Reviews (1-25 of 88)
- Completely Configurable when it comes to Messages and Warnings. You decide when and where to fire the message. You decide what the message reads. You can add, remove, and/or edit these messages at any time.
- Completely configurable warnings and messages mean you can write these to match your company policy and update as often as needed.
- Use messages and warnings to guide your users so that they can submit a correct and complete report the first time, greatly reducing denials.
- At go, life reporting was lacking. Since our go-live on 12/1/2016, Chrome River has made significant updates to reporting and continue to do so.
- Some releases have caused issues on our side. Chrome River has been quick to fix releases but it would be helpful if they engaged clients with testing of upcoming enhancements and releases.
- We used to have a paper-intensive process, it could take a couple of weeks before a person is reimbursed for travel or other out of pocket expenses. Now with Chrome River, we have often processed payment within 48 hours after submitting the request.
- With tools like Chrome River SNAP and their mobile app travelers can begin their reimbursement request immediately, no need to wait until you are back in the office.
- Electronic approvals mean you are not chasing down paper from office to office. You can access the system anytime from anywhere to see where your report is in the approval process.
We send feeds to Chrome River daily:
Chrome River is willing to listen to their customer's needs and when possible will enhance their product.
- There have been a couple occasions when we've asked for an enhancement.
- Chrome River has reached out for additional information, including us in what our vision is and then added that as an enhancement.
- Easy to use especially with the CR Snap app and taking pictures of receipts
- Email approval for managers
- The analytics are not to user friendly. The ad-hoc reporting is very complicated, as the headers do not clearly indicate what you are going to get in the report.
- It would be nice is when you hovered over the "add expense" (plus with a circle) button, it told you what it does. End users have a hard time finding the e-wallet in their report when it doesn't automatically open.
It allowed us to move from a paper base system to an online system which is great during this COVID19 pandemic.
No one has to find someone to sign the form or worry about the form being lost and everything else that can happen with a paper based system.
If you are interested in knowing more about Emburse Chrome River, let me know and I would be happy to do a referral for you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Emburse Chrome River helped us during our implementation phase to get all of our rules and guidelines regarding travel into the system with user friendly messages to our end users. This saved us time in answering questions about our travel guidelines of what is reimbursable and what is not.
- Coming from a paper based system, Emburse Chrome River has an awesome tracking feature that allows our end users to know where there reimbursements are at every stage. Before this software, paper work would sit on someone's desk for a long period of time or sometimes even be lost so thank you tremendously Emburse Chrome River for making the process so simple.
- CR Snap App is an excellent app to get receipts into Emburse Chrome River with a few simple clicks. If the traveler loses their paper receipt but has it scanned into the app then viola, no worries anymore about having to retrace the steps to get another receipt. Again, excellent app.
- Emburse Chrome River is always updating their system to the newest and greatest which is much appreciated. They are currently working on giving the administrators more access to change submit and compliance rules without ever having to put in a help desk ticket which is great. Would love to see more of these down the pipeline which I have no doubt they are coming. Other than that, I see nothing more they can improve upon.
So far after three years, the only scenario where Emburse Chrome River has been less appropriate, is where we have changes in our state that we have no control over that needs a configuration change that cannot be changed by our administrator which may require an additional fee to be corrected. It doesn't happen often but sometimes it does. We have only one so far in the past three years which is this year and deals with how our state calculates the mileage reimbursement.
As far as the over time it took us from hearing about [Emburse] Chrome River to being live, it took us longer but we wanted to make sure everything worked the way it should with all of our guidelines. Yes, we could have rolled out much sooner and fixed the errors along the way, but this is one thing I am proud that we did. Yes, you can get it done within the six month time period but don't rush it. Just like a fine wine, it is well worth the wait.
- Chrome River has a modern UI/UX that is intuitive to new users.
- Chrome River is a true enterprise (4K+ employees globally) expense management solution.
- Internal administration options allow most requests to be handled in-house; however the CR help desk has been very good to work with when a more complex request comes up.
