- Simple tool. I say simple because it does what it is supposed to with very little issues. We used it to send email to a list and that is it and it worked.
- Clean interface. The interface was clean, simple and easy to use.
- Support. The support (when needed) was overseas so sometimes it was hard to reach them and sometimes hard to understand what they are saying when talking on the phone.
- They offer a best-in-class view of the customer email experience - through all levels of a customer journey.
- Our account team has taken the time to dedicate to our brand and understand our goals and objectives. They tailor recommendations to what is best for our unique customer experience.
- The CheetahMail platform is user-friendly and is continuously going through enhancements to improve the experience.
- We could use a local account rep for in-person meetings. However, our account team does a phenomenal job at making themselves available via conference call, whenever needed.
We utilize CheetahMail to send our day to day marketing and editorial emails to our client base of subscribers. It is mainly used by the marketing department in marketing emails that are sent out to promote newsletters, events, etc. It used in the this capacity several times a day, and we also follow up and keep track of metrics using the excellent metrics tools. In addition, the editorial team uses it to send out newsletters on a daily basis and track their performance. Our company has several publications and all of them use CheetahMail. Some use the program more than others as they have a higher level of communication needs.
The program works really well for our particular department because it allows us to communicate with our subscribers in a professional manner on a daily basis. We have it setup to allow unsubscribing and management of attributes for our subscribers across our website. It is very useful when it comes to ad operations because they can easily track the clicks and opens for any email that was sponsored by an advertiser. These metrics are hugely important when it comes to showing clients that their ad dollars are paying off.
CheetahMail has also been very useful in allowing our team to set up email deployments ahead of time and schedule them to go out without having to actually be online for the actual send. This is very important because we sometimes send out newsletters that are going out in the middle of the night so this automation step is very convenient.
Overall, CheetahMail has helped us to be organized, professional and streamlined in the way we send and track our communications with subscribers.
- Allows to easily track metrics to see results clearly
- Allows the scheduling of email sends in advance so you do not have to be present during the send
- Very user friendly and could easily be self taught
- The organization of CheetahMail could at times be better, as you create more and more mailings, they just pile up in a long list. It would be useful to be able to create folders to store specific mailings in. (ex. editorial, newsletters, marketing, etc.)
- CheetahMail's core strength is its data expertise and services. Without their vast knowledge working with so many clients, it would be much more difficult to integrate and create these automated programs. Their development teams for these types of projects are well versed in data set needs per client and mapping to CheetahMail-specific formats.
- Their client services team (especially if you are contracted in a higher plan) is quite good. They are quite responsive and always try to make sure that the client is doing well. This would include the senior manager (initial contracts / reviews); day to day manager (campaign assistance/troubleshooting) and the other specialty teams I mentioned previously.
- Investigations. The teams there are fantastic at answering issues and/or doing analysis to help their clients. For instance, a critical issue with delivery of emails required extensive analysis by all sides, and the CheetahMail team's work was critical in finding the issue with the data sets we were providing the system.
- Although my personal preference is for a bit "older" styled web UI because of my experience, I can see that the CheetahMail main UI system could be improved for better user experience, incorporating more of the recent web standards for code. It can come across a bit "clunky" at first and only after using it for time is it easier to navigate.
- Their online support / guide to use the tool needs updating. This may be more impactful for folks trying to utilize more of their advanced functionality (custom preference center form coding, subscriber report management). Although their client teams are welcome to answer questions, sometimes the need is for self-service, and the user guide isn't the best.
- I mentioned that if you're on one of the higher, dedicated-account manager contracts, your support is quite full. However, if you're on a lower priced tier / essentially a self-service model, it's a bit difficult to get a hold of the general support team (you have more of a "pool") than is desired. I should say that these things are up/down depending on what's happening to their other clients (so basically this isn't really different than most 3rd-party vendors.)
- CheetahMail needs to incorporate / help clients with newer responsive email design capabilities for non-technical users, ie. similar to my first comment regarding overall UI improvements.
- The interface is generally comfortable to use with a few exceptions of naming conventions.
- Segmentation is generally pretty simple when properly assigned. The drag and drop is a nice feature.
- Customer service is certainly a weak point. Response times are too long. Knowledge base of certain features seems scattered amongst employees.
- Form creation is very chunky and not intuitive.
- We've had issues in the past where mailings were firing or not firing for no reason or accounts were set up improperly. The overall system is confusing and needs to be improved to warrant the cost and or time to invest.
- CheetahMail has grown their platform from just a batch and blast of large quantities of email to one that allows for strategic consumer profiling and targeting. The tool has made strides towards getting to the analytical data so we can do some granular targeting.
- CheetahMail's strength is and has always been in sending out large quantities of email quickly. They have also enabled actionable consumer profiles for more granular targeting.
- The platform lends its self to deliver more effective campaigns and measureable results by matching clients’ audience data to display, video, social, mobile and media activating the audience or consumer.
- I would like to see more intuitive features to easily switch between the different modules of CheetahMail. Moving from the different tabs are not as easy as I would like.
- I would like to see more features around scoring user data. It would be great if CheetahMail could have an intelligence engine that could be used for setting up dynamic content based on past behavior.
- Mailing setup: seamless, great use of personalization and dynamic content.
- Subscription / unsubscription management: easy to manage and report on.
- Subject line testing: ability to automatically select winning subject line.
- Forms: great functionality to support user preferences, acquisition, etc.
- Trigger: easy to set up automated trigger campaigns.
- API: easy integration with other partners and vendors.
- Reporting: already works great, but additional reporting features could be beneficial.
- Has many refinements for segmentation such as location, transaction data, opens...
- Tracks many metrics for reporting such as transaction data, open data, click data...
- Much flexibility for design
- Navigation is not intuitive.
- Tech support is lacking. An account representative with no technical knowledge is your main contact and there is a long lag when technical issues arise because the account representative has to wait on their tech team. There also often is a communication gap as to what the technical issues are as you are not allowed to talk directly to tech support and the account representative must mediate.
- Most innovative solutions require much more money and are not included in the basic (self-service) CheetahMail package. For example, integrating with other data sources and having advanced segmentation require you to purchase an outside service that is compatible with CheetahMail but not included in the CheetahMail package. CheetahMail is drastically behind in terms of technology. So much so that we had an experience where we've tried to integrate with certain third parties but were unable to because CheetahMail was not as advanced as the other email providers.
- Extremely manual process for setup and reporting. There is no automation or anything easily accessible to the marketers without tech support. They are significantly worse than any other competitor.
CheetahMail Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
CheetahMail Technical Details