Cherwell Service Management Reviews

Jane Updegraff | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support

Cherwell technical support is superior. Even when they don't know the answer to something they will find out how to help you.

We had a disappointing experience just after purchase because our salesman failed to include an implementation package into our purchase. This was in violation of Cherwell's own policy so we never found out why he did this. If it would have been a self-hosted instance, it probably would have been OK, because I just would have set it up myself using their (surprisingly good) self-help implementation documentation. But it was NOT self-hosted, it was hosted at Cherwell-on-Demand. So I didn't have access to their server where it needed to be implemented.

I was waiting for someone at Cherwell-on-Demand to contact us to get us rolling, and no one ever did, because our salesman did not hand us off to the implementation team. So I called technical support. They were very confused at first because they kept asking me who were were working with on the implementation team. Once I finally got them to the point of understanding that we had no implementation help whatsoever, they were amazing. They went way past their normal role and even the manager of the entire Cherwell support team in Denver got involved. They got me the help that I needed (which really wasn't much help, just turning on the hosted server and setting up a connector) quickly and apologized to me for the salesman's failure.

This implementation help is just a first example, however. I've opened about three or four tickets (for regular operational issues and routine maintenance) since we've been using Cherwell over the last 3 years and in every case, I got the answer I needed quickly and all of my questions were answered.
Read Jane Updegraff's full review
Zachary Louis | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 01, 2019

Cherwell Rocks!

Support

We generally have a good time with Cherwell support, however, there are the few niche cases where I have to explain how Cherwell works to the customer support agent on the other end. A little more product education for tier 1 support could go a long way in helping expedite support requests from SaaS customers.
Read Zachary Louis's full review

Support

Since we've on-prem hosted CSM, we'll contact our partner for any tech/troubleshooting issues that may occur. However, direct customer support from Cherwell is appreciatable comparing to the others.

Organize and prioritize service tickets (33)
Expert directory (24)
Service restoration (20)
Self-service tools (31)
Subscription-based notifications (22)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (28)
ITSM reports and dashboards (32)
Configuration mangement (25)
Asset management dashboard (23)
Policy and contract enforcement (16)
Change requests repository (28)
Change calendar (26)
Service-level management (28)

About Cherwell Service Management

Cherwell Software was founded by the former CEO of FrontRage Solutions and is a full suite of service management tools competing with BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, and IBM SmartCloud.

Cherwell Service Management Competitors