- Lack of personalization/customization for automated messages, notifications, reminders
- Intuitive system: User-friendly system that enables all users to easily report their expenses
- OCR feature: Helps the receipts input to be made easier and faster.
- Automated expense types selection: Saving time for users and helping the company’s costs allocation.
- Ad-hoc reporting tool: Great tool for the back office to build special reports.
- System limitations: Some simple customizations are not possible in CR, such as a more intuitive dropdown, specific customization per country, and user
- The system speed: Sometimes the system takes long time to load.
- Searching capabilities: it is not really useful to find users on the system, for example, like using more searching capabilities (per email, full/partial names, and broken data (not exact data like Google, etc.)
- Direct pay - push of a button payment to users.
- Customer service - they will do anything to help.
- Admirals program - where customers can reach each other in a fun and relaxing way.
- Graphical Interface is so easy and simple, and our people like it!
- I would like to see a travel option, maybe a booking tool for flights and hotels inside the system.
- I would like to edit gls during approval without sending the report back to the user.
- Reporting could look nicer, but it’s functional.
- Advance and accurate OCR capability.
- Excellent rules compliance configuration and enforcement.
- Open API allows integration with our billing system.
- Being able to use prior invoices as templates
- Automated routing to approvers based on GL codes
- the interface can be improved slightly as there is quite a bit of back and forth. It can take time to get accustomed to the workflow.
- [Emburse] Chrome River listens to its customer's needs and does its best to match current products to those needs, or collaborate internally to determine if an enhancement can be made available that will not only benefit that customer, but will be a good use case for all Chrome River customers.
- The [Emburse] Chrome River customer service team is great. Unlike most companies, you can speak to a liver person!
- [Emburse] Chrome River's training offerings are relevant and pertinent to the day to day operations of the software.
- The [Emburse] Chrome River analytics tool is not user friendly. You almost need to have some programming training to use it. It is easy enough to run standard reports, but to create AdHoc reports, it is complex.
- The PDF of the expense report document that Harman has is customized, and when we need changes, it is difficult to get it done.
- Rules can be complex. [Emburse] Chrome River recently moved Rules Builder into the Mercury platform and ask customers to build and maintain their own rules. Rules are the most important aspect of a customer's expense reporting program because they help to enforce policy. One wrong thing, and an customer administrator could do severe damage to their program. This is important enough for Chrome River's specialists to maintain, rather than ask a customer administrator to do it.
- Easy to use and understand for end users
- Allows for a lot of customization to work for your company.
- Analytics make it easy to run reports on almost any aspect of the system such as expenses and compliance warnings.
- Our Information Technology Department had to do a lot to send/receive feeds from/to Chrome River to our ERP system.
- Our implementation team had to use our knowledge of Chrome River to come up with ideas of how to accomplish workarounds or specific things and then ask Chrome River if it could be done instead of Chrome River coming up with ideas after we said what we wanted.
- The majority of our compliance rules were put in by Chrome River as Custom instead of just a general rule. Therefore, we are not able to edit them unless we do a work ticket to Chrome River. Most of these rules are simple rules that most companies use at some point. I think we just came in at the wrong time.
- Real-time transaction notifications are great.
- Easy to use training material delivered by Chrome River.
- Knowledgeable staff that are ready to help with rollouts and post-rollout.
- Hard to update workflow routings, but I think Chrome River is working on this.
- The ability to scan receipts from your phone right into the app helps to eliminate lost receipts.
- The ability to send expense reports through the system for electronic approval helps make the process smooth, easy and much quicker.
- The ability to track your expenses and see where they are in the system helps users get instant answers and helps eliminate unnecessary questions for AP.
- It would be great to have the ability to adjust scanned images for improved clarity.
- Emburse could work on solving issues faster and keeping the customer informed as to the status.
- The ability to lock certain features on "People" from being updated, but not the entire profile.
