Reviews (1-2 of 2)
August 26, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Currently using Cisco Firepower NGFW in our perimeter networks in 4 datacenters across our whole organization. Layer 7 firewalling and IPS services are utilized to keep our company safe and secure. Cisco Firepower has provided us with deep network and security visibility into the environment and helps prevent any unauthorized access and unwanted threats. Automated threat controls with the Intrusion Prevention System have proven crucial in saving time and reducing complexity.
- Provides solid security of your perimeter network by preventing attacks and unwanted access.
- Great network visibility to readily identify threats or unwanted behaviors.
- Automated policy application and enforcement allow for a much more efficient way of managing your network.
- Implementation of past ASA functions is not integrated well into the new FTD platform.
- Management Gui (FMC) needs speeding up.
- Flex config needs to be worked on to be less buggy.
Read Kenneth Ma's full review
Cisco Firepower NGFW excels in filtering and protecting your perimeter network. Malware detection and threat detection are very robust and provide a deep insight into your network. Cisco Firepower NGFW would be less appropriate at the datacenter level where trusted traffic is moving east-west.
January 12, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
SourceFire NGFWs are used mainly for our outbound internet access, replacing current ASAs, intrusion detection and other anti-malware hardware that is in place today.
Read this authenticated review
- Good for edge (OIA) firewall functions,
- Less suited for internal (segmentation) use
Cisco Firepower NGFW (formerly Sourcefire) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Cisco Firepower NGFW (formerly Sourcefire)
Cisco Firepower NGFW is a firewall product that integrates with other Cisco security offerings. It provides Advanced Malware protection, including sandboxing environments and DDoS mitigation. Cisco also offers a Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System, which provides security across cloud environments using techniques like internal network segmentation. Firepower can be managed locally, remotely, and via the cloud. The product is scalable to the scope of the business needs.
Cisco Firepower NGFW (formerly Sourcefire) Technical Details