ChiroTouch Reviews

Kristi Saxon | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 16, 2019

Awesome Chiropractic Software

We use ChiroTouch throughout the whole office from check-in, office visits notes, check out, and billing. It is a one-stop-shop and offers several additional services that will integrate that we use. ex: appointment reminders, emails, scheduling
  • Extensive training was offered when we switched to ChiroTouch.
  • Customer service is excellent and I personally love utilizing the chat feature when I have a question or need someone to walk me through something.
  • The billing feature is very easy to use and helps to maintain excellent insurance collections.
  • Our doctor has a couple of areas he would like to improve in the Note section of the all-in-1 provider section for personal injury patients.
ChiroTouch has helped us maintain more accurate records, notes, billing, and the text reminders help to ensure the patients remember their appointment which keeps our numbers good.
Read Kristi Saxon's full review
Stephanie Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 16, 2016

Software is dated but useful. Try to get a trial version before purchase so you know what you are getting into!

• Allows for a lot of customization that can make the software work well for small and large practices
  • Can really replace anything you would normally put in a paper chart or use other programs for, with a few exceptions.
  • Manages all your patient data in one place
  • Uses iPad apps as well as desktop applications
  • The report features don't offer nearly as many functions as I would like. I usually have to export the data out and use Microsoft Excel to create graphs and other practice analytics at year end. Also their export feature still provides highly stylized excel reports, so I still have to do a lot of work to get them to a place where I can actually use them to get meaningful data out.
  • The calendar for scheduling has no option for confirmation calls. We had to find a work around to be able to know which appointments had been confirmed.
  • They have lots of add on features that cost extra money per month. In our demo they did not tell us that these were paid features, they made it seem like it was all part of the regular purchase price.
  • Their report features are not organized in any helpful way, and some of them are not named very clearly. I constantly have to search through them to find what I need. Also some reports that seem very basic and straightforward are not offered.
  • The process for sending electronic claims is fine once you get the hang of it, but it is not very streamlined. Also during our demo they never told us that ChiroTouch does not actually send the claims, they just prepare them for a clearing house, so you still have added steps of importing the files to your clearing house. Luckily Office Ally is a free clearing house, but I know other doctors who pay extra for some clearing houses.
  • The process for putting patient's insurance in the system is also not very streamlined, and can easily result in claims not being sent if not setup properly. Again, once you understand how it works in a detailed way, it is fine. But the process of training new staff is always difficult and I have to check their work for months after they start because it's so easy to do it wrong.
  • Practically everything requires customization. It takes A LOT of setup to get this functioning well for your office. I think this is a pro and a con - great if you can spend the time setting it up, but not so great that some things that seem very basic require you to set up yourself.
  • The SOAP note functions are only as good as you make them. The preinstalled buttons (called macros) that some with the system are pretty useless. And there are so many of them you will spend more time trying to find what you are looking for than actually doing patient notes. The system allows you to make an unlimited number of macros yourself, so if you spend time customizing this it's really great, but if you don't it's a mess. And the process for adding new macros is fine if you are tech savvy, but really complicated if you are not.
I think ChiroTouch is a good system for a large practice or a small practice that has the time to get it properly setup. I know doctors who took it on without realizing what it would require and they end up not really utilizing the full system. If that is what you end up doing, there are tons of other systems out there that can do the same and for significantly less money. My overall impression of this system is that it is one of the more well-known practice management systems for Chiropractors, and there is not much competition out there, so they really don't go out of their way to make a great product. It seems like an old system and they tack on new functionality now and then when an actual system overhaul is what is needed.
  • Online training
Read Stephanie Nelson's full review
May 20, 2016

Great system, once you get the hang of it

• I personally appreciated the way the system managed outstanding claims, balances and issues. This feature made it easy for front staff to remind patients about any outstanding charges/issues as they checked in, so they were able to address the issue prior to their visit.
  • The customizable macros allowed for accurate and quick note taking, which improved office efficiency and allowed providers to focus on their patients, rather than their laptops.
  • The text reminders improved communication between patients and the front staff, also increasing appointment show rates.
  • Excellent customer service, which is a major plus when initially figuring out the system.
  • There is quite a bit to learn, even if you have experience with other EHR systems like I did, and required our staff and providers time and patience to get accustomed to it. It may be helpful for the Chirotouch team to develop a curriculum of sorts to navigate practices through learning the system in a logical way.
  • The EHR system is higher in price than other comparable systems, especially with all the add-ons - it would be nice if Chirotouch were a little more transparent about what you get when purchasing the item off the shelf, and, more importantly, what features are not included without a package upgrade.
  • The graphic layout and color scheme isn't as "pretty" as other EHR systems I've worked with, and actually looks quite outdated. It might be worthwhile for Chirotouch to work with graphic designers to make the interface a little more aesthetically pleasing.
I found the software to be well-suited for our small chiropractic office, though I imagine it would work well for a larger practice, as well. I would not recommend switching to this system unless staff can add several weeks to their schedules to learn the system and get accustomed to the interface. I also wouldn't recommend this system to practices on a tight budget, as the most helpful features are only available at an extra charge.
February 19, 2015

ChiroTouch!

• Billing and Insurance
  • Note taking with ease
  • Organization
  • Storage and back up when the computers go down
  • Losing information
  • Usage for more than just chiropractors
ChiroTouch is great for clinics with just one type of doctor, or only chiropractors.

About ChiroTouch