Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls is a combined UTM and Software-Defined WAN solution. Meraki is managed via the cloud, and provides core firewall services, including site-to-site VPN, plus network monitoring.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/xb/mX/4WFZL1ANOD5T.JPEGMagical Meraki MX for Mid sized businessesWe use Meraki MX’s Across our entire organization. We have 5 branch offices and 2 headquarters buildings. We use the MX’s to mesh VPN all of our offices together. The Meraki line is easy to use due to its cloud-based management graphical interface. It also integrates with all of our other Meraki equipment and our Cisco equipment alike.,Easy configuration Easy reporting Easy management,Lacks some advanced features GUI requires multiple pages to navigate Needs better on prem management options,10,Reduce Opex Reduced management oversight Reduced outages,Juniper CX and Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls - PA SeriesGateway Security NirvanaWe installed the Cisco Meraki MX Firewall about two years ago, replacing a Dell SonicWall 2600. It is the gateway for redundant Internet connections for our organization and consolidates in a single device SD-WAN, traffic shaping, threat protection, access control, content filtering, and routing. It works seamlessly with the Meraki switches and wireless APs that I have on my network, giving me a comprehensive, cloud-based view of my entire network from a single dashboard. Before I had to log in to the firewall, switches, and APs separately (by device, no less) to monitor, configure, and update them, and I had to be on the network to do it. Now from one browser tab, and from anywhere, there is a secure Internet connection, I can monitor, configure, and update my network.,Provides for a comprehensive, graphical view of LAN and WAN status, including bandwidth consumption over time. The security center allows you to view affected clients and the threats that were levied against them. You can configure the system to email reports. I have one waiting for me in my inbox every morning, so I can review the activity of the previous day. For real-time views, I can simply access the dashboard. The content filtering is easy to configure and works extremely well. Traffic shaping allows you prioritize traffic on the network, such as VOIP and video conferencing, while limiting others, such as social media and music streaming services. You can also assign flow preferences by VLAN; for example, I channel VOIP traffic through a separate WAN interface from all other traffic. The device makes it easy to configure VLANs, by which you assign uplinks and bandwidth limitations and also provide addressing via DHCP. I have appreciated the lengths to which Cisco has gone to document the Meraki product line. And when that hasn't sufficed, the Meraki tech support has been incredible. They will log in to your network and help you get things properly configured if there is an issue or you want to make changes.,I purchased the Meraki Insight product, which allows for an extra layer of monitoring of what is happening on your network and monitors connectivity to other networks. It also allows you to set alerts for when your network, your ISP's network, or the remote connection is having an issue. This is extremely helpful, but I feel this should be included in the base product considering the price of the support package. It is designed to work with other Meraki products. If you install this product but your switches, APs, cameras, etc, are from another vendor, you will be missing out on the integrations and insights that come from managing your network from a single, cloud-based dashboard.,10,It has dramatically reduced the time and effort associated with monitoring, configuring, and updating my network. The appliance has been rock solid. We've never had an outage that can be attributed to the device. It's fast. VOIP, streaming, video conferencing, file transfers, etc, all happening simultaneously and nary a hiccup.,Great firewall solutionWe utilize the Meraki firewall at one of our satellite offices and they provide us the gateway/firewall functionality, as well as opeating a site-to-site VPN connection back to our main office. As well as this, they allow for personal client VPN access, which makes it possible for key members to connect remotely to the company.,The cloud management console is incredibly easy to use and very powerful The device looks the part, so for an open plan office it looks good Forms part of the Meraki estate to easily add wireless and switches into the network Very quiet operation, doesn't make nearly as much noise as other firewalls,Not cheap to purchase initially While the interface in the cloud is great (and constantly improving) it's aimed towards the less techy, and so certain features are squirreled away. once you have committed you have to pay for the cloud access for them to work. DO your homework on costs Can be difficult to sort issues if your internet connection drops internally,9,Cost of purchase and maintenance is high. And it significantly increased recently. This is offset by the ease of use which has a positive ROI effect since staff spends less time configuring and monitoring the firewalls. The web filtering was pivital to assist us keep users "business focused" so is a bonus,WatchGuard,Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Point, Cisco Meraki MS Switches,2,2,protection from hackers Interconnectivity between remote sites Web blocking of dodgy websites monitoring,Spotting potential network issues, with its web interface you could track network traffic all the way to particular users and so pin point when someone's machine is having issues easily.,Further investment in firewalls at other sites, to enable to alternative tunneling solutions they offer, thus meaning we can have seamless access over the backup lines we have would be interesting.,3,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,We would have potentially re-reviewed watchguard as they have a new raft of UTM features that seem interesting and also offer some new models that would potentially offer an interesting alternative to test against.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,As we have different model firewalls at other sites the IPSEC configuration (making the devices talk to one another) was the tricky bit but not impossible. Similarly to above, matching what we had with web blocking took a little time as it was a different interface,7,No,6,No,-,The web interface is very simple and the configuration is very easy, even for more complex requirements,If you have an issue that involves loss of internet connectivity, it can be a little hard to resolve as the web interface doesn't work,7The Cisco Meraki MX Firewall has made network management less stressfulIllinois College is using an MX450 with a hot spare as our main campus internet firewall. We also use an MX400 with a hot spare as our firewall for public internet IP addresses. Both address several issues as far as traffic shaping and security. We also use the Advanced Security license to address Malware and Intrusion Protection.,Ease of Configuration. Clear information on what the device is doing to block Malware or prevent Intrusions. Reporting of issues when they arise via email.,Not as flexible for advanced users who may have some very specific settings they would like to change. This does not affect our team but I have heard others complain outside of our organization. Client VPN is a bit spotty. There is not a specific client for this which would make set up a lot easier. Setting up the VPN in Windows is not as robust as we would like.,9,Running a smaller department, the Cisco Meraki MX Firewall has eased configuration for users who may not have advanced networking experience. The MX firewall with the Advanced Security feature has cut way back on our calls about viruses and malware.,Cisco ASA,ScrutinizerI wish all products worked like MerakiWe use the Cisco Meraki MX Firewall for our whole organization and utilize their firewall, switches, and wireless APs at a branch office and also for remote employees to connect everyone on a single VPN. They could not be easier to setup initially nor easier to manage, both on site and remotely. They have had every feature we could think of helping and again, I can't undersell how easy they are to manage.,Ease of Setup - When your device is shipped, you can log in to your dashboard and start setting it up. Then, once you connect it, it grabs all the settings from the cloud. We switched over from our previous solution in a couple hours, and if you know what you are doing, you could accomplish it faster. Ease of Administration - With the dashboard, you can administer everything remotely. The Meraki Dashboard is also easy to use. It has lots of capabilities that we don't currently take advantage of such as Content Filtering. Connecting branch offices and remote workers is very simple to roll out as well. Features - Our previous HP switches would constantly have ports go, and it was hard to tell which ones. With Meraki, we haven't had any ports