ChurnZero Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Amar Sarao profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Data Segmentation - ChurnZero lets you easily create custom reports called segments to give you a better understanding of your book of business and gain knowledge about specifics trends that may be happening. While this feature is available in Salesforce, the user interface is much cleaner and easier to use on ChurnZero. This helps you save time and be more creative with your outreach.
  • ChurnZero Plays - This feature does a great job helping you automate your outreach. A play lets you target a segment and send preplanned emails to prospects or clients, which makes life really easy if there's a broad message that needs to be sent out.
  • Flexibility - The ChurnZero platform is very flexible and was customized to fit our needs. During implementation, we were able to pull unique account attributes from Salesforce to be housed in ChurnZero and we have the option to make adjustments if our needs ever change.
  • Churn Score Feature - ChurnZero assigns a churn score to each account in your book of business to signify its risk of churn. I usually take this score with a grain of salt because it is not always 100% accurate and churn risk is usually too nuanced to be able to be described with a single number.
Read Amar Sarao's full review
Kristin Sours profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Via our online portal that our client base uses, we can send direct messages, pop-ups and even NPS surveys directly to their online account. This is extremely important because this is where our clients are logging in so we can tell them important things like "we have a new release, watch this video" or "do not lose access to your data, your renewal is right around the corner so email me". I feel like we're communicating with our clients in a way we could never do before.
  • It allows you to create segments. For example, I could create a segment of clients that are up for their renewal who have low usage. When a client enters that segment it can then alert me. Or even better, it can automatically send out an email and log activity to our CRM to follow up in a week. This 1 example will help us reach out to clients when they stop using the tool and/or find out why they did.
  • It integrates with all our systems: Salesforce, Zendesk, Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, webinars, etc.
  • Support is amazing!
  • It's a very advanced system so the onboarding is pretty extensive. It is not an "out of the box" tool so you need to expect that going into it. However, we are not a one size fits all company, so I like that it was tailored to us and built based on our unique tool/client base.
  • It definitely has a learning curve. Using it the tool will be the hardest part for your team so motivating them to use it is key. I recommend using their help center, it has so many awesome 'how-to' articles that are really helpful.
  • The Churn Score is tough to set up and at first, I was really overwhelmed at this point. However, our rep explained it as it takes a while to figure out what makes your client churn.
Read Kristin Sours's full review
Alex Henke profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Customization - CZ can be adapted to your success approach, not the other way around.
  • Reporting - The LiveExport feature, in particular, helps create cross-functional visibility.
  • Customer Success - Our CZ CSM provides an outstanding level of support.
  • Guidance on set-up - The customizability of ChurnZero is a double-edged sword and can slow the implementation process.
  • Knowledgebase - Could use some more detail.
Read Alex Henke's full review
Morgan Walker profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Playbooks - Automatically creates strategies for client outreach and account management based on various factors such as account health, renewal dates, etc. Very helpful when one person is managing hundreds of accounts!
  • Customization of metrics - allows companies to define the metrics by which they consider accounts to be healthy and can update these very easily
  • Integration with Salesforce is a huge plus! no more toggling back and forth between platforms
  • Detailed and easy to find support articles or training videos would be nice for newbies who are left to learn how to use the system on their own
  • Metrics can be hit or miss depending on how well ChurnZero is set up. This is more of a user error though.
  • Would like the option to CC people in emails
Read Morgan Walker's full review
Megan Grosskopf profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Being able to automate certain processes to free up Account Managers' time.
  • Being able to quickly identify clients that are at risk and be proactive in engaging/re-engaging them.
  • Allowing multiple ways to engage with customers aside from email, including in-app announcements.
  • The set up can be extremely time consuming, but they offer great training and support at all stages.
Read Megan Grosskopf's full review
Rhiannon Thompson profile photo

