Chrome Sign Builder
Chrome Sign Builder
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
Chrome Sign Builder, from Google, is a digital signage utility that allows users to schedule and display content across managed Chrome devices and networks, built to make it easy to show web content content such as restaurant menus, images, and YouTube videos and playlists–as well as Google Presentations, which can be edited by anyone who has access to the presentation.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
I use [Chrome] Sign Builder to turn an old Asus Chromebit into a digital display for our school. I have multiple Google Slides presentations that have been specially formatted to fit within certain parts of the screen, and then [Chrome] Sign Builder was used to display them all at once via a single URL. This means that parts of the display can be updated by simply updating the relevant presentation.
- Allow for multiple documents to be displayed on screen at once
- Makes creating a JSON file to feed into the Google Admin console easy
- Can be set to work on different schedules if necessary
- Would be good if there was a way if it could update live rather than needing to export the JSON file and upload it to the management console manually
- Could be more visual based to make more complicated layouts easier rather than needing to use percentages.
- Dated design compared to Google's latest UI upgrade
[Chrome] Sign Builder is fantastic if you have specific single page documents which you would like to display at different times. It always works well with a Google Slides presentation which can be published to the web as this will automatically update on screen. It would not work well with longer documents that don't fit on a single screen. Documents are also limited to taking up a percentage of the screen starting from one of the corners, it is not easy to customise the display further.