- Chrome River app is easy to use and mirror to the website
- The Chrome River Snap is easy to use and employees don't need to worry about losing their receipts
- The company compliance is easy to implement into Chrome River
- There is room for improvement on reporting
- The mileage rate allowance should be update automatically or update messages on the app
- Chrome River is very simplistic. It's ease of use allows the training to be straightforward, which boosts end users' confidence.
- The electronic approval route is very helpful in reducing the time it would normally take to get a physical approval signature for travel authorizations and expense reports.
- The integration of the issuing bank for our travel card program has proven to be uncomplicated.
- Training for Administrators on reporting could more helpful. Administrators need more than just a one (1) hour class where the trainers speed through the material. You are unable to get your questions answered and never receive email responses to questions asked during this training. However, this is something that can be easily resolved.
- Preapprovals are very concise and routing provides transparency at multiple levels.
- The ability to customize different categories of expenses is extremely helpful as it integrates with the ERP system and we can easily track the spend of certain goods and services.
- The ability to include the lodging and meal rates so that the sytsem automatically checks the compliance of these saves a lot of time for the auditors.
- We were able to incorporate the use of Cornerstone to check that those who request mileage or rental of vehicles that they have completed a safety driver's training which not only reduces our risk but also remains in compliance of state regs.
- The advance payment process is difficult since it is a separate process. There are no safeguards that the user will return the funds that he has been advanced if he requests a reimbursement.
- We have had some inconsistency with the liquidation of encumbrances.
- It would be helpful if the creation of rules that conflict with one another provide a warning to the administrator.
- A report is needed at the cardholder level that replicates the bank statement. You can create one by choosing a particular range of transactions but sometimes they overlap. There should be a standard report for this.
- The layout of the expense screen is very user friendly. The pictures on the tiles show you exactly what the tile is used to reimburse.
- The tracking feature has been the most helpful for our organization. It allows expense owners to see where in the process their expense report is. Prior to Chrome River, we utilized paper forms and expense owners never knew for sure who had their expense report at any given time.
- The CR SNAP app is a great feature that allows users to take pictures of a receipt on their phone and submit it within minutes.
- We have an automatic audit selection rule set up. We would like to have an email sent to the named auditor each time a report is selected so the process is not delayed.
- The OCR for receipts could be a little more robust. We are noticing it reads the receipt but not the correct data.
- We are using a single sign-on link. Users are not able to bookmark this link and use it later. I found when using Google Chrome, you can save it as a shortcut, but not as a bookmark.
One area where we have had a drawback from moving to Chrome River is having direct supervisors at a different location. We have employees paid at one location and their supervisors are in a different HR location system. We have entered the direct supervisors manually and this allowed us to overcome the issue.
- Friendly user interface to provide a good user experience for our our employees.
- Great visual feedback for ease of use.
- Seamless integration with other systems.
- Industry-leading OCR technology.
- Handling of data for reporting/dashboards.
- Front-end control of the system (however this is improving).
- Quirky "issues" often not replicable, but without solution.
Implementation was smooth and painless and continued support has been strong.
We also integrate with our HR/personnel system for "People" date, this works extremely well, with clear notifications/instructions on failures.
Our next steps are global rollout which will be interesting to see how Chrome River handles the demand across multiple regions in a single streamlined solution - so far so good covering the UK at go-live and the Asia Pacific region soon after, with mind to expand further.
Generally however Helpdesk are knowledgeable and passionate about the system.
The less I have to deal with them - the better they are doing their jobs!
Emburse Chrome River Scorecard Summary
What is Emburse Chrome River?
Emburse Chrome River Screenshots
Emburse Chrome River Video
Emburse Chrome River Downloadables
Emburse Chrome River Integrations
Emburse Chrome River Competitors
Emburse Chrome River Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
We offer three cost-effective, subscription-based pricing models: A transaction-based model, priced according to expense report volume A submitter-based model, priced according to an average number of monthly submitters An enterprise-level model that includes unlimited expense reports. Pricing for this model is based on total employee headcount Feel free to contact us to discuss the best one for your organization.
Emburse Chrome River Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Emburse Chrome River Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Armenian, Bulgarian, Canadian, French, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English - UK, English - US, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|