Chrome Remote Desktop from Google is a cross-platform remote administration and remote desktop tool that requires the Chrome browser and an extension.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/AN/7W/AOQAZEXD21JU.pngChrome Remote Desktops reduces costs!We use Chrome Remote Desktop to access computers out in the field or back at the office when out in the field for troubleshooting and technical support. We have also been know to use it to demonstrate or present to clients.,Installing software for non-techies out in the field. Remote access of files on the host. Demonstrations for remote users.,Sometimes crashes. Has limited ability at times. Must have Chrome to work.,7,Has made things much easier with field operations. Reduced cost of remote access of field employees computers. Works with our G suite of products in a seamless manner.,Join.meThe Handy Remote Desktop SoftwareThis is being used by the IT department to aid in remote desktop support and to check in on the occasional computer that has monitors for us. It really helps us when we need to assist someone that is at a remote site and we only need to hop on real quick to get a quick peek at their issue and resolve it as soon as possible.,Quick install Fast connection after install It can be used on many computers Helpful for remote connections,If you are not an admin user, it freezes up and does not allow you to see anything Sometimes it does randomly crash, and I don't know why,10,It has completely aided in remotely assisting users in our company Small install and huge help when assisting This has increased our response time,TeamViewer,TimeClock Plus, Quick BaseClean, lightweight, FREE remote desktop program for multiple platformsWe use Chrome Remote Desktop to access data and analysis servers from offsite. We've also used it in the Linguistics Lab to remotely access a computer with SuperLab from outside the experimentation booth where we have respondents.,Unlike Microsoft's Remote Desktop, this program is the same across platforms, which is helpful for users. This program also allows direct control over the desktop (like TeamViewer) and doesn't give you a simulated log on (like Remote Desktop). This is advantageous for seeing exactly what's on the screen but can make it a little laggy. The interface is very nice and clear once it's set up. It's obvious which computer is which and it's just a couple of clicks from opening the program to a connection. The mobile app is also really really well done.,This program is NOT easy for end-users to set up on their own. The PIN requirement is secure (which is nice), but it'd be nice to have the option to have an alphanumeric password or something.,9,Chrome Remote Desktop is a great on-the-fly tool for multi-platform applications and has allowed us to easily access various systems remotely where we might otherwise have had to use several different programs per platform. One negative side has been that the setup is just not user-friendly and we've had to help less tech-savvy individuals set this up nearly every time.,TeamViewerChrome Remote Desktop - Get the most from your ChromebooksChrome Remote Desktop is one of the solutions we offer for connecting to workstations from our new chomebooks. If it ends up working out, we could potentially replace a large portion of our laptop fleet with cheaper chromebooks. We've found a large number of users only use thier laptops to remote into their desktops.,Setup is simple. Install the app, log in, choose a pin. You're good to go. Performance is fast. I can even stream games fairly well. The connections have been pretty stable. No serious issues.,The session can be seen on the screen of the workstation. Could be a privacy issue. It DOESN'T work like traditional RDP, much closer to a screen sharing support session. There is no built in File Transfer. Its not a deal breaker, but definitely an annoyance.,8,Its helped us explore options for changing over expensive laptops to inexpensive Chromebooks.,Chrome RDP and Citrix,Citrix NetScaler, OnBase by Hyland, Azure Multi-Factor Authentication,5,,Remote access,If Chromebooks can have stable and reliable remote program, we can replace a large portion of our laptop fleet with them,7,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Vendor Reputation,We're still evaluating. Its a free product with no commitment. Its simple to switch.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,People forgetting their PIN,10,10,No,We've never need Good Support for this. Can't beat that.,Connecting is one click after initial setup, works well I like the pin system for connecting from new devices,no file transfer is a killer,Yes, but I don't use it,7Google Chrome - Free, if you can handle it.I use Chrome Desktop to access my computers at home from work.,Easy Setup Connected to your Google account Provide remote support to others Encrypted Sessions Mac Supported,Relies on Google Account Management of several computers can be kludgy If software becomes out of date, confusing how to update.,9,Since Chrome Remote Desktop is Free, no negative ROI other than sometimes frustrating interface from Mobile. For bigger businesses, look elsewhere such as Bomgar. For personal, Chrome Remote Desktop will fit the bill, since it is free.,Bomgar Remote Support Software and LogMeIn Pro,Bomgar Remote Support Software, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server
Chrome Remote Desktop