fail in 3 years, but if we do, you can monitor and see which users are using which ports on the connected switches. RADIUS - We've connected JumpCloud with the RADIUS functionality and it works great.,The menus took some getting used to initially, but fortunately, their documentation and support have been great and I got the hang of things. Cost. I wish they cost less. But, you get what you pay for, and I think they are reasonable. Not many complaints. I feel like a bit of a fanboy, but I've been really happy with my Meraki devices.,10,These were a bit more expensive than some options, but well worth it now that we've had them for a few years. It's made remotely managing locations far less expensive since you don't need on-site staff or need to send IT staff remotely to help.,SonicWall TZ,Salesforce Service Cloud, G Suite, Kronos Workforce Ready,Set up. You can set up through the dashboard before you even receive the item. Once ordered, you can log the serial number and get things set up. Once plugged in, it grabs the settings and you hit the ground running. The dashboard makes it easy to remotely monitor.,Yes, but I don't use it,10Cisco Meraki makes routers easy!Cisco Meraki routers provide cost-effective WAN solutions that are quick for us to design, deploy, operate and manage for our clients.,Built-in security and PCI compliance reporting SD-WAN functionality Easy deployment with templates,Troubleshooting A better management display for security issues on the management dashboard,10,Our clients have a quick ROI due to savings SDWAN gave them. ROI for clients was also improved by the lower costs to manage and operate the network.,Juniper Enterprise Routers and Cisco RoutersMeraki MX: easy to setup and manage, lacking some critical featuresWe use Cisco Meraki to easily deploy networks to multiple locations around the country. It reduces IT management overhead with the simplicity and single pane of glass administration from the Meraki cloud. It provides a security gateway for our network as well as remote site connections and a remote worker client connections. It is used by all departments in order to access business resources within the company.,VPN Setup: extremely easy, do not need any technical knowledge, anyone can do it. Administration: can administer from anywhere you have an internet connection. Reliability: solid reliable product: Setup: setup is extremely easy, no technical knowledge needed.,Lack of DNS capability: it is uncommon for a gateway device not to have the ability to be a DNS server, it can act as a DHCP server so why not a DNS server. DNS server would add a lot of value as it would reduce the need for one to be put on the internal network Support: support is atrocious. They do not work to provide you with helpful solutions but provide canned answers without digging into the details of your network or researching your network errors.,6,Less need for IT staff.,Untangle NG Firewall and Fortinet FortiGate,PRTG Network Monitor, Vonage Business Cloud, Trend Micro Endpoint Security, G Suite, NetSuite, Shopify, NinjaRMMMeraki MX Firewall - Excellent choice for schoolsWe use Meraki MX as a security appliance/firewall. The traffic shaping feature has been beneficial in our school environment. The Meraki MX was easy to configure and deploy and customer support is outstanding.,Easy to configure and deploy User-friendly management console Excellent Layer 7 filtering capabilities,The license must be active, therefore, yearly licensing costs must be calculated and budgeted. Increased granularity in the dashboard controls,10,Reduced management time Increase throughput to end user by managing traffic at layer 7,Juniper CX,Cisco Meraki MS Switches, Cisco Meraki Wireless Access PointCisco Meraki MX is a great firewall and IPS solutionCisco Meraki MX Security Appliances are being used both across my entire company network and in multiple clients I support. Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances solve the business problems of property protecting business networks, data and internet traffic. Moreover, by adding on the Advanced Security License to the Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliance, you get active IPS protection that is easy to manage and powerful protection.,Easy to manage. Industry-leading security protection. Great support when needed. Great performance and uptime.,Price can be out of the range for some small businesses. An active license needs to be renewed and active at all times. Support response for low-level tickets can be long at times.,9,Enabled my business to become HIPAA Compliant because of the IPS (Advanced Security License) coverage. Having to renew the license every year can be costly for IT budgets for very small companies. Support is always available, 24/7 when needed.,,Ubiquiti Networks UniFi, Cisco Umbrella, Proofpoint Advanced Threat ProtectionCisco Meraki Firewall review – no more all nighters !We use Cisco Meraki MX devices in over 500 location across the Western United States, Hawaii, Alaska and Micronesia’s to perform corporate VPN tunnels to sensitive data, maintain PCI Compliance, provide content filtering and intrusion detection.,Static and Dynamic WAN IP assignment is simple to use and set up 4G Failover is crictical on our retail outlet and allows for maximum uptime High Availibility for our Data Centers and key locations Easy to manage and configure even from a smart phone or tablet in the field One pane of glass for our entire WAN and Security,Muiltcast over WAN - This is a key technology for notification and paging that Meraki has promised for 4 years but has not delivered. Manage discrete aspects like built in wireless or firewall rules by policy rather than my template. Capacity to group large numbers of networks in regions or segments. Hard to search thru 500 networks when they are all in a single drop down list.,10,Easier to manage and budget IT assests and services. No more smartnet renewals! Hurray! Lower cost to deploy due fewer high level network engineers needed.,,PRTG Network Monitor, Citrix NetScaler, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)To Meraki, or not to Meraki?Implementing Meraki across our various branches has helped with business continuity. The reporting enables us to plan correctly, and it is the ease of deployment is what really stands out. We have been able to save so much on rollouts, and the management console makes it a breeze to manage.,Deployment times reduced. Central Management costs. View into the network greatly improved, all the way to Layer 7. Security greatly improved.,Reporting is great online, but an improvement to export the reports to PDF would be great.,10,Deployment costs reduced. Licensing cost have increased. Management time reduced.,,Microsoft Office 365,10,10,Centralised Management for our NOC/SOC Cloud management makes deployment a breeze. Advanced Security allows for proactive Security management and integration,Combined with the MS and MR products proves to be beneficial giving up to date Layer 7 information about the network. The MR Bluetooth beaconing allows for gathering key metrics around visitors, passerby's, and loyalty customers.,Security, security , security, as they continue to strengthen their security offerings we are able to leverage their strengths and protect our customers better each day. This has led to some additional revenue streams and reduced the average support costs. The Meraki API allows for a lot of future development within our customer base and with potential new customers.,10Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances ReviewWe use Meraki MX as a security appliance/firewall. With an advanced security license, the content filtering, IDS, and geographical blocking features are surprisingly good compared to using alternative solutions with no noticeable performance hit as long as you size the unit properly. The geographical blocking is a great security feature but you have to use with planning. I’ve managed to block a few vendors' websites and mail servers without realizing what country those vendors were located in. When you’re not use to having geographical blocking the first time I I had that problem it took a while to troubleshoot why the connectivity was missing. Sorta over secured myself. Not the MX’s fault.,The dashboard brings all management features with you wherever you are. All you need is an Internet connection and a browser and you can manage the solution. The dashboard tracks your uplink connectivity to the dashboard and double checks with you all changes impacting the connectivity, making it much safer to enact changes remotely. Dual WAN connections are greatly simplified and site-to-site VPNs automatically connect regardless of what WAN connection is active. Site-to-Site VPNs are the easier to setup than any other vendor’s solution. You simple pick two or more devices to tunnel together and then select what network subsets should be allowed to cross the tunnel and you are done. The solution handles all the details. Site-to-site VPNs can dynamically follow IP changes with no need for static IPs. For MSPs the dashboard is even more convenient