Chatter Reviews

May 07, 2021
Yolanda Pouwels | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Chatter] is the platform that is being used to help our organization for communication purposes. Through
Chatter I easily share the data and files even we can connect with the main
body for the new training sessions. This tool is the one window solution that
let you connect with your employees, your customers, and the experts for expert decisions.
  • Chatter has connected us on one platform where we mutually work for the uplift of our organization it has provided me with amazing features by which I can easily boost up my business campaigns and I can engage my team in an effective way.
  • This tool is the medium for each member to easily communicate and discuss their business ideas so that we can draft the best sales plan.
  • Its mobile application is worthy to use which provides me the real-time update about the current working status of my team members and make it feasible for me to track their work.
  • I do not have any major issue, but there are some features which are very difficult to use and learn.
  • Salesforce always provides efficient services with great results. Chatter is an amazing tool of Salesforce which is a fully-featured and advanced kind of tool.
  • I appreciate its team which keeps on organizing this tool amazingly.
[Chatter] is the tool that makes our relations
stronger. It provides advanced ways of communication. I have trained my many
team members because of the easy features and functions of this tool, It is very user-friendly. Give it a try if you want to improve your relations with your
customers. It will surely enhance the productivity of your organization.
Read Yolanda Pouwels's full review
December 04, 2020
We have a couple of different departments utilizing Chatter. It keeps us in touch with each other and helps recognize and celebrate wins within departments. It's a great communication tool to stay connected with each other. I think it's a great tool to communicate with each other and stay up to date.
  • Very well organized
  • Easy to utilize
  • Promotes team communication
  • I've experienced a lot issues logging in to Chatter
  • Did not experience a lot support with figuring out log in issues
Chatter is a great tool for select teams to stay in touch with each other. It's also great for smaller companies to be used company-wide. If there are certain departments that need to keep in touch with each other I would recommend Chatter to them, as it's a great option for staying connected.
I had a bunch of log in issues with getting into Chatter and had to figure it out on my own. The admin of the system tried to help reset the password but I still experienced issues beyond that.
March 12, 2020
Siddarth Upadhya | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Salesforce as our CRM so undoubtedly Chatter plays a great role when it comes to sharing any updates, leads, and opportunities within our sales team. I need to keep track of all activities on my team so Chatter does wonders connecting us securely within our groups. The best part is that it can be used on various platforms, so being mobile with the best UI makes it better than others.
  • Keeping track of all activities.
  • Helps sharing files or syncing any data.
  • Its being mobile is best for our sales managers to keep an track while traveling.
  • Showing a score for the level of opportunity helps to prioritize the sales funnel.
  • Didn't find many cons as it's doing its job best.
  • It works best for mid size to large companies only.
  • Some lighter version for small companies with some features and a cheaper cost could be an added advantage for small companies
  • Overall, we didn't find any cons as it's working its best for us.
Being a Sales Team we need to keep track of all the recent activities of our sales reps. It works best by showing all the activities of your team members. Team members can connect with each other no matter what location they are at. They can share any updates, files or data among others. It helps to keep track of any follow-ups or opportunities. And one need not be logged into a system to track everything. Being on a mobile platform is great so one can't miss any action even while traveling.
Simply the best thing to have. What else you can expect from a sales perspective if you have a single login that gives you real-time tracking of all the sales activities? Not only can you have a look but also take actions or give commands to get any action done to respective members. Now we don't have any excuse to miss anything.
Read Siddarth Upadhya's full review
February 29, 2020
Joe Keating | TrustRadius Reviewer
Chatter is used as a centralized source to track opportunity notes and progress within Salesforce. We use it collaboratively across our demand generation, and sales organization to coordinate who will reach out with what and when. It helps our teams stay organized across the different disciplines and make sure we're staying top of mind with the prospect.
  • Collaboration
  • Easy to read
  • File sharing
  • Not robust
  • Only Salesforce users can access
Chatter is best suited for collaboration between colleagues and teams within Salesforce. Account notes and opportunity notes can be quickly shared, and sales executives have visibility into account and opportunity movement. The tool can get difficult to read through once the account or opportunity has had a significant amount of activity.
