We are using the Carbonite Server Backup to manage the customers' backup environment. It won't give the report module as expected, but …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Backup to the cloud (20)10.0100%
- Incremental backup identification (19)10.0100%
- Multiple backup destinations (15)10.0100%
- Instant recovery (16)8.282%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Carbonite Server, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Hybrid Cloud: Ability to store and back up data to the cloud and/or locally.
- Supported: Hot Backup: Backups occur automatically after you set policies with no disruption to normal workflow
- Supported: Image Backup & Bare Metal Restore (BMR): Restore to new, existing or dissimilar hardware from bare metal with no OS or other software installation required
- Supported: Hyper-V Image Backup: Complete snapshot protection with full backup capability
- Supported: Exchange Online Backup: Mailbox-level backup of Exchange Online mail and calendars and cross-user data restore between local Exchange and Office 365
- Supported: Scheduling & Management: Perform full, incremental or differential backups for more efficient, more frequent backups and more relevant recovery points
- Supported: Security & Compliance: Provides 128-bit encryption and Transport Layer Security (TLS) by default, with a 256-bit private key encryption option; supports FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA compliance.
- Supported: Dedicated Support: Call, email or chat with our U.S.-based business support team 7 days a week. With our free valet install, a Carbonite business team member will install and optimize Carbonite Server Backup for your business at no extra charge.
|Supported Languages||English, German|
- Installation of client
- The user interface is clunky.
- Admin console is very slow.
- We have a safety net that we didn't have before.
- Key players are now backed up through an automated system that was easy to silently install.
- The resources used impacted our exchange server negatively and slowed email until it was disabled.
- Code42 (formerly CrashPlan)
- ensuring that our servers are properly backed up
- reliability when it comes to knowing that backups are being executed on the proper schedule as required
- We were able to backup an older systems that is not supported by carbonite by settings backups to be executed by Windows but outputting those backups to a server that carbonite can backup
- we are currently using carbonite server to its full extent within my org
- Product Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Granular restore for application and file level restore are very good and simple
- Web central control is very simple and straight forward for configuration backup
- Director server configuration is easy and simple to setup
- The backup report really needs improvement. It is really pathetic, as it gives wrong information. It is not suitable for auditing.
- The Exchange DAG backup should support instead of configuring each exchange server.
- Cloud infrastructure supports a lot of AWS and Azure instances that are coming up.
- Again, for some time, we had negative impact when they changed the notification setup. We could not get notifications for a long time. They did not inform user about the changes.
- They modified the cloud data access method and users were not aware of this. Previously users had visibility of which data was available at their Base vault.
- We had a disaster in one of our Hyper-v environments because of hardware failure. We could restore complete servers without any trouble or assistance with Evault. It is very easy to restore the VM level. It also take much less time.
- VMware Backup
- Application level backup includes SQL and exchange
- Hyper-V Backup
- Backups directly to cloud
- Virtual Appliance option for Backup storage (ERA)
- CDR to have the yearly DR test
- We have used most of the features and we are waiting for support to cloud instances.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
- Implemented in-house
- There were none.
- Granular restore of files
- Mail level restore or granular level restore of exchange
- VM level restore
- Reports have a lot of incorrect data.
- Large VMs are not supported; it has increased for years now. I think it is better.
- Multi-platform backup.
- Hardware agnostic.
- Length of time for backups to complete because it never has to run a full backup after the first one.
- Support is generally helpful.
- Flexible replication topologies.
- Backup management portal is difficult to manage for hardware/OS upgrades. Not all agents are supported in it either.
- New product support - vSphere 6.5 is still not supported and doesn't work.
- Scheduling backups are too time-consuming compared to other products.
- Finding the log file from email alerts is almost impossible. Log file names on the Director are too generic and no identifier in the name.
- VMware backups provide no way of centrally showing what VMs are backed up. You have to use the notes of the backup job and manually check each VM.
- Overall product management is complex. Many different components that work together but there can be 3 or 4 places to check for problems.
- Backup reporting is there but requires yet another component to be installed.
- Deduplication only on a per job level.
- We only have to support one backup platform - so reduced employee time and software/hardware costs.
- Overall works well and we don't have to spend a lot of time on it because we have little change with servers.
- Lack of new product support has held us back on some upgrades.
- It is very easy to select shared network drives. If you have it mapped on your profile, it finds them just as you find them each day as you use the network drives.
- Click and go!
- The screen is very easy to understand.
- I love how you can validate your backup.
- I can do a quick restore to an external local hard drive to test my data being backed up.
- I would love for Carbonite to backup my VMs from server 2012 R2 datacenter.
- If a drive is not properly mapped, it won't let me browse to find it.
- You must have your network drives mapped properly for it to find them for a backup.
- The cost is very fair.
- With the compression, it helped hold down my backup costs.
- Did not have to invest in a bunch of equipment to use.