Reviews (1-25 of 56)
- Stability and security.
- Simple and easy-to-use experience.
- Visibility of connected devices.
- Sencible to any network change.
- Sometimes the reconnection is not automatic.
- Troubleshooting can get complicated.
- Autoconnections are seamless for the users. There's nothing for them to do once it's all setup.
- It recognizes security certificates for the PC and user, so you can easily lock down the connectivity to the specific users and/or machines you need for your environment.
- Unless the WIFI is extremely poor, the software can make the connection and allow your users to function on the VPN.
- The client logs are usually good enough to begin troubleshooting issues - for example if you aren't getting good enough WIFI for connections or the certificates have expired and so on. However I wish they had more robust logs available without installing their special tools from Cisco support.
- I wish it could prevent users from open[ing] applications while it was attempting to connect. It's usually super fast to make connections, but this is based on the WIFI to some degree. Occasionally, we have users open Outlook too fast and add-ins gets disabled. It's not really a problem with this software, but I do wish it had the ability to prevent apps from opening until the connection is made or fails.
- Flawless remote working experience provided by AnyConnect.
- Improved security and visibility of remote connected staff.
- Multi factor authentication enabled VPN login.
- Work very well even on mobile apple devices.
- We have not had any problems till now.
- Cisco AnyConnect is an easy to maintain VPN product which saves us time
- Increased end-point visibility and security policy implications on each end-point
- Smooth process and management on admin side
- Handy and simple enduser application
- Nothing negative I have ever experienced
- Less memory consumption.
- Stable and secure.
- Deployment is easy and the UI is very minimal.
- Doesn't have two factor authentication.
- It disconnects automatically when there is fluctuation in internet speed.
- VPN can slow down the internet speed sometimes.
- High throughput to on-prem services.
- Easy to setup and easy to have anyone who knows cisco work on it and understand how to configure.
- Integrates well with umbrella.
- Could have more detailed logging in the client.
- Some reporting back to the ASA on connection statuses and throughput would be nice.
- Verifies Authorized Users Only--This security feature gives access to that user only
- Access from anywhere--Whether I am on a public IP or private IP or even using my mobile hotspot, I am able to connect to my secured servers via Cisco AnyConnect securely
- Stable Connection--Cisco AnyConnect has a stable connection in an event when I lose Internet connectivity
- MacOS platform--Cisco AnyConnect, at this point, is not available to Macs
- UI needs an upgrade--looks outdated; other VPN's have better looking UIs
VPN on ASA. It [saved] us [during the] pandemic [by making] secure home offices [for] the employees.
- Easy to use
secure VPN Connection
Help in ISE implementation (makes it faster and easier).
- Easy to use on mobile
- Secure VPN Connection
- Automated VPN Connection
- Limits the amount of effort required by users
- Has Cisco Umbrella client built in
- Configuration at the head-end can be confusing and difficult
- Diagnosis of issues can be time-consuming
Appropriate if you have Cisco Firewall/ Concentrator Head-end.
Not quite as useful with Cisco Meraki MX or third-party Head-end.
Not as useful if you use a service like Verizon Private Network or other Carrier private networking.
It might be helpful to have some better guidance in esoteric use cases, and better diagnostic guidance
Laptop users are able to connect to the organization's network with little effort.
We have benefited from this for many years now.
is being used as a secure remote access VPN solution. All the authorized
clients use the AnyConnect client for accessing the enterprise company
resources securely. It’s being implemented on main and drc site. Even some
international subsidiaries are using the AnyConnect for their secure internal access.
Due to covid, AnyConnect is the main backbone of the secure remote workforce
and covering the business regulations with its main features.
- Lightweight client with low resources need.
- Easy installation and config.
- Enhanced remote config and auto-update features.
- Affective host checker/compatibility function.
- Straight integration with Cisco ISE.
- GUI is simple and accessible directly.
- Messages on the client side is directly seen.
- Debug and message view assists the client and administrators.
- Good value for its prices.
- Next generation features are lacking.
- Split handling scenarios are limited.
- Sensitive to timeouts.
- Auto reconnect features does not work as expected.
- Auto mtu discovery does not work on some cases.
- Not a full featured solution on the client side.
- Detailed reporting is missing.
- Lack of multi device management.
- Application, url based dashboards needs to be enhanced.