I haven't had any issues using the Chatter feature. I have not had to use Salesforce's customer service for this tool, so I cannot speak to how that service is. Overall, it's been easy to use, intuitive, and has not been a source of problems for our organization.
Read Joe Keating's full review
February 22, 2020
Alex Brielmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
Before I began using Chatter in this role, the organization as a whole relied far too heavily on Chatter. It was used as a place to store important files, conversations, and information that should be saved in easily searchable areas, preferably files or something outside of Salesforce. Chatter should only be used as a notification system, checking up on tasks, sending the praise, and other non-important matters. We have changed our use habits to more directly match that idea, but some team members still use it far too often.
  • Quick way to check on tasks
  • Public way to commend teammates
  • Not searchable
  • Sometimes dates are grouped into months, rather than showing the exact date (about a month ago).
If I had the chance to speak directly with decision-makers at Salesforce, I would tell them to dissolve Chatter completely. The system is archaic and minimally helpful, and other software in the "chat" industry (Slack) is dominating it. If I had to describe a scenario in which Chatter is useful, it would be that it can be used to set automatic and manual reminders when a task is either due or needs to be completed. That's about the only thing I use it for.
Since I assume Salesforce knows that nobody really likes or wants to use Chatter, they (smartly) probably don't put much support behind it. I don't think I've ever reached out for assistance regarding Chatter, but I also haven't seen any vast improvements in its usability or structure since I started working with Salesforce.
Read Alex Brielmann's full review
February 22, 2020
Brett Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Chatter is used daily as our primary CRM system to better manage our data, update files and client requests, and keep heavy surveillance on our target goals with daily revenue updates. Chatter is utilized by everyone within my company and is the reason we can put up such consistent revenues each month.
  • Critical Communication Accessibility
  • Effective Notification Settings
  • Lack of built-in Dialer
  • Occasional unneeded task reminders
Daily, we utilize Salesforce to receive application and deal submission updates. For example, we use Salesforce Chatter every morning to communicate between sales representatives and underwriters on where current submissions stand. Without Salesforce Chatter, we would be unable to receive as efficient and quick updates for stressful deals we are continually working. The user-accessibility that Chatter gives each representative in my office is crucial in organizing, qualifying, and best managing our massive amounts of data.
On the very few occasions, we've run into technical difficulties when using Chatter, we have been able to contact customer support very easy to resolve those issues right away. The quick, efficient support system Salesforce offers works very well and on the ball to fix whatever issues you may encounter. Honestly, we've only had to contact Salesforce support a handful of times in all of our nine years as a business. This is another reason I would highly recommend using Salesforce chatter over other programs.
Read Brett Horton's full review
March 04, 2020
We use Chatter for technical questions and capabilities of our software. It is a space where Sales Reps can post questions to understand functionality. This could be asking about ERP integrations, SSO capabilities, etc. The main departments that use Chatter are Sales Reps, Support individuals, and Solutions Consultants. It is a great way to have questions answered and a search so the same questions isn't brought up all the time.
  • Easy to see answers to questions.
  • Does a great job of allowing users to add links or PowerPoints to highlight answers.
  • Able to break down barriers of having reps across the nation.
  • It is not always easy to Search for former Topics.
  • This is more how we use it but Groups should be easier to navigate.
  • Notifications.
If you have many people in the same organization that will have similar questions it is great for providing direction of where to find answers. I don't feel this is the best place if you are wanting instant messages and many comments on one question. This is generally best used to pose a questions and have one or two best practice answers from your org.
If I ever came to a situation where i needed help they do a very good job of getting back to us quickly to explain our error or why we are not seeing something. The support is quick to help provide groups or teams if you seek. Fortunately it is user friendly so I rarely need support
April 04, 2020
Essentially the entire organization uses Chatter because of our use in Salesforce. Chatter is a great way to keep things organized, communicate directly in SFDC, and stay on top of our daily tasks. We have other ways to message each other internally, but sometimes it is nice (when it is Salesforce related) to be able to talk directly in Salesforce, and it leads to faster response time and things getting done within Salesforce at a more effective rate.
