We are using the Carbonite Server Backup to manage the customers' backup environment. It won't give the report module as expected, but …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Backup to the cloud (20)
Incremental backup identification (19)
Multiple backup destinations (15)
Business application protection (14)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Carbonite Server, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Hybrid Cloud: Ability to store and back up data to the cloud and/or locally.
- Supported: Hot Backup: Backups occur automatically after you set policies with no disruption to normal workflow
- Supported: Image Backup & Bare Metal Restore (BMR): Restore to new, existing or dissimilar hardware from bare metal with no OS or other software installation required
- Supported: Hyper-V Image Backup: Complete snapshot protection with full backup capability
- Supported: Exchange Online Backup: Mailbox-level backup of Exchange Online mail and calendars and cross-user data restore between local Exchange and Office 365
- Supported: Scheduling & Management: Perform full, incremental or differential backups for more efficient, more frequent backups and more relevant recovery points
- Supported: Security & Compliance: Provides 128-bit encryption and Transport Layer Security (TLS) by default, with a 256-bit private key encryption option; supports FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA compliance.
- Supported: Dedicated Support: Call, email or chat with our U.S.-based business support team 7 days a week. With our free valet install, a Carbonite business team member will install and optimize Carbonite Server Backup for your business at no extra charge.
|Supported Languages||English, German|
Bandwidth could be an issue with larger data companies, so an internet based solution would need to be analyzed from the trade-offs of cost and functionality.
For a disaster recovery process of restoring your system at a remote site, EVault makes that process easy and way faster than my previous experiences with rebuilding a system on a different system.
Every time I am asked to restore a file from a backup, if a copy from the last week is acceptable, using EVault is by far the easiest and quickest way to restore a file.
- Excellent for virtual server backup/restore
- Speed of backups is good
- Technical support - telephone support is very good
- Can handle SAP SQL backups well
Easy to retrieve a specific file ... a green screen time machine
Easy to install except for setting up jobs.
Well suited for small businesses as a secondary backup for quick & easy restore of a lost or corrupt file.
Less appropriate for businesses that require high level of data encryption