Cisco AnyConnect

Cisco AnyConnect Reviews

TRUE

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Mitchell Bumgarner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cisco AnyConnect for VPN connections to not only our own corporate environment but also 90% or more of our customer environments. This is the most reliable and always my preferred VPN connection type when remotely working for customers. While other VPN solutions do exist, and we do have to use them sometimes, Cisco AnyConnect is the only VPN client that I feel comfortable having startup with my computer. Other VPN clients are intrusive, silently adding/changing network configurations without permission, and overall very interruptive to working with multiple remote clients at a time. Cisco AnyConnect VPN is fast, segregated, completely reliable, and most importantly, easy to use. Its reliability really outshines any other VPN that I've used so far.
Kenton Woods | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cisco AnyConnect is used across our organization for remote server access. Everyone from professors to undergraduate research assistants uses this platform in our department. This has been incredibly important as we have all worked from home. The application is useful and provides me and others access to our very large data files from anywhere we have internet access.
Benoît Desroches | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cisco AnyConnect is used by all employees in the organization to connect through the internal network via VPN. It helps employees access company resources in a more secure way. It has been very helpful since the beginning of the pandemic.
Cisco AnyConnect was previously used by a small proportion of the business that worked from home. Following Covid and work from home instructions, this was rolled out across the business and most users have now been using this solution. It enables secure connectivity for our users to connect remotely into the IT resources they require for their roles.
Cisco AnyConnect is used to connect via VPN from home, or to the local network in the office. [In my opinion,] this is a calamity. [I believe it is] one of the worse VPN clients ever developed. [In my experience] at home, I am constantly disconnected during the conf[erence]-calls via [Microsoft] Teams. I thought it was an issue with my router from a premium German brand, Fritz! [In my experience, it was] a bit strange, as it was only the laptop that was disconnecting, and the [other] 30 devices at home [were] not... I have meshed my wifi router with the repeaters and [in my opinion,] it seems it is not handled correctly by Cisco AnyConnect [and it] keeps on [searching] for networks, even when I choose the option settings to 'connect only to [the] current network'. In fact, yes it connects only to the current network, but [I believe] it switches from the signal source all the time, even when I am sitting at the same place at home. [In my opinion,] as a result, in a 10-minute stand-up meeting, I am disconnected at least one time and there is no trace of this on my router... [In my experience,] till yesterday, I thought it was an issue with my too complex network architecture at home. Just imagine a Fritzbox router, 1 Fritz! repeater with 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz band, which are meshed with the router, a QNAP NAS connected via powerline with [a] wifi antenna and set up as a repeater of the Fritz! repeater, so I have 1,2 Gbps everywhere at home and in the garden. :D But [in my experience] yesterday and today, I was in the office and I couldn't even update in page in confluence because I was disconnected every 2 minutes. [In my case, I got the] "we've lost the connection to you so we've disabled editing to prevent any issues..." [message]. [In my experience] yesterday, I thought my laptop was playing ping pong on the network with another user... but this morning, it is is playing ping pong although there is only one network and I am alone in the office! As other reviewers [have] mentioned: [I also believe it is] sensitive to any network change. [I also think] sometimes the reconnection is not automatic. [I also feel that] troubleshooting can get complicated. [I believe that these similar experiences to mine] implicitly mean that they faced the same, [in my opinion,] huge connection stability issues many times, so I find myself questioning how they could still give a 5 stars review.
Cisco AnyConnect is an extremely useful tool that is being used by all the departments across the organization. It helps to connect to the company's network without the fear of any security breach. It allows the employees to work from outside the company's premises without any hassle. This not only offers flexibility to the employee but lets the organization enable work-life balance for its employees.
Cisco AnyConnect allows us to provide split-tunnel VPN connectivity to our remote end-points and allow those resources to access corporate IT facilities in a seamless manner. The authentication and authorization are controlled using our existing AD. Regular Internet traffic is sent via the remote Internet connection, while traffic destined for the VPN-connect network is redirected over the IPSec tunnel as authorized.
We use Cisco AnyConnect to connect to our corporate network via a VPN. It establishes a secure tunnel between the endpoint device such as laptop or mobile and the corporate network and uses 256 bit AES encryption so the data connection remains secure. Through VPN, all the firewall policies of the company applies to the incoming and outgoing data from the endpoint, so malicious attacks by the websites can be prevented. Further, the VPN connection allows the user to access the internal storage server of the company. The VPN connection is reliable, stable, and very secure. Cisco AnyConnect uses multi-factor authentication to establishes a connection so that only legitimate users can connect to the corporate network.
We currently use Cisco AnyConnect for VPN connections to our own corporate environment so that employees can work from home. This is the most reliable and always my preferred VPN connection type and is easy to use. We also have some of our customers that use [Cisco] AnyConnect for their VPN client and we are able to use the same to connect to it.
October 11, 2021