  • Chatter connects us internally quickly and efficiently.
  • Chatter helps us to maintain Salesforce hygiene.
  • Chatter helps us to keep track of what we need to get done.
  • Chatter can be difficult to understand. I'm sure there are plenty of features I've never used.
  • Chatter can be difficult to come back to and check, things move around sometimes.
  • Chatter can take more time than other conversation methods.
For those that use Salesforce (a pre-requisite of Chatter), you'll have the need to communicate about Salesforce topics often. Most of the time, Chatter is a great way to do this, as you can tag each other and comment all within Salesforce, rather than having to use external/additional applications. However, if you're a smaller company, or a company that uses other messaging apps frequently, you may find that people check those apps more than Chatter, and it may be easier to talk through those means.
I haven't had to use support often, but when I have Salesforce was very responsive. Like with all things Salesforce, it is easy to use and doesn't have too many issues, so I don't think that people will have to use support often, but if so, they are easy to work with and helpful within the product.
February 11, 2020
Our operations and sales department have started using Chatter to communicate across departments and to have a centralized place for important communications.
  • Allows several contributors
  • Centralized communication
  • Chatter has been very helpful. I do not have any feedback for how they could work differently.
Chatter is well suited for communication within a department or across departments and to provide a board for discussions and announcements.
I have not had ro reach out for support, but chats are readily available as needed.
January 02, 2020
Tyler Lyerly | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by our Sales and Marketing teams to communicate minor announcements and updates. Like a forum for communication within the company.
  • Organized look.
  • Provides details with dates and times of communication.
  • File size limits.
  • Lots of empty space on screen.
It is well suited for product or program announcements and updates. Any kind of informal communication within an organization is good to post on Chatter. Major communication subjects such as price increases or any employment status changes within the company should be communicated somewhere else.
I haven't really needed any support because I have not had any issues requiring support.
Read Tyler Lyerly's full review
November 08, 2019
Gideon Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Chatter is used throughout the organization for anyone who deals with customer or sales-facing activities. It allows the user to communicate within the product and specifically allows for opportunity specific conversations between Support teams (finance, deal management, legal, etc...) to share information within an opportunity, as well as discuss existing tickets within Salesforce on the platform.
  • It simplifies modes of communication.
  • Increases the speed of internal services within Salesforce.
  • Allows for easy, traceable communication at the opportunity, contact or account level with support.
  • Hard to recognize Chatter is even running in the background.
  • Clunky and unintuitive.
  • Many of the features seem useless, as a sales rep I wouldn't interact with it if I didn't have to.
Initially, our Chatter integration was fairly poor. It was a useless feature that I barely recognized post-rollout.

We evolved in our usage of the software and it has been fairly beneficial. I'm able to keep internal communications around a specific deal or opportunity on the page in Salesforce. I'm able to refer to it at any time on the specific page without needing to hunt long.
I haven't requested support from the Chatter team, because of this I don't have a strong idea one way of how the customer support for Chatter works. Our Salesforce administrators internally are handling the majority of the requests that we have within the software. Because of this, I don't have an idea one way or the other how the customer support here operates.
Read Gideon Carter's full review
October 28, 2019
Mauricio Belmonte Mireles | TrustRadius Reviewer
Chatter is being used mainly by the sales department, other departments such as customer success, sales ops, and legal. Others have access but don't use it as much. In the sales department, we use it to communicate inside the Salesforce platform and it makes easy to refer to contacts, leads, opportunities, and accounts without leaving SFDC.
  • Communicating with team members inside SFDC.
  • Having direct reference to leads, opportunities and/or accounts.
  • Keeps a record of all the related communications.
  • Personalizable view. The look and feel are very old.