as all your clients are on the same MSP account. Switching between managing different clients Meraki equipment is a few clicks once you login to the dashboard. Two-factor authentication is available for enhanced dashboard security.,Some advanced enterprise features are missing, but for SMBs this solution is a dream to deploy and manage. Complex environments should look elsewhere, but I personally have not ran across anything that Meraki has not been able to handle so far. On the dashboard is a “Make a Wish” button to request new features. In three years, I have made three wishes and they were all were granted.,9,Previously I managed Cisco ASA equipment and enjoyed these firewalls. The need to train other admins and deployment at MSP clients were at the top of my list for switching to Meraki MX. The learning curve is much less steep for new security admins and the central dashboard allows coolabritive efforts when admins are in different locations. Built-in change management makes it easy to see who made specific changes as changes are logged on the dashboard. Other content filtering solutions that I have used had more bells and whistles, but given the cost, complexity, and management overhead, I am very pleased with Meraki’s solution.,,Ubiquiti Networks UniFi, Cisco ASAReview review review a router today!Meraki MX,They are being sold to our customers. They provide a single pane of glass view of the network and are easy to administer and deploy. The auto-VPN technology can save hours on deployment. They still provide enterprise-level security with integrations into AMP and Umbrella. Providing SD-WAN features as well makes this a great product.,SD-WAN Auto-VPN ZTP,Access lists harder to manage. Lacking some enterprise features. No enterprise versions of the product.,9,SD-WAN saves circuit costs. Load balancing allows for use of both DIA circuits. Quick management saves staffing costs.,Yes, it was important. Cisco Meraki MX could do a better job integrating with Cisco classic equipment. It doesn’t currently support OSPF or EIGRP. It does support LTE connections which is great. Meraki APs abs switches are managed in the same dashboard, so that does help administer the product as a whole.,We have benefited from the security feature of Meraki’s MX series. These routers support IPS, Web filtering, Umbrella integration and AMP, all in one box. The biggest impact is to the value our small to medium business clients get from the Meraki devices. We are confident their networks are properly secured.,Cisco routers are best in class are providing continuous access to applications on the network. They are reliable, and have an amazing feature set, especially in the ISR series. These routers support SD-WAN, voice, and security. They provide quality of service for applications over the WAN, which allows us to maintain SLA.,Fortinet FortiGateFirewalling With EaseTransitioning from traditional firewalls to Meraki branded firewalls was more of an opportunity to enhance "usability" while still maintaining the strong Cisco name. The ease of manageability and not having an army of CCNA's with firewall knowledge was made easier using Meraki MX Firewalls.,Instead of complex rule-based ACLs, Meraki simplifies the creation of access rules through its graphical interface. Deployed with other Meraki-based products, Meraki MX Firewalls provide complete visibility across the network from end-point to core. Support is much easier to work with and updates are much easier.,Integrating into non-Cisco or other networks sometimes is difficult. We had to call support to correct a connectivity issue. Although you can request features, sometimes feature requests never materialize.,8,Much less expensive from our original equipment, with less cost and time to maintain. You don't need to have a ridiculously certified staff member to operate which lowers the cost related to employees.,Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls - PA Series and Fortinet FortiGate,McAfee Endpoint Security, Bitdefender GravityZone, Cisco UmbrellaThis little thing works. Really!It's used by the entire organization. It solves the failover feature that usually was big trouble for us. Everytime the MPLS failed, our team needed to work as crazy to fix again.,Failover control Web management QOS Mix VPN and other links to ensure safety,Have the option to use more failover connections. Two are enough in most cases. Be a little bit more granular in the dashboards. The "application control" feature should have documentation to shout what the application is. Urls and ports related to that application.,10,No more downtime caused by a single link. Report of web access, by IP, users, and the destination. Schedules reports.,Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL),AWS Lambda, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Route 53, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Relational Database ServiceMeraki MXMeraki MX,We use MX Meraki for our retail branch banking. We use them as easy to manage air droppable systems. With branches spread out, it's important to reduce the cost for administration and remote admin is Meraki's strength.,Remote Administration Low cost low CAPEX Easy to use interface,Requires internet OPEX may not be best model,10,Lowered admin costs More predicted costs,Compatibility was not a huge factor in Merkai selection. Other Cisco products are better positioned for that.,We don't use the Merkai MX for security.,Cisco Merkai has very good SMB capability span. Application performance is on par with other routers in this segment.,No,Since we were implementing SD-Access for Branch deployments the Cisco Meraki evaluation was great. I'm not sure we would have done it differently.,Cisco Prime Controller 3rd party integration CLI (if you know it),CLI(if you don't know it) IOS commands Understanding routing protocols,No,6,8,10,10Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls are very easy to manageEvery business needs a firewall. Businesses with more than one location need a way to connect those locations securely. Instead of buying expensive site to site data connections, you can buy lower-cost internet connections and use the Meraki MX Firewalls to connect your locations through their Site to Site VPN. It includes the normal firewall of ports. You also get a content filter, threat protection with AMP, and it acts as a VPN concentrator.,Site to Site VPN. Easily connect your locations in either a Mesh or Spoke VPN. Content Filtering. Protect your PC's with content filtering. Cloud Managed. You can configure almost everything in the cloud. You can see traffic graphs and tell when your connections go up and down. Client VPN.,Cisco Meraki AMP isn't full AMP. It would be nice to have full AMP available on the Meraki MX. Licensing and Support. A great device, however, you have to keep renewing your license to use it. It would be nice to separate support from License and have a lifetime license and pay yearly support. If you don't pay support you could still manage it. Currently, if you don't renew then you can not manage the device anymore. It will work with the last config only.,10,I'm able to know immediately when a site goes up or down. The dashboard emails me. I receive notices because of AMP when it realizes bad files have been downloaded. The security allows us to separate our Guest network away from our regular network so they can't touch our internal LAN.,,Cisco Meraki MS SwitchesThe best firewall ever madeIn my organization, the Cisco Meraki MX firewall is the backbone of our network. It has made my job so much easier since the device is fully manageable online; giving me the ability to diagnose any and all connectivity issues on the fly. Additionally, it requires much less training and programming than other brands of firewalls.,Admin friendly Life saver Turn-key,Still limited functions compared to other enterprise firewalls Higher cost of ownership than some other brands Licensing is very unforgiving. Will shut down your network for nonpayment.,10,While more expensive, it has brought down our setup labor costs significantly. Much faster recovery time due to any issue Cisco Meraki support is the best all around,Fortinet FortiGate and Cisco ASA,Cisco Meraki Wireless WAN, Meraki MS Switches, NetGear ProSafe Managed SwitchesMy life is easier thanks to MerakiWe recently purchased a Meraki MX Firewall for our organization as we are growing and need a more heavy duty piece of equipment that can handle all our traffic. This Firewall is being used across the whole organization although most users have no idea it is being used or what a firewall is or does. We bought this product because our older firewalls were no longer able to handle our growing traffic and was dropping packets or crashing altogether. So far our Cisco Meraki MX Firewall has been perfect and have had no issues.,Easy to setup UI is a breeze to work with Set up before it arrived then connected it to the internet and it added my config,Yearly subscription price was a little out of my comfort zone but upper management agreed it was a must have with our growing company,10,consistent