We implemented Check Point NGFWs in order to improve our overall security posture and the various software blades take it to the next level beyond the typical basic URL filtering common on all firewalls. Harmony Browse adds in packet inspection and protects users against zero-day attack vectors including phishing, malware, ransomware (which is on a huge rise), etc.
- Protection from phishing.
- protection from malware.
- protection from ransomware.
- General protection against zero-day attack vectors.
- When inspecting traffic there can be a some performance degradation.
- We have had a few instances of protections interfering with legitimate traffic. Worth the trade-off though.
Read this authenticated review
Check Point Harmony Browse is particularly well suited for protecting against the various zero-day attack vectors, which is what it is designed to do. It offers very good protection against users visiting phishing sites, malware sites, downloading or opening ransomware, and just generally providing the safety net required in a corporate environment against users visiting potentially harmful websites.