Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- Incredible workflow automation.
- One click easy integration with various e-commerce platforms.
- Beautiful user interface that allows for quick on-boarding.
- Super expensive.
- When there's a glitch, prepare to call IT since it's not an easy fix.
- Fixed contracts. If Amazon decides to ban you from their platform, there's a huge risk in having to continue paying.
- Ability was good at organizing who was selling which products
- I liked the summaries of how my products were doing and the snap shot ability was great to building presentations for my management
- Real time price changes would be nice, with text alerts when a price drops or jumps XX%
- Need better onboarding to get us up and running faster
- Need more help in getting people up to speed when we have turnover
- Allows for multiple pricing options.
- Is the communication conduit to the marketplaces.
- Allows us to sort, filter add attributes, and organize our inventory.
- It is a seasoned system so you work with "tiers" of support.
- Our business rules seem too complicated for their system at times, needs the ability to ship by zone.
- It is not meant to be a shipping system. It's slow and does not have many advantages.
- Complex, Yet Simple Navigational Interface: ChannelAdvisor is a beast, but navigating through their platform is relatively straightforward. The overall heirarchy is very well put together.
- One Feed to Rule Them All: With ChannelAdvisor, all we have to do is connect our inventory to their system once. Instead of having to construct and connect dozens of different product feeds to our internal inventory system, we simply connect to ChannelAdvisor and use the same single feed to build out all others' website templates.
- Product Mapping Made Easy: Mapping product attribute data across a multitude of unique online marketplaces and digital marketing sites can seem like a daunting task. ChannelAdvisor does a great job of simplifying this process, providing easy-to-understand and manage feed templates containing helpful descriptions and categorization.
- Business Rules and Lookup Lists: I use these all the time when "transforming" our raw inventory data to the specifications of any given feed. They are extremely helpful and super easy to build.
- Efficient Product Optimization: Instead of having to deal with the time-consuming task of making minute changes to thousands and thousands of skus, ChannelAdvisor allows you to automate these changes in a matter of minutes. It's much more scalable for our business.
- Customer Support: Unfortunately ChannelAdvisor does not currently provide a phone number for their support team. Everything is done strictly through email. While you can submit support tickets with "urgent" or "high priority" settings, response is almost always a little lackadaisical. It would amazing if they had a direct line to call or chat feature to make solving technical issues more efficient.
- Training/Strategy Resources: Don't get me wrong, ChannelAdvisor provides plenty of resources to educate users on its platform. It may be personal preference, but the organizational layout seems a little outdated and not as easy-to-navigate as its normal user interface.
- Optimization History Log: Battling feed errors in ChannelAdvisor tends to happen a lot. It would be great to have some sort of change history log for users to reference when optimizing feeds. In my experience, it's tough to pinpoint which changes in particular actually solved or caused an issue to occur.
- Scales very well - able to handle thousands of product listings with no lag.
- Constantly implementing new marketplaces.
- Stays up to date with all changes to marketplace templates and SEM revisions.
- Would love to see integration with even more marketplaces.
- Reporting could use some improvement.
It gives us one, easy to use platform to control our inventory. If we did not use ChannelAdvisor, we would have to log into the backends of these marketplaces and doing manual editing and monitoring. This of course would involve a great deal of manpower to accomplish. ChannelAdvisor helps us keep our staff smaller and our business more automated.
One of the big perks of ChannelAdvisor is it's ability to monitor and reprice for competition on Amazon. This has been key to our success on Amazon.
- Centralized and automated management of large inventories across multiple channels.
- On the fly repricing of products on Amazon to help keep us competitive.
- Intuitive feeds for Google shopping helping keep our products more visible.
- Simple, easy to use interface
- Knowledge and expertise in the field of online retail that they help all their users to understand.
- Faster repricing on Amazon
- Better technical support. Tickets often take far to long to be closed.
- Fix bugs and glitches that often cause slowness using the software.
It is not well suited if you are only selling on your own website as it is really intended to be used for marketplaces.
- More robust integration with a number of marketplaces than its competitors
- Better user interface
- Heavily skewed towards pushing Amazon as the primary marketplace. Should be balanced better across a wider portfolio of marketplaces
- While the UI is user friendly, accommodating for varying use cases required significant technical intervention from CA support teams. Teams are not always in sync on how best to complete the requested tasks.
- Reporting data does not seem to sync with eBay or enterprise data. Large amount of time spent trying to identify why CA's reporting is different
- Organized complete inventory and distributed the products to multiple websites (ebay, amazon.com, google, etc)
- Automatically created a catalog of inventory with nice looking theme that updates quantity as items are sold
- Lack of customization, documentation, tutorials, support for the premium webstore
- Lack of innovation. My client was told that the basic web store was being replace by the premium web store so they needed to upgrade. In my opinion the basic web store was actually much more flexible and robust than the premium web store. Now (it has been less than 2 years) they are making my client switch from the premium web store to "Shopify" and they are charging more money for this. My client was charged to upgrade each time and the process to upgrade was expensive, time consuming, and very convoluted. ChannelAdvisor needs to invest in their technology and migrate data for ChannelAdvisor changes technology. But the experience as an end user is very frustrating since the way of doing things keep changing and not always for the better result for the customer.
- Channel Advisor needs better support. Help Desk, knowledge base, etc. there are a lot of things you can do with ChannelAdvisor but it is my experience that nothing is very straight forward and there are many different potential problems you will run into and ChannelAdvisor points the finger at "Google" or "Amazon" or "Ebay" instead of helping solve a problem from end to end.
- It is quite expensive for what it does. I would not have advised my customer to use their product but they were so entrenched that they had no other choice.
ChannelAdvisor Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is ChannelAdvisor?
ChannelAdvisor (NYSE: ECOM) is an e-commerce cloud platform whose mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. For two decades, ChannelAdvisor has worked to help brands and retailers worldwide improve their online performance by expanding sales channels, connecting with consumers, optimizing their operations for peak performance, and providing actionable analytics to improve competitiveness. The vendor boasts thousands of customers who use ChannelAdvisor to power their sales and optimize fulfillment on channels such as Amazon, eBay, Google, Facebook, Zalando, and Walmart.
ChannelAdvisor Videos (2)
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
ChannelAdvisor Technical Details