Chrome Remote Desktop Reviews

Chrome Remote Desktop
Filter 70 vetted Chrome Remote Desktop reviews and ratings
Brock Bruce profile photo
November 09, 2018

User Review: "Chrome Remote Desktops reduces costs!"

• Installing software for non-techies out in the field.
  • Remote access of files on the host.
  • Demonstrations for remote users.
  • Sometimes crashes.
  • Has limited ability at times.
  • Must have Chrome to work.
It works really well a Mac environment and helps us with people not that familiar with computers needing work done on their desktops at a different location.
Read Brock Bruce's full review
Jesus Mata profile photo
August 08, 2018

Chrome Remote Desktop Review: "The Handy Remote Desktop Software"

• Quick install
  • Fast connection after install
  • It can be used on many computers
  • Helpful for remote connections
  • If you are not an admin user, it freezes up and does not allow you to see anything
  • Sometimes it does randomly crash, and I don't know why
Remote connections are the best time to use this software
Read Jesus Mata's full review
Ho'omana Nathan Horton profile photo
March 01, 2018

Chrome Remote Desktop Review: "Clean, lightweight, FREE remote desktop program for multiple platforms"

• Unlike Microsoft's Remote Desktop, this program is the same across platforms, which is helpful for users.
  • This program also allows direct control over the desktop (like TeamViewer) and doesn't give you a simulated log on (like Remote Desktop). This is advantageous for seeing exactly what's on the screen but can make it a little laggy.
  • The interface is very nice and clear once it's set up. It's obvious which computer is which and it's just a couple of clicks from opening the program to a connection.
  • The mobile app is also really really well done.
  • This program is NOT easy for end-users to set up on their own.
  • The PIN requirement is secure (which is nice), but it'd be nice to have the option to have an alphanumeric password or something.
Chrome Remote Desktop is great for accessing machines remotely which cannot be accessed via Microsoft's Remote Desktop. It's especially nice for accessing machines of varying operating systems from a machine of a single operating system. For example, if I'm on my Windows laptop, I can always use Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to local machines (or machines via a VPN), but I can't do the same with Macs. I can do both from Chrome Remote Desktop though, and this program is very lightweight, which is nice.
Read Ho'omana Nathan Horton's full review
April 13, 2018

Review: "Chrome Remote Desktop - Get the most from your Chromebooks"

• Setup is simple. Install the app, log in, choose a pin. You're good to go.
  • Performance is fast. I can even stream games fairly well.
  • The connections have been pretty stable. No serious issues.
  • The session can be seen on the screen of the workstation. Could be a privacy issue. It DOESN'T work like traditional RDP, much closer to a screen sharing support session.
  • There is no built in File Transfer. Its not a deal breaker, but definitely an annoyance.
Really the largest thing is that it shows exactly what you're doing on the screen of the workstation. Great for remote sessions to help someone, terrible for remoting into your own computer to get work done.
Dustin Blad profile photo
July 28, 2017

Chrome Remote Desktop Review: "Google Chrome - Free, if you can handle it."

I use Chrome Desktop to access my computers at home from work.
  • Easy Setup
  • Connected to your Google account
  • Provide remote support to others
  • Encrypted Sessions
  • Mac Supported
  • Relies on Google Account
  • Management of several computers can be kludgy
  • If software becomes out of date, confusing how to update.
  1. Ok for small companies they may use one Google account to share.
  2. Perfect for personal use to connect from work to home to be able to access documents or programs.
  3. I like being able to use my Google account for security. Fewer passwords I have to remember, and combination with duo auth.
  4. Lightweight and secure.
Read Dustin Blad's full review
March 27, 2017

Chrome Remote Desktop Review: "The Perfect Remote Support Tool for your Chrome Devices!"

