Reviews (1-4 of 4)
March 12, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
We use ChartMogul to track the changes in revenue from our customers. It allows us to see how how the revenue is increasing or decreasing by month, year, etc. very easily.
If you are a manager or department head, it's a great way to track how your team is doing individually with their customers and the recurring revenue. It helps with forecasting too.
Read this authenticated review
November 26, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
ChartMogul helps us drill down metrics such as churn rate, MRR, ARR, # of subscribers, and so much more. It is simple and easy to use. There are a number of segments to choose from which gives us the flexibility to see the data in many different ways. The MRR breakdown is one of my favorite features because we can get a weekly, monthly, quarterly view of where MRR is coming from.
- Love the UI and it's easy to use.
- Customer lists let users see customers broken down by size, geography, renewal, payment status, and more.
- Little training required for users once it's set up so a number of people in the company can use it easily.
- The graphing component inside the customer's account displays trends in subscription usage which is really helpful.
- Sometimes the MRR can be off.
It is a great tool for any company looking to view and sort metrics. I use it every day!
Read Mae Ports's full review
Support has always been quick and helpful.
October 16, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use ChartMogul to extract high-level insights from our customer subscription data, including information on customer churn, sales cycle length, etc. This information helps inform business and product decisions and also gives us broader insight into how our customer and subscription data has changed over time. ChartMogul replaced a number of internally-built tools to address the same problem and has unified the solution in one place.
- Data Ingestion - Because we use a payment processor that ChartMogul understands, they are able to ingest the data automatically and process it with almost no input from us.
- Analysis and Insights - Once we got our data into ChartMogul, we immediately started seeing some patterns in our data that hadn't previously been apparent to us.
- Customizability - ChartMogul makes it fairly easy to customize and extend the dashboard (and to enrich our data manually via the API).
- Currency fluctuations - ChartMogul does a great job of converting our payment currency into our operating currency for us, however it doesn't yet support using this currency data to show us how fluctuations in these exchange rates affect changes in our metrics over time.
- API coverage - There are currently things that are possible via the dashboard (for example, filtered searches), which are not yet exposed in the customer-facing API.
- Flexibility - We've found a few areas where ChartMogul's expectations differ from our own for what our data means and how to interpret it, and we've had to jump through a few hoops to resolve this.
ChartMogul is really a no-brainer if you're currently processing payments through one of the payment processors that they are built to work with, as the barrier to entry and the required work to get your data into the app and start seeing analysis is exceptionally low. I also expect that in large enough organizations, you may have internal teams that are already generating the kind of data that ChartMogul produces for us, but in our case, it added a lot of new info that we hadn't been able to get at without doing manual analysis.
Read this authenticated review
Our interactions with ChartMogul customer support have generally been pretty attentive and thoughtful, and they've typically done their best to get us the info we needed, even if meant escalating our issue beyond the front-line customer support people we've dealt with.
ChartMogul is used across the whole organization as it is a reference point for company updates. However, not everyone in the company is an active user of the software. Most use it for reference while only some departments interact with ChartMogul to pull reports, do data mining, or set up integrations.
- Tracks MRR
- Graph graphics
- Tracks customer churn
- ChartMogul doesn't always integrate both ways well. When data is modified that has been previously pushed to ChartMogul, bugs can occur.
- I haven't seen an A/R turnover report but this would be helpful to have.
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
ChartMogul is a great analytics tool, especially if a company really is interested in metrics like churn and MRR. Some companies may not be as orientated around these KPIs, in which case ChartMogul wouldn't be as useful. ChartMogul takes a lot of the data entry out of making actionable reports that are easy to understand.
ChartMogul Scorecard Summary
German company ChartMogul offers their subscription analytics and revenue recognition application to companies relying on their subscriber base. The application integrates with a number of popular subscription billing services (Stripe, Braintree, Recurly, etc.).
Categories: Operational Analytics
ChartMogul Technical Details