- Easy to use secure VPN Connection Help in ISE implementation (makes it faster and easier).
- Easy to use on mobile
It is less suited for organizations that don't have the IT staff necessary to troubleshoot problems when they do occur because this can get complicated at times.
Appropriate if you have Cisco Firewall/ Concentrator Head-end.
Not quite as useful with Cisco Meraki MX or third-party Head-end.
Not as useful if you use a service like Verizon Private Network or other Carrier private networking.
Best suited for simple deployment on Cisco based environment like Cisco ASA/Firepower devices where you need a secure remote VPN solution for on premise access. If you have the Cisco ISE it’s directly integrated. Edge is AnyConnect and all other intelligent profiling and policy orchestration is through the ISE. When you have other vendor devices on the network edge AnyConnect may not be the ideal solution. Again if you need a full feature solution like AVP, DLP, Disk encryption etc, AnyConnect is not the one you’re looking to. Integrations through the host checker is a must in this case. In cases with geoloc blocking or specific geoloc-based secure connectivity scenarios, AnyConnect is lacking..
AnyConnect is less appropriate for companies where saving time is a higher priority than security to company resources, as occasionally there are hang-ups in system scans which could be avoided if some security measures were bypassed.
- Supported: Unified Endpoint Compliance
- Supported: Highly Secure Network Access
- Supported: Web Security
- Supported: Network Visibility
- Supported: Off-Network Protection (DNS-Layer Security)
- Supported: Mobile Device Support
- Supported: Basic & Advanced VPN
- Supported: Enterprise Access
- Supported: Roaming Protection
- F5 BIG-IP
- Citrix Gateway