We packaged carbonite server with the end user product that they provide but we have had issues where the end user site has been down for days at time and backups for both server and user are backing up but we do not the get notification that it was completed for several days. There appears to be latency issues with the mail delivery for completed backups. Additionally, I have used other backup products and find the Carbonite website interface very clunkly and difficult to navigate.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Carbonite Server Backup does not integrate or support any reporting; it is not good at it. We required monthly and quarterly reports for audit. If we fail in that we get fined or we have to pay a certain amount of money to customer. It does not support cloud instances and we are using N2WS for the cloud instances. This is an additional burden for customers.
I trust EVault's product. It has been battle tested and proven. A backup is only as good as its ability to restore. EVault will restore your data when you need it, period.
The company will continue to use eVault because it serves all of the backup requirements the company and our customers have.
Support and consistent functionality of the product are the biggest reasons we would not renew. The biggest reason TO renew would be the quality of the restoration process in a disaster recovery event.
The cost of switching cannot be justified. eVault does what it's supposed to do - quickly backup vital data for immediate restoration.
Carbonite Server (also replacing the former EVault products acquired from Seagate in 2016) is a full backup and discovery solution. Designed to recover anything from a single file to an entire system with the click of a button, Carbonite Server users can protect virtually any type of file on both physical and virtual servers, NAS, SAN and external hard drives. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution assures that users without an IT department and those that are the IT department can rest easy knowing their data is safe. According to the vendor, Carbonite Server is easy to configure and schedule automatic backups (full, incremental and differential) that require zero user interaction. Users can choose local, cloud or hybrid backup targets.
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Hybrid Cloud: Ability to store and back up data to the cloud and/or locally.
- Supported: Hot Backup: Backups occur automatically after you set policies with no disruption to normal workflow
- Supported: Image Backup & Bare Metal Restore (BMR): Restore to new, existing or dissimilar hardware from bare metal with no OS or other software installation required
- Supported: Hyper-V Image Backup: Complete snapshot protection with full backup capability
- Supported: Exchange Online Backup: Mailbox-level backup of Exchange Online mail and calendars and cross-user data restore between local Exchange and Office 365
- Supported: Scheduling & Management: Perform full, incremental or differential backups for more efficient, more frequent backups and more relevant recovery points
- Supported: Security & Compliance: Provides 128-bit encryption and Transport Layer Security (TLS) by default, with a 256-bit private key encryption option; supports FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA compliance.
- Supported: Dedicated Support: Call, email or chat with our U.S.-based business support team 7 days a week. With our free valet install, a Carbonite business team member will install and optimize Carbonite Server Backup for your business at no extra charge.
|Supported Languages||English, German|