Our organization utilizes Mozy for cloud backup and DR. Mozy is simple to install, easy to set up, use and administer. Storage volume is …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Carbonite Safe, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- We know our data is backed up and secure. It eliminates worry.
- Questions get answered. The knowledge base has been helpful.
- Affordable and reliable backup software.
- It does not take an IT professional to install and configure.
- May outgrow as business expansion continues.
- Positive impact: we had a server failure two months ago and was back in business within two days of the event by restoring data from Mozy.
- It has saved me the frustration, twice, of losing data when I had a hard drive failure.
- Cheap and effective backups - We prevented employees from losing lots of time, and the company losing money, by helping people retain copies of important files even after equipment failures or theft.
- Requires very little technical knowledge to operate - Once the administrators setup the backup profiles, the users just need to login after the software installed, and Mozy Pro takes care of the rest. When dealing with non-technical people, this is essential.
- Eventually outgrew it - We eventually outgrew Mozy Pro, and other products became more appealing due to a newer interface, more storage, data deduplication, and strong compression being available with those other solutions
- Mozy is very affordable and pricing is very flexible and easy to add more space when needed. This allows us to only pay for what we need.
- Having our critical files protected is the most important thing. The fact that it doesn't cost much for us to do that is just a bonus.
- When my computer crashed in 2013, I had only been in business for 2 years. But if I had lost all those files, that would be have been tens of thousands of dollars worth of work down the drain. So it definitely saved me there.
- Also saves time when transferring between devices, because I can turn it on and let it restore while I go do other things instead of having to put all my files on a hard drive and then transferring them over manually.
- Mozy has reduced the cost of implementing a DR plan while providing a high quality product that we can count on to perform.
- Mozy pro has been a great alternative to using backup tapes but there are other alternatives out there that I would consider before deploying in a business grade network.
- Better customer service though rarely needed.
- Increased efficiency when restores are required of specific files
- Mozy has lead to a negative impact in employee efficiency. This is due to the amount of time spent troubleshooting issues.
- Our customer service to our subsidiary has lacked due to the inability to capture a backup every day.