Chrome Remote Desktop is used within our organization to obtain 'line-of-site' when it comes to supporting our hardware in the field remotely. As our organization utilizes the power of Google for Work - Google App Suites all of our devices are enrolled and managed via google MDM, this is only half the battle when it comes to supporting and accessing your hardware in the field. With the Chrome Remote Desktop app my team and I can easily access a device as long as it's connected to the internet even in a locked-down kiosk state. The business problem this solves is quite obvious, no more on-site technicians to troubleshoot a software or configuration issue as we can do it remotely with Chrome Remote Desktop!

• Remotely accessing devices in the field, even when on a client network or cellular network
  • Ease of use - the software is simple and even the least tech-savvy associate can use the tool
  • Seamless connection - the connection is stable, smooth and allows for seamless control of the remote device
  • Easy to install - installed via policies through google admin
  • Lightweight - If you're looking for a robust tool this may not be it, this allows for straight-forward connecting to the remote device.
  • No saved preferences - you'll have to use a different code to connect to each device
  • Firewall rules required - Chrome Remote Desktop requires pin-holes in your firewall to open certain ports if you're using in a locked down network.
Chrome Remote Desktop is a great tool to use when needing to quickly connect to a remote device for troubleshooting or visibility into a problem occurring on the remote device. The tool allows you to connect immediately with only an internet connection and directly to your device. For Multiple device deployments this is a perfect tool that provides line-of-site into all your devices and allows you to ensure their in working order.

For scenarios that you'd like to transfer and pass back and fourth control, Chrome Remote Desktop wouldn't be the tool to use - there are other robust remote support tools that can do this, but at a higher cost for licensing.
March 14, 2017

Chrome Remote Desktop Review: "Great app for desktop remote control!"

I am using Chrome Remote Desktop to access my computer's desktop from my phone when needed. Only used in a single department, single person.
  • Desktop access from mobile devices
  • Desktop access from other computers
  • Don't have to be on the same network to access. You can use any internet connected device that supports the Chrome Remote Desktop app.
  • Built in file transfer would be nice.
  • Has sporadic issues with Admin pop-up permissions dialogue boxes
When you are away from your computer and you need full access to your desktop. Especially useful for when there is an app that is only supported on Desktop and not a mobile version.
Shawn Bennett profile photo
June 07, 2016

Chrome Remote Desktop Review: "Chrome RDP, your best mobile RDP"

I use Chrome Remote Desktop while I am mobile and may not have my laptop with me for remote access.
  • Chrome Remote Desktop works very well on mobile Android devices. It's smooth & easy to manage a multiple desktop workstation.
  • The application takes advantage of the local Android keyboard & voice to text really well.
  • Mouse input and window scrolling is on point even with 3 monitors on my workstation to my 1 mobile screen.
  • I wrote this last comment here using the Chrome Remote Desktop app on my Galaxy S7 edge.
  • I use multiple monitors on my workstation, a mouse speed setting would be nice to have.
  • Currently unable to use trail text input.
  • Lacking auto detection of text input boxes, have to click on an input field, then choose keyborad.
  • Spell check & predicted words do not work.
I believe the application is especially well suited when used from a mobile device such as phone or tablet where a laptop may not be available.
Read Shawn Bennett's full review

Screen sharing (8)
9.2
File transfer (3)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (5)
Over-the-Internet remote session (8)
Initiate remote control from mobile (7)
Remote management of servers & workstations (7)
6.0
Remote Active Directory® management (1)
Centralized management dashboard (4)
Session record (1)
Monitoring and Alerts (1)
Multi-platform remote control (5)

About Chrome Remote Desktop