performance has helped keep our network up and working so all our employees can stay hard at work. The URL filtering has helped cut out employees slacking by blocking distracting sites.,Juniper SRX,GoToMeeting, Slack, TeamViewer, Microsoft Office 365, Power BI For Office 365, Digium Asterisk, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Vagrant, JIRA Service Desk, JIRA SoftwareCisco Meraki and Why it will make your life simplerHaving Meraki Firewalls changes the way you manage security within your organisation. It allows you to manage multiple sites centrally with ease. Simple VPN and user management and with it all tied into active directory single sign on for our users no matter where they are working from. As it's Cisco, security is built in and It means I have to worry less about what they are accessing. I used to have to restart our router and check for updates and fix things on a weekly or daily basis now I may visit my console twice a month as the firewall takes care of itself.,Managing Multiple site Networks from a single window Simple and Easy VPN Setup Security Built-in at the core True 24/7 enterprise support,It's not the cheapest firewall but it is the easiest,10,Less Network Down Time We now place these at all of out locations,Ubiquiti Networks UniFi,FileMaker ProGreat for many small officesOur business grew to 30 locations in 10 countries over the past five years, all these offices access corporate applications and cloud services. Remote office deployment and administration was becoming complex and costly with our Juniper SSG based firewall infrastructure. We moved all 30 locations to Meraki MX/Z1 devices, and kept Juniper firewall for our data-center.,Deployment for small offices is very easy. Ship a Z1, clone your template configuration, adjust a few settings and you're ready to go. Cost is very competitive, at least with APAC pricing. You can't beat the price point of Z1 for home offices. Monitoring and reporting features are very good. Out of the box you get basic, but comprehensive reports on bandwidth, sessions, traffic. Application identification is ok, not great but sufficient for basic use cases (mail, browsing, cloud applications, citrix, smb...).,MX seem to be designed for active/passive up-link scenarios. Routing/load balancing features are very basic. Sales channels are weak, it doesn't feel integrated with the rest of Cisco yet, and you'll struggle to get trainings, product roadmaps or feature requests processes. Technical support team are qualified, but not responsive. Our teams frequently waits until the next-day for a response on their tickets.,8,Reduced time to open an office from weeks to days. Reduced small offices administration and monitoring costs. Improved small offices network uptime with active/passive and 3G failover features.,Meraki MX FirewallMeraki MX firewalls are the best in the industry. They provide excellent features and are very easy to configure and deploy. Meraki provides excellent customer support, and are constantly improving their products. The ability to control multiple sites all from the web interface without being on site is wonderful.,Managed centrally over the web. Very easy to deploy & configure. Great customer support. The intrusion detection feature: It detects and removes any potential threat (viruses, malware etc),Very expensive. If you stop paying for support, they stop passing traffic.,9,The cost and support are very expensive, but worth it. Reduced cost of IT staff. Manage and control every site from the Dashboard has made us save countless hours.,,Apple Remote Desktop, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Skype for BusinessMX firewall brings a new perspectiveMX is used in retailing companies for the ease of use, sdwan, and all built-in features making the product a higher value. It can address very fast deployment where traditional solutions can't.,Sdwan Routing Filtering,Dynamic routing Mpls support Guest Wifi,8,Security for less money Future proof Miss advanced utm,Cisco Meraki MX Series ReviewLike many organizations after time your firewalls eventually become outdated and outgunned by current gen threats. We found ourselves in this situation a couple of years ago and after doing some research settled on the Cisco Meraki MX Firewall series. As of right now we only have one but we are looking at possibly adding them to our other facilities as they age. I highly recommend purchasing the Advanced Security License as that adds content filtering, anti-virus scanning and intrusion detection. We saw a huge drop in virus and malware infections right after upgrading our license. We've been very happy with the purchase overall.,Easy to set up and maintain. The Cisco brand brings you the reliability you know while Meraki created an interface that is very easy to manage. You don't have to be Cisco certified to operate this firewall. Push of the button to download the latest firmware and install. Always connected. Your Meraki is always connected to the Cisco network and coupled with the Advanced Security License it adds an extra layer of protection. You can also access all of your firewalls easily from anywhere. It makes managing multiple locations a breeze. Very fast and easy to setup site-site VPN between multiple Meraki. Slick Dashboard. The dashboard has a great layout and allows you to see what is happening even down to the individual devices. Easy to read reports page, security page and bandwidth usage. Control/Security. Very easy to set up rules to block sites, throttle bandwidth and even block suspicious connections to a machine. Fast VPN setup. It takes seconds to setup a user for VPN. Lots of easy to setup features. You can tie into your Active Directory, DHCP for smaller offices, traffic shaping and packet capturing etc. Easy to setup Content Filtering, AMP (Anti_Malware Protection) and White/Black lists.,The only real issue we've ran across was a PAT routing issue that wouldn't allow us to connect to a state agency. I would talk to a Cisco rep in case you have any specialized VPN connects. It's not an issue as 99.9% of folks wouldn't run into this as it was very specialized situation. Cisco certified users may dislike not having command line and granular control like other Cisco Firewalls. It's designed for easy of use and modern interface. Internet connection. The dashboard you access through the internet even if you're on the same network. There is a local interface but it for the initial setup not for managing the box. It hasn't been an issue for us but if your internet connection is of poor quality it might be frustration to manage. Yearly costs. We paid several years in advance for the security license. Some may not like having a yearly fee but think of it as a maintenance plan. It is well worth the money. Can't drill down like you can with an ASA product with FirePOWER/FireSIGHT as the primary focus of the Meraki is easy of use. Cisco's Content Filtering is decent but sometimes blocks legitimate sites that you have to white list.,10,It lowered our malware infections first with the basic license but almost non-existent with the Advanced Security. Less time dealing with cleaning up machines and more time to solve other IT issues. Saved us a lot of money from paying outside vendors or specialized staff to manage our firewall. Saves time. Changes take seconds instead of minutes or hours with traditional command line operations. Frees up time to focus on other things. Increased security. Most mid to small range businesses just hope that their firewall is doing what it is supposed too but with the Meraki line you can know in seconds.,,TimeClock Plus,VPN access for users Content Filtering Site to Site VPN setup Rules for specific users or devices,None,Yes,10Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls - Goodbye CLI!We use Meraki MX Firewalls at each of our 22 locations throughout the Northeast US. The ease of implementation and use is what sold us when it was time to replace our aging Cisco gear. That and all the useful info the Meraki dashboard gives you. Implementing the MXs, along with their Switches(MS) and APs(MR) has really transformed our ability to manage our IT environment.,Centralized cloud management. Access the dashboard from any browser anywhere. Auto-VPN. Gone are the tedious/complex days of setting up VPN connections between sites. Intrusion Prevention/Content Filtering/Malware protection. Each can be enabled with the Advance Security License. Application Visibility and Control. Compared to our old ASA, the amount of information you now see is just amazing. Ability to quickly and easily see what machines are hitting what. And then apply traffic shaping rules if you like.,The only con I can think of is the lack of performance stats for the MX itself. You cannot see CPU/RAM utilization.,10,Simplified management of our network. Gave us all the info we could want and an easy way to change things. Allows us to make needed changes quickly as they arise. Automatic fail-over to backup circuits. And the ability to utilize both circuits at the same time.,Cisco ASA
Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls

• Easy configuration
  • Easy reporting
  • Easy management
  • Lacks some advanced features
  • GUI requires multiple pages to navigate
  • Needs better on prem management options
The Cisco Meraki MX line is best suited for small to mid sized business units that need to inter connect offices. The Meraki VPN solution is extra easy to setup and manage multiple endpoints from a single dashboard. The Meraki firewall rules are extremely intuitive and easy to configure as well.
Read Preston Collins's full review
Nathan Roberts profile photo
July 30, 2019

Gateway Security Nirvana

• Provides for a comprehensive, graphical view of LAN and WAN status, including bandwidth consumption over time.
  • The security center allows you to view affected clients and the threats that were levied against them. You can configure the system to email reports. I have one waiting for me in my inbox every morning, so I can review the activity of the previous day. For real-time views, I can simply access the dashboard.
  • The content filtering is easy to configure and works extremely well. Traffic shaping allows you prioritize traffic on the network, such as VOIP and video conferencing, while limiting others, such as social media and music streaming services. You can also assign flow preferences by VLAN; for example, I channel VOIP traffic through a separate WAN interface from all other traffic.
  • The device makes it easy to configure VLANs, by which you assign uplinks and bandwidth limitations and also provide addressing via DHCP.
  • I have appreciated the lengths to which Cisco has gone to document the Meraki product line. And when that hasn't sufficed, the Meraki tech support has been incredible. They will log in to your network and help you get things properly configured if there is an issue or you want to make changes.
  • I purchased the Meraki Insight product, which allows for an extra layer of monitoring of what is happening on your network and monitors connectivity to other networks. It also allows you to set alerts for when your network, your ISP's network, or the remote connection is having an issue. This is extremely helpful, but I feel this should be included in the base product considering the price of the support package.
  • It is designed to work with other Meraki products. If you install this product but your switches, APs, cameras, etc, are from another vendor, you will be missing out on the integrations and insights that come from managing your network from a single, cloud-based dashboard.
If you want the best of the best, need/want to be able to manage your network from anywhere, and are able to make a commitment to have an all-Meraki network, then the Meraki MX Firewall is for you (keep in mind there are several models of the MX firewall, so you can buy the one that matches your needs). I have a 400 series firewall, which is at the top end, but if you have a small network with just a few users and don't need redundant Internet connections, for example, you can choose a lower-end model. The Meraki line of products is not cheap, but they are worth it if you can stretch your budget. Once you've had a taste of software-defined networking, you will never want to have it any other way.
Read Nathan Roberts's full review
James Martin profile photo
March 14, 2019

Great firewall solution

• The cloud management console is incredibly easy to use and very powerful
  • The device looks the part, so for an open plan office it looks good
  • Forms part of the Meraki estate to easily add wireless and switches into the network
  • Very quiet operation, doesn't make nearly as much noise as other firewalls
  • Not cheap to purchase initially
  • While the interface in the cloud is great (and constantly improving) it's aimed towards the less techy, and so certain features are squirreled away.
  • once you have committed you have to pay for the cloud access for them to work. DO your homework on costs
  • Can be difficult to sort issues if your internet connection drops internally
Been great for our satellite office, but looking to expand to others as the multi-wan site to site VPN solution looks great. IT integrates well with the other solutions we have (wifi and switches), so monitoring all aspects of the network are very easy and troubleshooting is a doddle as a result.
Read James Martin's full review
Marc Benner profile photo
March 12, 2019