Cisco AnyConnect Review

I've been using [Cisco] AnyConnect for a number of years both in my previous role and my current. The deployment is generally pretty quick with click-through options. Once deployed, the connection is usually stable. However, if it doesn't connect it usually requires a laptop reboot or uninstall and reinstall the application. Updates happen often, but that's just Cisco. Integrates nicely into Umbrella.
Cisco Anyconnect is currently being used by our organization in order for us to securely connect without network servers and access files securely. Cisco Anyconnect is being used across the whole organization. The business problem it solves is that it allows us to store our files in a safe and secure location on our own devices. This ensures that if our computers are lost or compromised, our files and data are safe.
Cisco AnyConnect client has been used across all departments of the organization ever since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. When the pandemic hit, more than ever employees needed to be connected to the corporate network from their homes. [The] Cisco AnyConnect client served this purpose very well, offering easy setup and great connection stability for the end-user.
This is being used across the whole organization to provide users with a secure VPN client/solution. It is also set up to work with two-factor authentication, which requires users to use this before the Cisco AnyConnect session is connected. This enables greater security for the Cisco AnyConnect client. It addresses the business problem of having a really good and secure mobility/VPN client that works for pretty much everyone in an organization.
November 24, 2021

Cisco AnyConnect Review

Currently, we are working from home, so to access the network of our organisation we need a VPN. For this, we use Cisco's AnyConnect. For using this we first need to authenticate with a combination of our own code plus dynamic code provided by Google Authenticator for added security. With this VPN we can access our office server seamlessly.
In our organization, Cisco Anyconnect has helped us to be able to provide secure and encrypted access to our corporate network to users dispersed in different parts outside the corporate network, at the beginning this type of access was only for IT users and area managers. However, due to the pandemic and the urgency of being able to enable remote work, this means of access was expanded to different areas and a greater number of users, the commercial, accounting, and administration team required safe and reliable access from their home computers. which was achieved with the deployment of Cisco Anyconnect.
Debbie Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
My entire company uses Cisco AnyConnect as our primary remote work connectivity tool. We have used it for the last 15 years, with all of our users using it as of 2 year[s] ago. We have added several layers of security and feel that this software made our transition to remote work during the pandemic flawless.
Nikola Marks | TrustRadius Reviewer
The company decided to move to partial remote working for some staff around 2018. We were in need of a secure company VPN solution. We decided to purchase Cisco's AnyConnect. We have been using it since that time - however, pandemic increased its importance. We are grateful that we had decided to use AnyConnect before pandemics so that we have had a chance to evaluate it without any pressure.
Nick Darnell | TrustRadius Reviewer
With the onset of a global need for remote access to company resources, Cisco AnyConnect has been crucial for productivity to continue. We had initially only implemented VPN access for key players and specific departmental needs but have now made it accessible to the entire workforce. What started as an isolated software use became a foundation for continued operations during remote work scenarios.
Christopher J Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
My mission as the head of the IT department is to arrange smooth service to our colleagues with maximum security [for] them and the company. Cisco AnyConnect is a member of our secure remote connection infrastructure. As our product subscriptions are mostly limited to company premises, at that pandemic period, remotely working colleagues [require] on-site access to subscribed digital (academic) libraries and products. We provide our colleagues secure remote [access] to on-premise products via Cisco AnyConnect.
May 13, 2021

AnyConnect rocks.

Ryan Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use AnyConnect as our VPN client of choice. Anyconnect works really well to connect to ASA's and ASA's are easy and straightforward to set up. The throughput on them seems to surpass any other products we have used and Cisco TAC is always good at helping us to configure or troubleshoot issues.
My organization uses Cisco AnyConnect across our whole organization and is managed by our IT department. We use it as a VPN Service so that our remote employees or any employee that is not connected to our corporate Wi-Fi will have access to the drives necessary to perform their jobs, and is very helpful due to the pandemic that left many of our employees working from home.
Stella Neal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Online academic journals and scientific softwares are licensed to be used in our company premises. Research and development department of the company requires access to paid research journals and databases, in addition to some on-site licensed softwares. As we are neither able to reproduce licenses, nor we are not able to purchase licenses individually, company VPN becomes a must to meet their needs. Cisco AnyConnect solves this problem by allowing them to connect to the services as they are in the company premises.
YagneshKumar Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cisco AnyConnect is being used across our entire department. Cisco AnyConnect is used to get us connected to our corporate and regional secured VPN to access our internal servers. One of the main problems that Cisco AnyConnect helps us with as a company is that it gives us a secured connection to access our customers' crucial data and we use Cisco AnyConnect on a daily basis. Moreover, different departments log into Cisco AnyConnect, which enables us to resolves our clients' issues really quickly.
Tony Dous | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Cisco AnyConnect over the whole organization. [It is] one of the best security network app that is used inside the organization and outside. We use it inside the network with ISE and outside by using VPN on ASA. It [saved] us [during the] pandemic [by making] secure home offices [for] the employees.

Cisco AnyConnect Scorecard Summary

What is Cisco AnyConnect?

Cisco AnyConnect is a secure mobility client solution for secure VPN access for remote works, designed to empower remote workers with frictionless, highly secure access to the enterprise network from any device from anywhere at anytime.

Cisco AnyConnect Features

• Supported: Unified Endpoint Compliance
  • Supported: Highly Secure Network Access
  • Supported: Web Security
  • Supported: Network Visibility
  • Supported: Off-Network Protection (DNS-Layer Security)
  • Supported: Mobile Device Support