CareLogic Reviews

Do you work for this company?

• CareLogic is good at keeping summaries of clients on each page. At one glance, I'm able to see most of the necessary information for a client such as their picture, insurance, plan, and links to relevant notes.
  • I've never tried the CareLogic mobile application, however, if it is anything as convenient as CareLogic being hosted in the cloud then it would be a great asset. Being that CareLogic is hosted in the cloud I can access it from a few select devices approved by the system.
  • CareLogic needs to update its user interface. Outside of the fact that it looks like it's running on the Windows 2000 operating system, navigating takes a massive effort. Nothing seems to be where you would think it would be, however, if you favorite the items you use the most, they are only two to three clicks away.
  • Reporting functionality is terrible. Without an intimate knowledge of how the reports are configured, moving our billing data from CareLogic to our accounting system produces errors every month. We have had to hire a consultant to help us figure out the errors and why they keep occurring which brings me to my next point.
  • Customer service could be better. In my experience, I'm typically on hold and when I finally get someone on the phone they have no idea what the issue is. Since we use CareLogic throughout our organization, any amount of wait time on getting the system fixed causes massive chaos because we use the system to make notes in our client files.
CareLogic is great if you don't have the budget to purchase a better system. Although I've never used any other system of this type, I still would not recommend it to a colleague. I believe that the only thing it does well is archiving all your patient data.
Stephanie Barnhart profile photo
  • CareLogic is very intuitive and easy to navigate.
  • CareLogic is designed for behavioral health users, so unnecessary paperwork and data is eliminated.
  • CareLogic is web-based, so it can be accessed from anywhere.
  • CareLogic is customizable for each organization's unique needs.
  • It is difficult to obtain information from CareLogic for use in customized reports if the user is not familiar with building reports in Pentaho.
  • Rather than having the capability to transmit electronic prescriptions on its own, CareLogic relies on an external program to do so. Prescribers must exit out of the document they are in so that they can access the external electronic prescription system. This system has an additional cost. It would be nice if it could be an all in one system.
  • While the company is usually eager to respond to customer needs, something always seems to be broken or need updating in regards to functionality. This may be a function of our agency's location and the unusual needs we have due to our state mandates, but it is tiring to always have to worry about a workaround.
CareLogic is well suited for large organizations who have the financial means to employ their own IT and reporting staff. It is very capable of handling a number of different programs within an agency and is usually very quick, especially when considering the amount of data their servers hold. Smaller organizations and independent practitioners may find it to be too cost-prohibitive.
Read Stephanie Barnhart's full review
  • Accommodates for mental health clinicians and medical staff charting needs.
  • Has MAR option for logging medications.
  • Has ability to track and utilize care plans for patients.
  • Not the best MAR for nursing staff to administer medications.
  • Information does not spill over or connect very easily from different areas of the platform.
CareLogic may work best for only mental health professionals requiring basic or minimum charting needs. It is not ideal for medical staff.

Claims management (1)
3.0
Multi-location support (2)
2.0
Calendar interface (1)
Charting / document management (3)
5.0
Templates (3)
2.1
Mobile/tablet support (1)
Fax integration (1)
Integration with other EMR and PM systems (1)
Workflow automation (2)
Customization (2)
E-prescribing (2)
2.0
HIPAA compliance (3)
Role-based permission levels (3)
1.2
Data backups and redundancy (3)
5.0
Local mode / networking failsafe (2)
1.1
Task tracking (2)
Specialty-specific workflows (2)
1.0
Multi-office / multi-physician capabilities (3)
3.0