Pros and Cons

• The interface is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Everything is exactly where you'd expect it to be and readily accessible. Great for high volume account management.
  • Support has been amazing. When we have a question, it's answered right away. When we have a request, their team works with us to make it happen or find an alternative. Super impressed here.
  • Integration with other software such as Salesforce has been smooth and comprehensive. It seems to be highly customizable as well.
  • This is a powerful tool. You can glean a lot of data and track just about everything with ChurnZero.
  • Automation works well and saves so much time. Great balance between a tailored approach for customers and efficiency for employees.
  • Functionality of contacts could be improved. It would be nice to see contact roles, status, and info (email, phone, etc.) all on one page without having to click into each contact separately.
  • I would like to be able to customize the dashboard and command center on an individual level but that's pretty trivial. I might want to see different or more/less detailed information that my coworkers. This also may already be a feature that my company has not deployed.
  • Bulk editing would be helpful in Messages for Review. Sometimes an email to several contacts on an account needs a minor adjustment, without affecting merge fields, and being able to bulk edit, approve, and send would greatly improve efficiency.
Read Rhiannon Thompson's full review
Tahima Begum profile photo
September 30, 2019

ChurnZero Review

Pros and Cons

• Custom integration with our product information.
  • Reporting is easy to set up at the individual CSM level.
  • Integration with Salesforce is great.
  • I wish ChurnZero would rebrand the churn-score to health score. It's intimidating to present "churn-scores" since it's negative.
  • Manager level reporting needs to be done through reports.
Read Tahima Begum's full review
Sanjusha Kolli profile photo

Pros and Cons

• The automation process organizes all the accounts and the steps to complete our project all in one place. It shows what step you're stuck on in a certain account which is very useful.
  • The ability to choose what can be manual and what is automatic helps customize the details.
  • Removes the need for numerous documents and also allows management to track progress.
  • The email that is sent out to clients does not tie to our company or that it's coming from Churnzero. It is too general which may confuse clients.
  • Attachments are not allowed which is not too important for right now but can be useful in the future.
Read Sanjusha Kolli's full review
Maura Kelly profile photo
September 13, 2019

ChurnZero is Awesome!

Pros and Cons

• Pull in data for all accounts and quickly assess the health of my client accounts.
  • See dollar distribution and health - especially for higher contract value clients.
  • Receive alerts for accounts where usage has increased or decreased recently (for example).
  • Retrieve information on an account-by-account basis and review which pages in my platform are being used most often (and trended over time).
  • I would love for the search bar at the top of the screen to be a different color to be more identifiable.
  • I would like for the area on my dashboard called "Total Contract Amount by Churn Risk for All Accounts" to be clickable / hyperlinked.
  • No other complaints.
Read Maura Kelly's full review
Jordan Chen profile photo

Pros and Cons

• I like that there are easy data exports. Often times I'm tasked with pulling usage reports, but more importantly, what are they looking at when they log in.
  • I like the alert system. My mind is often in several places so it's good to be reminded of a client that I may not have thought of in a while.
  • The segments are also great because not only am I able to create my own segments, but I'm able to be easily assigned things which helps with my organization.
  • It would be helpful to be able to customize a specific time frame that we'd like to look at. Right now it's only specific segments, last month, this month, etc...
Read Jordan Chen's full review
Elsie Coffey profile photo
September 09, 2019

You'll never look back :)

Pros and Cons

• Allows you to sort your customers/accounts with incredibly detailed and versatile filters.
  • Allows you to run NPS campaigns and track and report on this information.
  • Can measure the overall usage of your customers so that you can make informed decisions of what your team needs to work on next.
  • The setup process of ChurnZero is quite intense and does require a lot of love and time, but it's worth it!
Read Elsie Coffey's full review
Marcus Torres profile photo

Pros and Cons

• An easy to navigate interface that allows admins to customize their user experience and focus on what is most important to their use case for the platform.
  • Their automation capabilities, specifically the ability to completely customize messaging that can be automatically created and used for completely different phases in the customer lifecycle.
  • Data, data, data. Their ability to integrate with multiple data points based on your needs was extremely impressive. The ability to use the data points within their platform and understand customer engagement in realtime, easily, all within the same tool is a home run.
  • Additional ways to view multiple accounts, currently you can only view one account. There are no additional tab options available in the platform.
  • More reporting options for historical meetings and correspondence.
Read Marcus Torres's full review
Mete Kural profile photo

