Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cisco Catalyst 1000 Series Switches, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- PoE support
- Supported security
- Device management support
- Simple network management protocol
- Awesome performance
- Easy to manage
- Good CLI
- Easy to deploy
- Low maintenance
- The price is not cheap compared to other competitors
- 10G uplinks [are] not available
- Integration with other non-Cisco equipment is limited
- SFP for both (Fiber & Coper)
- C1000 gig ports are very useful for wireless AP's and smooth connectivity
- VLAN Management is outstanding
- Centralized management issues
- Combo ports must be included
- Licensing is very costly
The less appropriate scenarios: small offices due to cost, licensing costs too much for small offices, and use for extending networks or for bridging.
- They provide affordable drops for classrooms and labs.
- They provide PoE so we can supply our staff with VOIP phones without power bricks.
- They easily replace existing 2960-S series switches.
- If they could provide just a tad bit more PoE power that'd be great, but I do realize they are not the high-end switch solution.
- PoE+ support
- Great management support via Bluetooth, SNMP, RJ45 or USB console
- Good CLI / web UI manageability
- The switch should support dynamic routing
- The switch with 48 ports is not fanless
- Switch should support auto-bays on console port
- Inter VLAN Routing
- Provide four ports of Fiber Channel
- They are awesome and advanced switches. Only need to improve their syntax of CLI.
- Awesome performance
- User friendly (custom support)
- Easy management
- Connectivity (integration) issues with other products
- Price tag should be improved
- Should work on backup configuration
Price tag and integration with products other than Cisco has to be improved.
- It [has] very easy [deployment].
- [You] can monitor it in many countries or states.
- This device can be run on many servers, especially HTTP.
- If the price [was] reduced, I [would] be very happy.
- I suggest [that] there [should] be upgrades on the PoE to reach higher demands.
- The power supply this device comes with [could be improved].
- All standard PoE support
- No DNA license required
- Rugged switches for any environment
- Pricing may be decreased as per the current market
- Cisco must introduce L3 switches in 1000 Series
- 10G uplinks should be available
- Connecting LANs
- Work as edge switch
- Excellent throughput/performance.
- High resilience/reliability.
- Best-in-class enterprise support.
- Pricing could be improved.
- Feature set/performance at this price point is not as attractive as competitors.
- Integration/interoperability with non-Cisco products could be improved.
- Supports latest PoE standards with lots of power reserve.
- Easy management thanks to integration in management-interfaces.
- Offers everything you'd expect from a SOHO switch.
- If you're not used to how Cisco names stuff you might search a while to find the right option.
- Sometimes active- and backup configuration can be a bit confusing.
- The price tag is rather high. You might be able to save with cheaper brands if you don't need all the features it offers.