- Provides an abundance of categories to expense within.
- Seamless interaction with corporate card. Within a week all of you expenses will show up in the program to be categorized.
- Receipts have to be PDF formatted. This can make uploading a longer process than needed at times.
- Lack of phone app to track on the go. I believe I've seen that there is an app available now, but it never worked with my company. This meant having to save all receipts and take time to sit and expense a full trip after the fact instead of being able to do it as you go.
- The user interface can be difficult to navigate the first few times. It takes some time to get used to starting a trip, starting an expense report, editing either of those, and submitting one.
I don't think it's as feature rich as it could be, but that also could just be the level that my company was paying for at the time.
Chrome River EXPENSE Review: "All digital expense reporting - good for environment, time consuming for user"
- Digital receipts are frequently issued, so simply forwarding them to the platform saves so many trees! And time!
- Online cash expense form is much faster and easier than previous hard-copy system my organization used.
- System remembers names, places, etc.
- Not very intuitive - takes a lot of time to get used to it.
- Requires a lot of information for certain expenses, like hotels, airfare and business meals.
- Can't be bookmarked on my bookmarks bar, has to be access through a link buried deep in my organization's intranet site.
- Snap and send (via email) receipt functionality.
- Integration with accounting system, including image integration.
- Firm compliance rules and approval routing.
- Clunky ad hoc reporting, a more robust and faster reporting tool would be nice.
- Phone app is not very useful, use the snap and send (via email) function instead.
Chrome River Expense is built with the modern business traveler in mind. Having the ability to snap and send images of receipts while on the road is incredibly useful, especially for those that have an assistant who can then start building an expense report before you return to the office to grant a final approval.
The robust rules engine allows for everything from simple to multilayered approval routing which can allow all required individuals to review staff expenses and the fact that it can be tracked by the end user help reduce extra calls to Accounting asking where something is or when it will be paid.
The biggest downside is that for firms going from having nothing to having such a robust system (even though the system is fairly intuitive) training and handholding for the first 6 months is a must for most staff.
- Workflow is very beneficial being 100% remote. We can see where things are hung up or re-route easily if someone is out or we need additional approval due to type or amount of purchase.
- We recently implemented the pre-approval module which has significantly helped us manage our expenses and cash flow.
- Having all our receipts and reports in one place makes it very easy to locate specific expenses or purchases.
- It would be better if there was some kind of notification to admin/finance when a company-paid expense was sitting on someone's dashboard for more than 30 days.
- Being able to see unsubmitted/draft bills and expense reports on a dashboard rather than running analytical reports would be helpful.
- Expense categories are flexible and easy for users to select without needing GL numbers
- Receipts can be transmitted with the report by scanning to the desktop
- Receipts can be attached to a report via email. That's great for busy attorneys on the road
- Reporting capabilities are really good and flexible.
- Getting emails that go to only the right people is a problem. Mostly it's all on or all off for message types. There needs to be a way to send email only to certain people and not to others.
Chrome River EXPENSE Review: "Chrome River has been one of the best business decisions we've made in a while"
- Terminated the use of paper expense reports
- Receipts can be easily added to expense reports
- Expense reports are routed to the appropriate approver and our office can track them at any time and also reroute them if a person is out of the office
- Some receipts get cropped and zoomed in and are hard to see
- Adhoc functionality is a little slow
- Some of the emails are not very clear- for example the "Unused Firm Paid Items" users have a hard time figuring out what that means
Chrome River is extremely helpful for those users who are on the road, they can start creating their reports as soon as they can and upload receipts to the receipt gallery to then add them to the reports (it takes 2-3 days for a charge to post in CR).
I cannot think where this is not well suited for. Maybe for people who have a lot of reimbursements? it would be a lot of data entry.
- Allows for clear allocation of expenses.
- Allows for easy reporting by GL codes and types.
- Drastically reduces time and resources needed to manually obtain approvals for reimbursement processes.
- The IOS app is very lacking, and at times difficult to use.
The application also allows for direct integration with certain credit card providers to allow payments to be made directly to the credit card company, which assists with saving the requester time.
Chrome River EXPENSE Scorecard Summary
About Chrome River EXPENSE
Chrome River EXPENSE Technical Details