  • You need to go to SFDC to reply.
  • Usage of emojis.
Chatter only works with Salesforce so the use is limited to Salesforce users. You can not communicate with external people. It works great for the Salesforce related things, pulling the chatter from the CRM is convenient when referring to prospects or clients and to have the direct link in the same place.
I have never found myself in the need of using help for Chatter, it works pretty well and I receive regular notifications in my email, I usually respond via SFDC and also from the mail and always works smooth. SFDC platform works very well pretty much all the time and has good maintenance.
Read Mauricio Belmonte Mireles's full review
October 08, 2019
Claudia Dominguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it in our department. With so many communication tools that are subject to change throughout the year, it is nice to have all of our CRM users connected in one place.
  • Notify users of posts.
  • Allow me as an admin to hold polls that help me prioritize what the org needs.
  • Organize different groups/committees throughout the department.
  • As an admin I would like to make it so that all users receive notifications, to help implement it into their daily practice.
  • If Chatter license users could have a bit more access to view reports, that could be utilized more by us.
Chatter is well suited for general communication/announcements such as change management and training tools. It is also very helpful in getting feedback on a product or collaborating where users should see each other's responses. It is less appropriate for private/one-to-one communications.
My Accelerator coordinator, Debra Stamos was very helpful in not only educating me on the platform's extensive capabilities, but she was able to engage in conversation with some of our super users and get specific use cases for Chatter in our org. The program is also very user-friendly as far as the interface goes.
Read Claudia Dominguez's full review
January 17, 2020
Mackenzie Bannister | TrustRadius Reviewer
Chatter is used by sales and IT to make note of notable events and calls that occur with existing accounts.
  • Chatter lets me tag coworkers in notes that they would be interested in.
  • It's very customizable.
  • I can't link Chatter notes to multiple accounts.
  • I have to go to a specific tab to see Chatter; I'd love to see it available in the "recent activity" of an account.
Chatter is great for making notes relevant to one account and tagging other coworkers in said note, but it's not great for noting crucial information that should be referred to every time one interacts with an account.
Salesforce in general has wonderful support when you access them, but not great FAQ resources, which is the only reason I don't give them a 10.
Read Mackenzie Bannister's full review
December 12, 2019
Mariana Lemus | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's a friendly tool, we use Chatter for the whole organization:
- to ask questions
- ask for travel approvals
- ask for budget requests and pending reimbursements
All the company guidelines and questions you can find there.

I feel the whole company can be reached in one place, you can connect with people around the globe, having your same question and post. See the latest activity.
  • Easy to read and post a question.
  • Possibility to attach files.
  • I think it's useful for large companies, as they need to have a tool to control all the requests. Not for small companies.
  • I would like to see in the principal page all the groups I can follow OR the latest addition in my organization, I'm only following the ones that I use in my daily job. Ex: accounts payable, etc.
Positive: Get quick answers, I think it's like a company social media. All in one place.
Not too well: The only way I can log in to Chatter is to log in through Salesforce VPN.
It's a great tool to use for the employees, to ask questions, read the answers that can help you in a short period of time.
Read Mariana Lemus's full review
August 17, 2019
Meredith Chandler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sales uses it as a tool to communicate from sales rep to manager and vice versa. For example, if there is something I want my manager to take a look at, they tag me on Chatter. I am instantly notified in my email, and I can go directly to the account. I like that it documents every communication back and forth, so there is a running history. We also use it to move accounts around, i.e, "take this out of my name, move to another rep, new rep this is now in your name," and avoids Slack messages that could get lost in the shuffle. Highly recommend.
  • Time Stamps: clear history of communication.
  • Instant notification: the relative person is aware right away that an account needs attention.
  • Perhaps after adding tags or action items, the rep can check them off so the received knows how important the notification is. I.E, "new account in your name, needs immediate attention, etc."
Please see previous comments. Not appropriate for anything you don't want everyone in the organization to see.
I have not had to use support, that's how easy it is!
