Additionally, we can see prior week's trends. …
We've discovered new traffic sources and the benefits of certain aggregators …
We leverage popularity with a Chartbeat API to serve recirculation content based on what's most popular using Chartbeat metrics.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Chartbeat, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Chartbeat, a content intelligence platform for publishers, empowers media companies to build loyal audiences with real-time and historical editorial analytics across desktop, social, and mobile platforms. Chartbeat helps digital publishing organizations understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged.
The vendor boasts Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 70+ countries, Chartbeat’s real-time and historical dashboards, in-depth headline testing and in-page optimization tools, and robust reporting, to help the world’s leading media organizations understand, measure, and build business value from the attention earned by their written and video content. Chartbeat offers a Mobile app, Slack integration, spike alerts, and flexible API, so that users can always be ready to take action with data at their fingertips.
- Supported: Real-time and historical analytics dashboards
- Supported: Headline Testing
- Supported: Image Testing
- Supported: Reporting Tools
- Supported: Raw Data Pipeline
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Real-time analytics
- Server speed/if the server is up
- Traffic sources
- Geo-location of sources
- The source of traffic sources could be a little more clear - where do "direct" links come from?
- The most positive impact is that it gives us realtime outage emails — faster than our server provider does. So we know within seconds if one of our sites is down. This has proven an invaluable part of Chartbeat
- Another great feature of Chartbeat is the multiple sites dashboard, so I can see traffic to all my sites at once.
- When our site goes down, ChartBeat will tell us immediately (via email)
- We can tell how many people are on our site(s), and from where
- It acts as a server tool — it tells us when our site goes down
- It also tells us when someone is accessing our site via referral traffic that we might not have seen otherwise
- We could expand and keep track of it more to see who is on our site in real-time
- We could compare it with Google Analytics to see a bigger picture of our sites traffic
- Product Usability
- It tells you how many people are simultaneously reading a single article at any given time.
- This information helps us determine which stories to link to and promote due to level of interest.
- We can see what social media sites are referring readers to our articles and photo galleries.
- Sometimes story headlines are duplicated or unidentifiable.
- Improved web depth because it allows us to choose appropriate articles to link to so users continue to click to other content on our site.
A nice alternative to GA. Does some real-time analytics in a unique way.
- Real-time data is Chartbeat's strength. Their "NOW" dashboard gives you actionable information.
- Chartbeat can show me multiple sites in one view.
- A nice alternative to Google Anaytics.
- You're going to need additional metrics data to look at trends and patterns across periods of time.
- I'm not a huge fan of the "fuel-gauge" type of chart for data reporting.
- I'd like Chartbeat to go deeper into the data. Let me drill down a few levels and give me the same beautiful graphics.
- Using real-time analytics you can make quick adjustments to new content that is not getting the expected uptick.
- Identify content that is trending up, and give it a boost.
- Get a good view of your audience and activity on multiple sites at once.
I currently use Gaug.es. It's cheaper and a bit more simplified. But I like it's quick read format that allows me to view all 10 of my clients sites at once.
- Chartbeat excels in providing real-time data about a website 24/7.
- Chartbeat highlights your social media activity, and it even lets you link your Twitter handle to the site so you can keep constant track of your presence on Twitter.
- Chartbeat lists the top search terms sending people to your site, allowing you to maximize your SEO plans.
- Chartbeat tells you what your top pages are, but it would be even more helpful if it also showed what pages people are exiting your site from the most. That way, you could focus on creating better links on said pages to keep people on your site longer.
- Chartbeat shows you what percent of your site's visitors are on mobile devices, but it doesn't show which pages are more popular on mobile devices compared to computers and vice versa.
- Chartbeat lists the number of social concurrent visits to your site at any given time, but it would be more beneficial if that number was broken down by each social channel (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Positive: Chartbeat increased our efficiency responding to chatter on Twitter due to its social stream feature.
- Positive: Chartbeat allowed us to increase our content that appealed to European visitors to the site by matching each visitor's geographic location with the page he or she was viewing.
- Provides real-time data
- Allows user to track specific platforms
- Allows user to analyze geographical targets
- Incorporate more specific social platform tracking
- Campaign and hashtag tracking
- Provide data for more then just the past 30 days
- We can tell what kind of content does well throughout the day
- Very specific with real-time content tracking
- Provides excellent resources for overall content data