January 23, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We use Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls to create VPN connectivity between sites. We also use this at locations with minimal IT support since configuration is done remotely. We generally use this across the organization.
- VPN Connectivity between sites is basically automatic.
- Configuration is extremely simple.
- We have run into more complex situations that the Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls can not support.
- I think the firmware upgrade can be a bit confusing.
Read Curt Sminkey's full review
- We find Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls best at smaller remote sites where the requirements are relatively primary remote offices, retail locations, ETC. It can be managed remotely as long as there's Internet connectivity, and the VPN configuration back to the central office is excellent.
- Complex firewall operations can be tricky. Some times we have had to resort to using an ASA device.