Reviews (1-4 of 4)
March 10, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
CareLogic is our sole health record for client information. It is used by our agency as whole to schedule appointments, document services provided, prescribe medication, and communicate across the agency regarding client information. The integrations within the system allow us to bill the insurance provider and report services to the state in compliance with our contracts.
- Schedule based- the schedule is easy to use.
- Documentation tied to appointment- no question regarding what to complete when a client comes in.
- Prescription software integration with PDMP- no need to check state sites.
- Auto-save documentation- if your internet connection goes out, all is lost.
- Inability to privilege parts of the electronic health record based on role without rigorous setup.
- Reporting is slow and you cannot report on everything in the system.
- Editing forms means creating a copy of the form and making changes- old copies of the form cannot be removed.
- Menu system is hover based- you can easily click the wrong thing.
- There is no way to search the entire menu system.
- There is no way to merge a client's chart if a duplicate is made.
- System administration is only simple items, any thing else you must submit a support ticket.
CareLogic is a fairly low-cost EHR. It would work well for a small practice/agency where you will be focused on one thing. Agencies with multiple areas (i.e. outpatient, inpatient, case management) should use caution as it is difficult to ensure a user is only accessing the information they should have access to. The ability to manage many different types of programs is difficult with this system. Any agency looking to be able to report on their data should look elsewhere.
Read this authenticated review
The customer support at Qualifacts is great. When you have an issue you can submit a ticket to support and they're on top of getting things straightened out and always available by phone as well. The struggle with the overall support is it doesn't seem like the needs of the users are heard. When you ask for what should be a simple fix or something that seems the system is missing, it gets labeled an Enhancement Request which is where requests go to pasture.
- CareLogic is good at keeping summaries of clients on each page. At one glance, I'm able to see most of the necessary information for a client such as their picture, insurance, plan, and links to relevant notes.
- I've never tried the CareLogic mobile application, however, if it is anything as convenient as CareLogic being hosted in the cloud then it would be a great asset. Being that CareLogic is hosted in the cloud I can access it from a few select devices approved by the system.
- CareLogic needs to update its user interface. Outside of the fact that it looks like it's running on the Windows 2000 operating system, navigating takes a massive effort. Nothing seems to be where you would think it would be, however, if you favorite the items you use the most, they are only two to three clicks away.
- Reporting functionality is terrible. Without an intimate knowledge of how the reports are configured, moving our billing data from CareLogic to our accounting system produces errors every month. We have had to hire a consultant to help us figure out the errors and why they keep occurring which brings me to my next point.
- Customer service could be better. In my experience, I'm typically on hold and when I finally get someone on the phone they have no idea what the issue is. Since we use CareLogic throughout our organization, any amount of wait time on getting the system fixed causes massive chaos because we use the system to make notes in our client files.
Read this authenticated review
CareLogic is great if you don't have the budget to purchase a better system. Although I've never used any other system of this type, I still would not recommend it to a colleague. I believe that the only thing it does well is archiving all your patient data.
September 07, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
- CareLogic is very intuitive and easy to navigate.
- CareLogic is designed for behavioral health users, so unnecessary paperwork and data is eliminated.
- CareLogic is web-based, so it can be accessed from anywhere.
- CareLogic is customizable for each organization's unique needs.
- It is difficult to obtain information from CareLogic for use in customized reports if the user is not familiar with building reports in Pentaho.
- Rather than having the capability to transmit electronic prescriptions on its own, CareLogic relies on an external program to do so. Prescribers must exit out of the document they are in so that they can access the external electronic prescription system. This system has an additional cost. It would be nice if it could be an all in one system.
- While the company is usually eager to respond to customer needs, something always seems to be broken or need updating in regards to functionality. This may be a function of our agency's location and the unusual needs we have due to our state mandates, but it is tiring to always have to worry about a workaround.
Read Stephanie Barnhart's full review
CareLogic is well suited for large organizations who have the financial means to employ their own IT and reporting staff. It is very capable of handling a number of different programs within an agency and is usually very quick, especially when considering the amount of data their servers hold. Smaller organizations and independent practitioners may find it to be too cost-prohibitive.
August 15, 2017
Score 3 out of 10
- Accommodates for mental health clinicians and medical staff charting needs.
- Has MAR option for logging medications.
- Has ability to track and utilize care plans for patients.
- Not the best MAR for nursing staff to administer medications.
- Information does not spill over or connect very easily from different areas of the platform.
Read this authenticated review
CareLogic may work best for only mental health professionals requiring basic or minimum charting needs. It is not ideal for medical staff.
CareLogic Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is CareLogic?
Categories: Medical Office EMR & EHR