- We expect to have significant savings in both time and Dollars
- Free up A/P staff to do more A/P Management and less data entry
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Time is money, we have saved lots of time with Chrome River. 51% of our expense and Non-PO invoice reports were submitted and exported to our ERP system within 5 days of submission.
- 94% of our expense and Non-PO invoice reports were submitted and exported to our ERP system within 20 days of submission.
- We have recorded over 900 expense reports being submitted and exported the same day!
- 89% of our PCard reports were submitted and exported to our ERP system within 10 days.
- We have seen a 95% reduction in journal entries in our ERP System due to PCard transactions being allocated incorrectly. With messages and warnings, our users get it done right the first time!
- At the end of our first Fiscal Year End after going to Chrome River we only had 1/10 of 1% of our PCard dollars un-reconciled.
- Able to audit more expenses and save money but not reimbursing for out of compliance spend
- Having our policy embedded in the tool allows for compliance
- Routing approval to know that a manager really approved the report
- Negative ROI on time.
- Negative ROI resulting in lost opportunities to interact with customers since you are tied up on the expense reporting App going through as unpleasant an experience as possible.
- This is the "death by 1,000 cuts" that makes a good employee check out or quit.
- Time-consuming to report expenses were decreased significantly, resulting in financial benefits.
- More complex controlling mechanisms, avoiding potential frauds and misuse of corporate cards.
- Tax recovery solutions.
- Positive on timing of reimbursement.
- Positive on timing of processing.
- Positive on visibility of timing of processing and reimbursement.
- The cost of Chrome River was much better than our previous application.
- Emburse Chrome River has reduced costs in staff required to process invoices as well as the amount of time it takes to correctly code invoices.
- I dont have a knowledge about ROI
- Saves on time, not having to do manual processing
- The decrease in paperwork is probably the best impact!
- Employees are able to complete/submit reports faster/easier and then focus on more important tasks.
- The ability to use Chrome River anywhere allows people to be flexible and work on their reports while traveling or from their mobile devices.
- Positive, both tangible and many intangible benefits
- No negative impacts
- Efficiency of employee time.
- Reduced processing times.
- It saves time for AP to process payment instead of using excel
- It encourages employees submit their expenses on time
- Able to detect personal expenses.
- Visibility to all company paid expenses.
- Company compliance.
- It has streamlined our travel process.
- We have been able to eliminate accounting in the processing of expense reports
- We are able to ensure compliance with policy
- It allows employees to focus on higher value activities
- I don't handle the ROI at our university, but I know we have saved a ton of paper since being on Emburse Chrome River. Prior to the software, every report was submitted on paper in duplicates and the traveler usually kept a copy as well. Now it is all kept within the software and no need for paper much at all.
- When evaluating solutions, Emburse Chrome River was the only company with multiple pricing models to suit customers' needs. Most others had 1 model. The ability to choose the pricing strategy for our global implementation allowed us to pick the model that met our needs and made the most financial sense.
- The extensive approval routing options help fraud prevention
- Stock and tailored reporting helps our internal audit team detect and prevent abuse and fraud.
- With the COVID remote workforce, the ROI has been incalculable!
- Image capture API has been applied to our voucher system. No more file cabinets!
- Routing rules have dramatically reduced attorney involvement in the payable process.
- The most positive is the impact on the indirect cost of personnel processing due to the quick electronic processing vs manual paper processes. We were able to reduce the personnel within the Finance Office by 2 and repurpose others to do more auditing instead of manual processing.
- The ability to impose strict compliance rules on allowable rates has reduced the expense of travel for the university since we are able to have employees reimburse the university for overpayment easily. There is no longer any middle of the road of when this happens.
- The only negative impact is that the university is made up of academics who resist change and/or don't value the financial impacts as much as administrators. This has led to a few new hires of additional personnel in the administrative offices of the departments.
- Prior to implementing Chrome River EXPENSE, we were using paper forms. We think Chrome River is a major improvement over the previous process. One positive impact is the ability of expense owners to see their report throughout the approval process.
- Approvers are able to approve reports anywhere at anytime. Before, they had to be in the office to approve a paper report.
- The analytics tools allow us to make entries at month-end to capture any outstanding expenses for the month. It also allows us to review where our largest spend is.
- Able to decommission multiple "hosted" solutions to use a single Cloud solution.
- Well managed solution takes pressure of system admins/accountants.
- Those moving from manual (spread sheet) type entry did not appreciate the change of habits needed.
- Billing is the major issues...expenses were already being written off in order to them not being submitted on time.
Chrome River EXPENSE is designed to automate and simplify the submission, approval and reimbursement of an employee's travel and expense spend. Its intuitive interface works effortlessly and provides full functionality on any device, anywhere, at any time.
Chrome River EXPENSE integrates an employee's travel transactions (including through a corporate travel agency or travel booking tool), as well as personal and corporate credit card purchases and out-of-pocket expenses. Employees can also upload receipt images or forward emails to create accurate expense reports without typing. With its responsive design, users will have the same features and experience on any mobile browser or using mobile apps as they have on a computer or tablet.
Accounts payable teams can use Chrome River's automated compliance, approvals, audit and reporting capabilities that integrate with any ERP solution or financial system. Chrome River EXPENSE is designed to be configurable to fit the way any business works.
See how we streamline expense management workflows
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||Armenian, Bulgarian, Canadian, French, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English - UK, English - US, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|
Frequently Asked Questions
Chrome River EXPENSE is expense management software, from Chrome River Technologies in Los Angeles, California.
Reviewers rate Support Rating and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 8.4.
The most common users of Emburse Chrome River are from Enterprises and the Higher Education industry.