Best suited for simple deployment on Cisco based environment
like Cisco ASA/Firepower devices where you need a secure remote VPN solution
for on premise access. If you have the Cisco ISE it’s directly integrated. Edge
is AnyConnect and all other intelligent profiling and policy orchestration is
through the ISE. When you have other vendor devices on the network edge
AnyConnect may not be the ideal solution. Again if you need a full feature
solution like AVP, DLP, Disk encryption etc, AnyConnect is not the one you’re
looking to. Integrations through the host checker is a must in this case. In cases with geoloc blocking or specific geoloc-based secure connectivity scenarios, AnyConnect is lacking..
However reporting and application monitoring is lacking. I like to see more next generation capabilities.
are addressed easily by the Cisco support team. You can get the new RMA HW in
the same day through the local Cisco depot. Tracking and opening a case is very
easy. Responds from the support is very fast. Another advantage to other
vendors, local Cisco team is very helpful in any case.
- Ability to connect to servers based out of multiple geographies and get user identity verified through those logins.
- Very easy to setup.
- Based on the server user is connected to, contextual rules ascertain user gets access to that server's apps only.
- With remote work, need of a VPN to ensure data security has been very much high but so have the costs gone up for having such a system in place.
- Cisco AnyConnect or any other VPN alone is not enough now and we need MFA solutions in place to ensure valid users using our systems.
- Process of setting up multiple servers is tedious but easy.
- Easy installation and configuration. Upon downloading the software, the setup prompts are very intuitive and well-integrated with single sign-on using your company login credentials.
- Fast and reliable remote access connection. The VPN access, system scan and DNS protection are all typically completed in less than 10 seconds, and the connection is held continuously for a period of 18 hours without any interruption.
- Intuitive layout and accessibility to network and diagnostic information. A quick Status Overview summary is available in 1-click, and the connection time elapsed and remaining are continuously displayed in the viewer window.
- Software currently relies on soft token two-factor authentication through PingID. Hard token option or other means of authentication would be a helpful feature for employees with alternate preferences.
- System Scan is mandatory and sometimes does not quickly run to completion. There have been instances where the System Scan got stuck at 10% complete for several minutes, which prompts me to disconnect and try again. These are rare (maybe 1 in 100 connection attempts), but cost valuable time.
- Slow to reject a mistyped password. If a login password is mistyped, the connection attempt proceeds for several seconds before prompting a re-enter of the password, which is a minor inconvenience and time loss.
AnyConnect is less appropriate for companies where saving time is a higher priority than security to company resources, as occasionally there are hang-ups in system scans which could be avoided if some security measures were bypassed.
- Allows users to connect to internal resources
- Highly configurable, which allows the organization choose how to deploy and what settings are made available to the users.
- Cisco AnyConnect works for Windows and Mac computers, which covers most organizations
- Secure for any type of organization
- From a technical background, I can't say there are many areas for improvement.
- Secure access to remote services
- Modular structure
- Ease of use
- I wish that the client had an option to generate a warning at a settable time period before timeout. This seems like a very basic need, and I'm surprised that the client doesn't already have this.
- I also wish that the client could be renewed before timeout without having to go through a disconnect/reconnect cycle - I'd like to be able to supply credentials again and have the timeout reset, without dropping all my existing connections.
- Secured VPN connection
- Easy installation
- Good value for money
- Can make use of low resources with lightweight client
- Easy Administration
- Authentication should also have option for biometric
- Experienced rare disconnectons
- Should have improved UI
The product is very well maintained.
- Easy to access.
- Quick login and access.
- Remote access anywhere as the name suggest AnyConnect.
- Sometime do not have internet speed issue.
- Not much of cons I can remember but the outage is something we have which are required.
- Troubleshooting the issue take time.
- Secure login to company network.
- Remote access.
- Login is quick, easy, [and] secure.
- Really not much negative feedback on the product, pretty simple, straightforward.
- Minimize downtime, we had 1 or 2 major outages in 2020.
- Prioritize server connection based on fastest available speeds.
Cisco AnyConnect Scorecard Summary
What is Cisco AnyConnect?
Cisco AnyConnect Video
Cisco AnyConnect Downloadables
Cisco AnyConnect Integrations
Cisco AnyConnect Competitors
Cisco AnyConnect Technical Details