The Cisco Meraki MX Firewall has made network management less stressful

• Ease of Configuration.
  • Clear information on what the device is doing to block Malware or prevent Intrusions.
  • Reporting of issues when they arise via email.
  • Not as flexible for advanced users who may have some very specific settings they would like to change. This does not affect our team but I have heard others complain outside of our organization.
  • Client VPN is a bit spotty. There is not a specific client for this which would make set up a lot easier. Setting up the VPN in Windows is not as robust as we would like.
Meraki MX Firewalls are an excellent choice for smaller organizations with a smaller IT team. It allows me to give the access needed to other IT professionals in my department without the concern that they will make big mistakes in the configuration. The automatic Site-to-Site VPN is also handy for external locations.

It may not be suitable for larger locations that need a lot of advanced flexibility configuration-wise.
Read Marc Benner's full review
Jonathan Tanis profile photo
March 11, 2019

I wish all products worked like Meraki

• Ease of Setup - When your device is shipped, you can log in to your dashboard and start setting it up. Then, once you connect it, it grabs all the settings from the cloud. We switched over from our previous solution in a couple hours, and if you know what you are doing, you could accomplish it faster.
  • Ease of Administration - With the dashboard, you can administer everything remotely. The Meraki Dashboard is also easy to use. It has lots of capabilities that we don't currently take advantage of such as Content Filtering. Connecting branch offices and remote workers is very simple to roll out as well.
  • Features - Our previous HP switches would constantly have ports go, and it was hard to tell which ones. With Meraki, we haven't had any ports fail in 3 years, but if we do, you can monitor and see which users are using which ports on the connected switches.
  • RADIUS - We've connected JumpCloud with the RADIUS functionality and it works great.
  • The menus took some getting used to initially, but fortunately, their documentation and support have been great and I got the hang of things.
  • Cost. I wish they cost less. But, you get what you pay for, and I think they are reasonable.
  • Not many complaints. I feel like a bit of a fanboy, but I've been really happy with my Meraki devices.
These are great for SMBs and I would imagine scale well for enterprises, though I don't have expertise in that arena. I love how all their products "mesh" together nicely. They are easy to buy, easy and fast to setup, and easy to manage. They are exceptionally good for offices with multiple locations.
Read Jonathan Tanis's full review
Daniel Hosking profile photo
March 07, 2019

Cisco Meraki makes routers easy!

• Built-in security and PCI compliance reporting
  • SD-WAN functionality
  • Easy deployment with templates
  • Troubleshooting
  • A better management display for security issues on the management dashboard
They have been great, in my experience, for networks of over 100 sites for deployment and management. The effort for both of these is a fraction of traditional routers.
Read Daniel Hosking's full review
Brian Duffy profile photo
March 05, 2019

Meraki MX: easy to setup and manage, lacking some critical features

• VPN Setup: extremely easy, do not need any technical knowledge, anyone can do it.
  • Administration: can administer from anywhere you have an internet connection.
  • Reliability: solid reliable product:
  • Setup: setup is extremely easy, no technical knowledge needed.
  • Lack of DNS capability: it is uncommon for a gateway device not to have the ability to be a DNS server, it can act as a DHCP server so why not a DNS server. DNS server would add a lot of value as it would reduce the need for one to be put on the internal network
  • Support: support is atrocious. They do not work to provide you with helpful solutions but provide canned answers without digging into the details of your network or researching your network errors.
It is well suited for small businesses with little to no IT staff. Larger non-profits that do not have an IT staff, or if IT is made up of volunteers (such as churches,) would be a good fit for Meraki MX. Not suitable for large corporations with dedicated IT staff that can manage a much more affordable product that has more features.
Read Brian Duffy's full review
David Perkin profile photo
June 26, 2019

Meraki MX Firewall - Excellent choice for schools

• Easy to configure and deploy
  • User-friendly management console
  • Excellent Layer 7 filtering capabilities
  • The license must be active, therefore, yearly licensing costs must be calculated and budgeted.
  • Increased granularity in the dashboard controls
The traffic shaping ability of Cisco Meraki MX Firewall is highly beneficial in the school environment.
Read David Perkin's full review
Scott Stefan profile photo
March 02, 2019

Cisco Meraki MX is a great firewall and IPS solution

• Easy to manage.
  • Industry-leading security protection.
  • Great support when needed.
  • Great performance and uptime.
  • Price can be out of the range for some small businesses.
  • An active license needs to be renewed and active at all times.
  • Support response for low-level tickets can be long at times.
Very well suited for small and medium-sized business with a small or no IT staff. Moreover, regulated industries such as HIPAA Covered Entities are a good candidate for Cisco Meraki MX's, since you can purchase the Advanced Security License and have full IPS coverage for all internet traffic in and outbound.
Read Scott Stefan's full review
Randy Haan profile photo
March 01, 2019

Cisco Meraki Firewall review – no more all nighters !

• Static and Dynamic WAN IP assignment is simple to use and set up
  • 4G Failover is crictical on our retail outlet and allows for maximum uptime
  • High Availibility for our Data Centers and key locations
  • Easy to manage and configure even from a smart phone or tablet in the field
  • One pane of glass for our entire WAN and Security
  • Muiltcast over WAN - This is a key technology for notification and paging that Meraki has promised for 4 years but has not delivered.
  • Manage discrete aspects like built in wireless or firewall rules by policy rather than my template.
  • Capacity to group large numbers of networks in regions or segments. Hard to search thru 500 networks when they are all in a single drop down list.
Cisco Meraki MX devices are an excellent fit for the small or medium company in managing a large number of satellite offices in a seamless and homogenous fashion. Great not to depend on a CCIE to have to configure an ASA firewall rule or troubleshoot a breach.

Not the best for protecting Data Center environments where complex application needs and vulnerabilities can crop up.
Read Randy Haan's full review
David Westgate profile photo
March 14, 2019

To Meraki, or not to Meraki?