• Tracking customer lifecycles
  • Automating customer communications
  • Driving product adoption
  • Analyzing churn
  • NPS campaigns
  • This is not specific to ChurnZero but customer success automation, and in fact, customer success, in general, is a new and fledgling field so it takes a good deal of educating internal teams on how to take advantage of customer success automation.
Read Mete Kural's full review
Chad Schexnayder profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Command Center: a great place for all CS team members to see which tasks they have remaining and what is upcoming.
  • Syncing: ChurnZero syncs with Zendesk, SFDC, and the API connection with our own platform, to monitor and report on usage/engagement.
  • Alerts: set up for when specific users take certain actions on the platform or enter low engagement.
  • I would make the editor to log activities larger by default, so that I can take notes without having to enlarge the window.
Read Chad Schexnayder's full review
Ben Butler profile photo

Pros and Cons

• The command center dashboard/UI is fantastic and allows me to see all of my tasks and to-dos in one place.
  • The alerts/messaging/playbooks all work beautifully together where I can automatically receive a notification to interact with an account based on specific criteria that we set so that nothing falls through the cracks and we can stay on top of everything in a very manageable way.
  • Being able to track all of the customer activity within the site helps us to strategize with each and every one of our customers in a very specific manner allowing us to build much stronger relationships.
  • I have not had enough experience with ChurnZero to where I can recommend areas that could use improvement. As a new addition to the CSM team, our department is still getting a handle on all of the functionality and capabilities that ChurnZero provides.
Read Ben Butler's full review
Allison Cloyd profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Really fantastic on-boarding with the ChurnZero team.
  • Being able to deploy and segment multiple NPS surveys is a huge win.
  • Calculating account health scores is infinitely easier when all of your data is in one place.
  • I'd like to see a bit of an easier flow to create segments, or to jump to creating segments from another part of the app since they're required everywhere.
  • I would love to see a Slack integration for NPS responses included with access.
Read Allison Cloyd's full review
Dave Dorsey profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Emails me promptly based on rules.
  • Allows me to see when a client becomes a paid subscriber.
  • Tells me about the interaction a client is using with the software we provide.
  • Make it easier to access directly from Salesforce.
  • More pre-created rules of engagement.
  • Allows editing the Dashboard.
Read Dave Dorsey's full review
Mark E profile photo

Pros and Cons

• ChurnZero does well-creating workflows through journeys and plays.
  • Segments allow filtering of any actionable items.
  • NPS surveys and reports allow tracking of customer satisfaction.
  • Having recurring journeys would be great for journey scenarios that occur more than once
Read Mark E's full review
Brian Hartley profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Excellent customer service/success consultants.
  • Robust functionality.
  • Reliable.
  • Due to its robust nature, it can sometimes be overwhelming to navigate.
  • Integrating with Salesforce.com can have its perks and challenges, not related to ChurnZero but data integrity has to be top of mind.
Read Brian Hartley's full review
David McNerney profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Playbooks/Journeys: very customizable, easy to trigger based on a variety of customer actions.
  • HealthScores: custom scores for various customer segments, automated scoring of our customers' health.
  • Calendar Tool: keeps me organized day-to-day and helps to stay on top of tasks/notes.
  • Set-up: I wish I had more control of my CZ set-up and didn't have to rely as much on my CSM to make changes.
  • Daily Updates to HealthScores: having to wait until the next day to see a change in score is frustrating.
Read David McNerney's full review
Emily Mikes profile photo

Pros and Cons

• Alerts you to accounts that have moved from medium risk to high risk and vice versa.
  • Easy to create and manage tasks.
  • Very simple to add filters to pull out different segments of a large customer base.
  • I wish there was a support number to call.
  • I wish it had a dialer.
  • I wish I could change the colors to a darker background, the white screen hurts my eyes.
Read Emily Mikes's full review

Role-based user permissions (54)
API (49)
Integration with Salesforce.com (47)
Product usage (64)
Help desk / support tickets (54)
NPS surveys (53)
Sponsor tracking (20)
Customer profiles (60)
Automated workflow (64)
Internal collaboration (50)
Customer health scoring (65)
Customer segmentation (64)
Customer health trends (62)
Engagement analytics (63)
Dashboards (65)

About ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.