Read Meredith Chandler's full review
September 24, 2019
Ted Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use chatter for our internal communications and it's complete integration with the salesforce platform.
  • Since it's made by Sales Force it's integration is seamless
  • Great for intranet communication between departments and teams
  • Allows users to manage there chatter feeds
  • With SalesForce provided better free support options
  • Better API integration with Dynamic
  • Better outlook plugins for tracking emails
Chatter is great for interoffice communications and integration with the CRM platform. It's not great as a front customer facing communication platform.
I wish that the support options and API support were better
Read Ted Cook's full review
August 05, 2019
Evans Kyalo | TrustRadius Reviewer
In StileCreations Co., Chatter is used when consolidating reports and representing past activities. Mainly, this software enables the sales department to have a clear image of the accounts which were balanced in the past. In addition, it enables the managers to clearly see rep progress on their accounts.
  • The software allows easy and authentic consolidation of past accounting activities
  • It has a notification capabilities which makes it for managers to have a timely review of accounting reports
  • When working on an account and the leaves it incomplete, the software provides a link to the accounts so that you can pick up easily
  • The software does not allow users to opt out of emails so they end up clogging the inbox
  • There should also be a way to filter and edit information send by Chatter. This will give a more customized experience
Consolidating accounting reports and representing past activities.
The software offers timely and responsive support to its customers
Read Evans Kyalo's full review
October 08, 2019
Chatter is used across our whole organization and is an excellent source of communication. My favorite part about using Salesforce chatter in regards to other chat services is the fact that everything is inside the CRM we are already using every day, so you can leave chatter comments on salesforce leads, contacts and opportunities to collaborate with your team.
  • Leaving comments on different objects, records etc.
  • Tagging certain users in your chatter posts.
  • Chatter alerts.
  • More functionality with notifications.
  • Better user interface.
Chatter is well suited for organizations already using Salesforce every day, it is a great way to leave notes and comments on certain objects and records. I would only recommend using Salesforce chatter if your team is actively using Salesforce CRM every day for customers and prospects. Chatter is great for sales, support, and marketing communication.
It is an excellent tool inside of Salesforce.
January 21, 2020
Chatter is used to track changes within the CRM system.
  • Shows what changes have been made.
  • Allows connections with new employees.
  • Constantly updates which can clog up the system.
To stay abreast of changes within the system and organization, Chatter is excellent. I do wish I could collapse the updates as it does increase the space within the system. Overall, Chatter a great system to track updates and increase the visibility of changes within the organization using it.
I haven't needed to use any support for this product, as it functions well for the use that I apply it.
September 17, 2019
We use chatter for initial support tickets, collaboration with our teams asking for advice, to assign tasks to teams, and track initial status. The use of team and key words allows us to track trends and see what still needs work. It is simple enough for end users to use, making it a great first line.
  • Mentioning team
  • Tracking topics
  • Allowing reporting for others
  • Setting permissions can get tricky
  • It could be easier to combine asks
  • More out of the box options
Chatter is a great, easy to use front line for end users to bring up initial requests. The flexibility of the submission form allows for quick changes. Additionally, once the ticket is created, being able to tag specific teams or topics makes it easy for every use to know who needs to work on what.
I've never had to contact support, not my role, but those who do seem to like the interactions.
September 14, 2019
Chatter is used to communicate about specific artifacts in our Salesforce instance. It improves collaboration and clarity within accounts, and allows us to spend more time in Salesforce versus going to a separate application and getting distracted. This is used across sales and marketing within my company. It's very easy to use.
  • I like being able to @mention my colleagues.
  • It lives in Salesforce, which is great.
  • Flexible enough to communicate some personality through its messaging.
  • Notification rules are hard to find and tweak.
  • It feels a bit antiquated.
  • The instructions for use could be clearer.
If your sales force uses Salesforce, Chatter is a no brainer. It facilitates collaboration and communication all within Salesforce, which is sometimes the hardest thing to get reps to do: be in Salesforce. If there is any form of team selling happening within your company, you'll have to communicate, and Chatter will help.