• Deployment times reduced.
  • Central Management costs.
  • View into the network greatly improved, all the way to Layer 7.
  • Security greatly improved.
  • Reporting is great online, but an improvement to export the reports to PDF would be great.
From small businesses with a single access point to some of the largest companies. Retail stores, the reporting can give you some detailed insight to your customers, from numbers to repeat customers etc.
Read David Westgate's full review
March 01, 2019

Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances Review

• The dashboard brings all management features with you wherever you are. All you need is an Internet connection and a browser and you can manage the solution. The dashboard tracks your uplink connectivity to the dashboard and double checks with you all changes impacting the connectivity, making it much safer to enact changes remotely. Dual WAN connections are greatly simplified and site-to-site VPNs automatically connect regardless of what WAN connection is active.
  • Site-to-Site VPNs are the easier to setup than any other vendor’s solution. You simple pick two or more devices to tunnel together and then select what network subsets should be allowed to cross the tunnel and you are done. The solution handles all the details. Site-to-site VPNs can dynamically follow IP changes with no need for static IPs.
  • For MSPs the dashboard is even more convenient as all your clients are on the same MSP account. Switching between managing different clients Meraki equipment is a few clicks once you login to the dashboard. Two-factor authentication is available for enhanced dashboard security.
  • Some advanced enterprise features are missing, but for SMBs this solution is a dream to deploy and manage. Complex environments should look elsewhere, but I personally have not ran across anything that Meraki has not been able to handle so far. On the dashboard is a “Make a Wish” button to request new features. In three years, I have made three wishes and they were all were granted.
During the Intel CPU clock signal component issue in early 2017 Meraki’s MX84 product line was impacted. Once Meraki started getting replacement CPUs they shipped a replacement MX84 to swap my production unit. I was very impressed to learn how easy a hardware swap works with the Meraki dashboard. It was very simple to add the replacement unit. It began to function as a warm spare so I could then remove the old serial numbered device. A few minutes later and the replacement unit downloaded the production configuration and we were up and running on the replacement hardware. I understand scaling to a larger MX is just as simple. I have not used the units larger than the MX100 but have heard the larger units have had some issues.
June 17, 2019

Review review review a router today!

• SD-WAN
  • Auto-VPN
  • ZTP
  • Access lists harder to manage.
  • Lacking some enterprise features.
  • No enterprise versions of the product.
These devices are best suited for small to medium businesses or mid-market. They are not best for enterprise customers. The security feature set is great and there are a lot of options for education and retail. They come with a lot of ethernet ports and with wireless options, making them a great branch device.
March 08, 2019

Firewalling With Ease

• Instead of complex rule-based ACLs, Meraki simplifies the creation of access rules through its graphical interface.
  • Deployed with other Meraki-based products, Meraki MX Firewalls provide complete visibility across the network from end-point to core.
  • Support is much easier to work with and updates are much easier.
  • Integrating into non-Cisco or other networks sometimes is difficult. We had to call support to correct a connectivity issue.
  • Although you can request features, sometimes feature requests never materialize.
I feel that Meraki equipment is excellent for a small organization. I am not so sure it has the robustness of a larger, more powerful firewall to run in large organizations. I think it will get there with the Cisco backing but at this time, there are better products for organizations of that size.
March 02, 2019

This little thing works. Really!

• Failover control
  • Web management
  • QOS
  • Mix VPN and other links to ensure safety
  • Have the option to use more failover connections. Two are enough in most cases.
  • Be a little bit more granular in the dashboards.
  • The "application control" feature should have documentation to shout what the application is. Urls and ports related to that application.
Well suited for scenarios where do you need a simple interface to manage the environment, maybe even for non-IT professionals. Less appropriate when you need to manage your environment without answering to a central location. This is one of the main features, but for us, using a single appliance, it's really not good.
Justin McDermott profile photo
January 12, 2019

Meraki MX

• Remote Administration
  • Low cost low CAPEX
  • Easy to use interface
  • Requires internet
  • OPEX may not be best model
Meraki routers are perfect for branch operations.
Read Justin McDermott's full review
Andrew Murphy profile photo
January 11, 2019

Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls are very easy to manage

• Site to Site VPN. Easily connect your locations in either a Mesh or Spoke VPN.
  • Content Filtering. Protect your PC's with content filtering.
  • Cloud Managed. You can configure almost everything in the cloud. You can see traffic graphs and tell when your connections go up and down.
  • Client VPN.
  • Cisco Meraki AMP isn't full AMP. It would be nice to have full AMP available on the Meraki MX.
  • Licensing and Support. A great device, however, you have to keep renewing your license to use it. It would be nice to separate support from License and have a lifetime license and pay yearly support. If you don't pay support you could still manage it. Currently, if you don't renew then you can not manage the device anymore. It will work with the last config only.
Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls are best suited for companies that have small IT departments. They are easy to configure and allow a lot of the complex things you can do with Cisco Routers with a web interface instead of having to know command line programming. It is very intuitive to figure out how to setup or change settings. You don't need a certification to configure or work with these.
Read Andrew Murphy's full review
March 02, 2018

The best firewall ever made

• Admin friendly
  • Life saver
  • Turn-key
  • Still limited functions compared to other enterprise firewalls
  • Higher cost of ownership than some other brands
  • Licensing is very unforgiving. Will shut down your network for nonpayment.
On many, many occasions, we have had to deploy the Meraki firewall on-the-fly to replace a burnt out competitor's firewall. It has absolutely been a lifesaver. We are able to fully program it without even having received the device, and when configuring remote locations, we don't even need it to hit our offices first.
Andrew Vawdrey profile photo
February 16, 2018

My life is easier thanks to Meraki

• Easy to setup
  • UI is a breeze to work with
  • Set up before it arrived then connected it to the internet and it added my config
  • Yearly subscription price was a little out of my comfort zone but upper management agreed it was a must have with our growing company
Meraki gear, in my opinion, is best suited for organizations that have multiple locations and wants an easy to use UI that shows you all of your gear and how your network is doing within one site. These Meraki MX Firewalls make it super easy to set up URL filtering to block out game sites, gambling sites, adult sites, etc. To help keep your employees hard at work and blocking out any distractions. We have also been using the MX firewalls to run our DHCP and it has been a great asset to add to it so far.
Read Andrew Vawdrey's full review
Nemesh Patel profile photo
January 17, 2018

