canvas is our LMS for students in grades 5-12 (approximately 1,000 students and 150 faculty). It is the central hub for organizing assignments, sharing content, managing grades, and our current hybrid distance learning model. It is considered an essential technology tool/core application for our institution and students, faculty, and parents rely on it for structuring our academic program.
Justin Harbin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canvas is our institutional learning management system - minimum usage standards such as accurate gradebook set up, attendance, and syllabus upload are mandatory for all coursework. Fully online and blended programs are also offered - it is the only LMS in use at our institution.
Shay Kotian | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canvas is used by most universities. At times Moodles can be used as an alternative. Depending on the requirements of the department. It houses courses in a structured and easy to manage format. Allowing students to proactively do their assignments and access course material with ease. Teachers can create and manage course modules efficiently and with ease. An extremely efficient platform that bridges the communication gap between instructors and students. Its integration with third-party tools makes it easy for the administrator to keep the platform up-to-date with the university requirements. A well thought out idea that is helping millions of students all across the world and improving how education is delivered.
Ashley Milton | TrustRadius Reviewer
At my institution, we use Canvas across the entire campus. We used a different platform when I was a student, so Canvas was an adjustment for me to switch to as a staff member. A colleague of mine suggested Canvas to our central Distance Learning office a few years ago, and the agreed to look into it as an alternative platform. It took a while to implement, but has been great! With the new switch to remote learning due to social distancing, Canvas has been more valuable than ever. We are utilizing it for classes and coursework, as well as organization and information sharing. We are engaging students through video, and sharing resources with constituents. I am certain that we would have a myriad of issues with any other provider during this time. I'm very thankful we have Canvas!
April 22, 2020

Canvas Review

Liza Bondurant | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canvas is a learning management system. It houses everything for all of my courses. This includes my face-to-face, hybrid, and online classes. Canvas helps me organize my course into modules. In each module, I have information pages, discussions, assignments, and assessments. Canvas also includes a calendar and gradebook. Moreover, Canvas has a messaging system so I can message students in my courses.
I use Canvas for a graduate program I am enrolled in. All of my classes and professors work through Canvas to support online learning. It's a useful platform. Most importantly, as someone who has never done online learning before, I find the platform easy to use. It allows me to access all of my school work in one place.
Victoria L. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Canvas is being used by all faculty and students at Kansas State University. It is used to organize classes in an online platform. It allows students to download and upload assignments, and it allows professors to grade assignments as well as organize grades in a timely manner. To conclude, it gives faculty and students alike remote access to the class material.
February 18, 2020

Canvas

At Northwest, Nazarene Canvas is used as our learning management system. I use this at NNU as a student. I previously used Canvas from the admin side, where I was putting in classes and helping teachers create content. Canvas allows teachers to publish their courses online in a user-friendly platform. Students can then engage with the course material and each other throughout the class. Canvas also allows students to submit homework online and for teachers to publish grades so that students can see it.