It seems like we've have never had a problem with our ability to use Chatter.
August 26, 2019
It is used by the sales and marketing teams to support updates or action items to ensure that everyone is on the same page. The ability to tag people and integrate Chatter or chat into opportunities and prospects makes it easy for the various teams to use it on a daily basis.
  • Communication. If you are deep in the SFDC ecosystem then Chatter becomes a default mechanism to stay in touch.
  • Updates. Salesforce is very good about keeping its users up to date with the latest ways to use their new tools.
  • More real-time aspects. Not sure if this can be changed, but Chatter feels very asynchronous in its style and not dynamic like other chat systems. More like how you get notified of a change to Google Docs vs Hangouts.
  • Feels a bit siloed and can be cluttered with how comments appear.
It works well if you are living within SFDC. However so many people have moved to Slack that it feels like double duty to use Chatter as well.
Never really tapped into the support team up
August 26, 2019
Chatter is being used by our Global Sales Team as a vehicle to post about news, sales tips, updates, etc. It is directly connected to our Salesforce so we can have conversations about opportunities, and everything can be tracked, searched, and ultimately lives within Chatter/SFDC

It is great because you can create multiple groups within Chatter. We have groups by department, teams within those functions, strategic groups for knowledge share, etc.
  • Very easy to go back and search. It keeps a history.
  • Ability to comment and tag users on a thread.
  • You have the ability to share articles, attachments, decks, etc that may be relevant
  • Ability to conduct polls within a group or chat
  • Looks very dated.
  • Not user-friendly on mobile.
  • Feels cumbersome.
  • Not as many features or functionality as a tool like Slack
I think Chatter may be suited for very, very large enterprises. Great tool if leadership needs to update a large team about something. When lots of conversations are happening other tools may be more user-friendly.

It's a simplified chat log. Great for basic communication, file sharing, and keeping a searchable history of conversations.
I have not had any support issues.
August 22, 2019
Currently, we use Chatter as a way to communicate on open opportunities in Salesforce. This is widely used across the sales organization, and our teams have put a high emphasis on using it to communicate on pipeline and opportunities. Chatter is great as our managers are easily able to message us and add context to questions they have when referencing an opportunity in Salesforce. This keeps a log of conversations based on an opportunity rather than losing it in G-chat.
  • Keeps conversations organized and relevant.
  • Allows management a view into conversations around multiple opportunities with multiple reps.
  • Logs everything in Salesforce for reference later down the road, rather than losing the conversation in G-chat.
  • It seems a bit out-dated and is not very user-friendly.
  • It often gets forgotten as G-chat is easier to use.
  • If you are not constantly following, conversations often get forgotten.
Chatter is well suited for companies who live and die in Salesforce and have large teams that upper management would like to get context on their manager/rep's conversations around opportunities as the sale cycle progresses.

Chatter is not well suited for smaller organizations. G-chat and emails would likely get them by because they have fewer opportunities and sales reps to manage.
I have never had an issue with Chatter, so I would have to say the support is pretty good in terms of keeping their platform stable. Salesforce is a great company and we are enterprise clients, so if anything were to ever go wonky I'm sure our account managers would be all over it.

Task Management (36)
Gantt Charts (19)
Scheduling (30)
Workflow Automation (32)
Mobile Access (49)
Search (44)
Visual planning tools (33)
Chat (50)
Notifications (53)
Discussions (51)
Surveys (34)
Internal knowledgebase (36)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (13)
Integrates with Gmail and Google Hangouts (20)
Integrates with Outlook (23)
Versioning (28)
Video files (33)
Audio files (30)
Document collaboration (41)
Access control (34)
Advanced security features (29)
Integrates with Google Drive (18)
Device sync (27)

What is Chatter?

Salesforce Chatter is a collaboration platform with integration into the business process and the ability to conduct actions like approving expense reports and creating support cases from the activity feed itself. Other key features include a mobile application and document management functionality.