Cisco Meraki and Why it will make your life simpler

• Managing Multiple site Networks from a single window
  • Simple and Easy VPN Setup
  • Security Built-in at the core
  • True 24/7 enterprise support
  • It's not the cheapest firewall but it is the easiest
Any business that values their network connection and doesn't have a giant IT team supporting them will benefit from this product. It is simple to use and you can learn about it on the job. We are able to run a large scale network with minimal input from the IT department.
Read Nemesh Patel's full review
Guillaume Le Saint profile photo
November 08, 2017

Great for many small offices

• Deployment for small offices is very easy. Ship a Z1, clone your template configuration, adjust a few settings and you're ready to go.
  • Cost is very competitive, at least with APAC pricing. You can't beat the price point of Z1 for home offices.
  • Monitoring and reporting features are very good. Out of the box you get basic, but comprehensive reports on bandwidth, sessions, traffic. Application identification is ok, not great but sufficient for basic use cases (mail, browsing, cloud applications, citrix, smb...).
  • MX seem to be designed for active/passive up-link scenarios. Routing/load balancing features are very basic.
  • Sales channels are weak, it doesn't feel integrated with the rest of Cisco yet, and you'll struggle to get trainings, product roadmaps or feature requests processes.
  • Technical support team are qualified, but not responsive. Our teams frequently waits until the next-day for a response on their tickets.
Use Meraki MX if you have a large number of small offices where the MX/Z1 can be your "do it all" L3+ appliance. Use larger models as VPN concentrators. Do not use Meraki MX larger models as data-center firewalls, you'll be asking for trouble.
Read Guillaume Le Saint's full review
February 02, 2018

Meraki MX Firewall

• Managed centrally over the web.
  • Very easy to deploy & configure.
  • Great customer support.
  • The intrusion detection feature: It detects and removes any potential threat (viruses, malware etc)
  • Very expensive.
  • If you stop paying for support, they stop passing traffic.
It's the best firewall solution for any type of business. Managing all sites across the dashboard from the web is very efficient, and reduces the number of IT staff. I would definitely recommend Meraki over Sonicwall and all of the others because it's more secure and reliable, has great support and is very easy to configure and maintain. There is also a great deal of online material and How-To videos to consult for help.
January 31, 2018

MX firewall brings a new perspective

• Sdwan
  • Routing
  • Filtering
  • Dynamic routing
  • Mpls support
  • Guest Wifi
Good for small sites with all built-in features. Adapted for sdwan. Not good for large sites and advanced features.
Wesley Bond profile photo
July 31, 2017

Cisco Meraki MX Series Review

• Easy to set up and maintain. The Cisco brand brings you the reliability you know while Meraki created an interface that is very easy to manage. You don't have to be Cisco certified to operate this firewall. Push of the button to download the latest firmware and install.
  • Always connected. Your Meraki is always connected to the Cisco network and coupled with the Advanced Security License it adds an extra layer of protection. You can also access all of your firewalls easily from anywhere. It makes managing multiple locations a breeze. Very fast and easy to setup site-site VPN between multiple Meraki.
  • Slick Dashboard. The dashboard has a great layout and allows you to see what is happening even down to the individual devices. Easy to read reports page, security page and bandwidth usage.
  • Control/Security. Very easy to set up rules to block sites, throttle bandwidth and even block suspicious connections to a machine.
  • Fast VPN setup. It takes seconds to setup a user for VPN.
  • Lots of easy to setup features. You can tie into your Active Directory, DHCP for smaller offices, traffic shaping and packet capturing etc.
  • Easy to setup Content Filtering, AMP (Anti_Malware Protection) and White/Black lists.
  • The only real issue we've ran across was a PAT routing issue that wouldn't allow us to connect to a state agency. I would talk to a Cisco rep in case you have any specialized VPN connects. It's not an issue as 99.9% of folks wouldn't run into this as it was very specialized situation.
  • Cisco certified users may dislike not having command line and granular control like other Cisco Firewalls. It's designed for easy of use and modern interface.
  • Internet connection. The dashboard you access through the internet even if you're on the same network. There is a local interface but it for the initial setup not for managing the box. It hasn't been an issue for us but if your internet connection is of poor quality it might be frustration to manage.
  • Yearly costs. We paid several years in advance for the security license. Some may not like having a yearly fee but think of it as a maintenance plan. It is well worth the money.
  • Can't drill down like you can with an ASA product with FirePOWER/FireSIGHT as the primary focus of the Meraki is easy of use.
  • Cisco's Content Filtering is decent but sometimes blocks legitimate sites that you have to white list.
[It's a] great firewall for small to mid-size businesses that have limited IT staff. The Meraki MX series really shines when you have multiple locations you have to manage or tie together. It would alleviate a lot of headaches if you have satellite offices that you have to mess with. You could do site-site VPN in seconds and manage VPN access for users also in seconds. You can hit your dashboard to see all your sites, monitor security, make changes and update firmware. It could make life much easier for your business and save you time.
Read Wesley Bond's full review
Mike Slates profile photo
June 20, 2017

Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls - Goodbye CLI!

• Centralized cloud management. Access the dashboard from any browser anywhere.
  • Auto-VPN. Gone are the tedious/complex days of setting up VPN connections between sites.
  • Intrusion Prevention/Content Filtering/Malware protection. Each can be enabled with the Advance Security License.
  • Application Visibility and Control. Compared to our old ASA, the amount of information you now see is just amazing. Ability to quickly and easily see what machines are hitting what. And then apply traffic shaping rules if you like.
  • The only con I can think of is the lack of performance stats for the MX itself. You cannot see CPU/RAM utilization.
They make various models, for less than 50 users up through 10,000 users, so I'd say they're probably a fit for most organizations small to large. Heck, I have a MX64 at my house.
Read Mike Slates's full review

Identification Technologies (2)
Visualization Tools (2)
Content Inspection (2)
Policy-based Controls (2)
10.0
Active Directory and LDAP (2)
9.5
Firewall Management Console (2)
9.5
Reporting and Logging (2)
VPN (2)
High Availability (1)
Stateful Inspection (1)
Proxy Server (1)

About Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls

Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls is a Unified Threat Management (UTM) and Software-Defined WAN solution. As a UTM product, Meraki MX provides content filtering, app-specific traffic control, intrusion prevention, malware protection, and site-to-site VPN that is deployable on hardware or virtually. It also enables firewall management remotely for 24x7 monitoring and accessibility.

Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls Technical Details