Reviews (1-1 of 1)
January 16, 2021
Score 9 out of 10
The Cisco Firepower 2100 [Series] is an amazing all in one Firewall solution for enterprise level business. We have replaced our existing ASA as our main company firewall with the Firepower 2100 series and it solves many of our previous problems with the ASA. The biggest which was having to manage Source Fire (Firepower) on its own outside of the firewall interface. Now it all lives in one box and makes life so much easier.
- Nice HTML5 web interface instead of the old java client
- Many added features over the ASA
- Firepower built in and faster than before
- Cisco patches bugs quickly but patches are slow to install and reboot
- Smart licensing is getting better but still can be troublesome
- Some weird visual interface glitches that require clicking the same options a few extra times
Read this authenticated review
The Cisco [Firepower] 2100 [Series] is an easy sell for anyone looking. You already know Cisco excels in the security department, but now that firepower lives right on the box and inline with the rest of the firewall data flow you can save yourself a lot of time and headaches. Unless you cant quite afford Cisco's 2100 line, there's not much reason to go with the competition.
Cisco Firepower 2100 Series Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Cisco Firepower 2100 Series?
Cisco offers the Firepower 2100 Series NGFW, designed to allow businesses to gain resiliency through superior security with sustained performance. The Firepower 2100 Series has a dual multicore CPU architecture that optimizes firewall, cryptographic, and threat inspection functions simultaneously, to achieve security doesn’t come at the expense of network performance.
Cisco Firepower 2100 Series Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Firepower 2100||3,000-20,000||per appliance|
Cisco Firepower 2100 Series Technical Details