Cisco Meraki SM
Cisco Meraki SM
Return to navigation
Cisco offers Meraki Systems Manager (SM), an enterprise mobility management platform supporting the monitoring, provisioning and securing of mobile devices across an enterprise network.Read more
Read all reviews
Cisco System Manager is used within the organization for the administration of mobile devices and laptop computers. This gives a great …
We use Cisco Meraki SM to manage mobile devices across the organization for all the businesses that make up the restaurant group. …
All of our iPhone and iPad devices across all of our teams and locations have Meraki SME Mobile device management installed to monitor and …
We use Meraki SM to manage our fleet of iPads. We have just over 100 iPads within the primary school. We use Meraki SM to manage the apps …
[Cisco Meraki SM] was used to manage iOS, Android and Windows devices across the whole company. It allowed to affordably remotely manage …
We are using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager to manage every mobile tablet or mobile phone in our organisation, it provides the tools we need …
We are currently using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager to manage our Meraki access points as well as (primarily) as an Mobile Device …
Cisco Meraki Systems Manger is a fantastic asset to our organization. It allows us to manage all of our firewalls, switches, and access …
We use Systems Manager as our MDM software for all of our company mobile devices to include Android and iOS. It addresses the problem of …
We use the Meraki System Manager to manage switches and access points across our campus facilities. We balance and manage point access, …
Currently Banyan uses Meraki Systems Manager to manage all of our iOS devices and our laptop and desktop computers. It is primarily used …
Cisco System Manager is part of the Meraki dashboard which allows us to have a centralized management of our network since we use Meraki for the various layers of the network such as LAN and Wireless. This allows the IT area to give better response times when there is a problem in the network and …
We have seen a lot of benefits from Cisco Meraki SM's ease of deployment and management. The Meraki Sales Team and engineers were very helpful in presenting the product to us in a way that was tailored to our needs and problems. They provided trial licenses for us to test out the product and …
Super easy to deploy MDM licensing and keep up to date for all devices. We can also force software updates and keep track of our techs on the road. Incredibly easy to integrate and doesn’t require much follow up from our IT team. The dashboard is intuitive and offers options and filters to adjust …
The ability to set up out-of-the-box iPads really quickly if paired with Apple's DEP is fantastic. The only thing required is connecting the iPads to a wifi network and Meraki SM is able to handle the rest. The menus are very easy to navigate and tags make it easy to pinpoint specific devices. The …
We can see and manage all of our organizations devices. We can remotely install apps, send new Wi-Fi credentials, certificates, etc to all affected devices. The tag based system makes it easy to apply the proper policies to all relevant devices and not to any extras. This solution can even track …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Cisco Meraki SM, and make your voice heard!
Return to navigation
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
27 people want pricing too
Return to navigation
- Tech Details
As Cisco’s endpoint management solution, Cisco Meraki Systems Manager supports a variety of platforms allowing for the diverse ecosystem often found in today’s mobile centric world. The vendor states this places Systems Manager in prime position to alleviate the concerns of security teams in various industries, empower teachers to run their digital classroom, and ease the burden of enterprise IT teams with distributed sites.
Cisco offers Meraki Systems Manager (SM), an enterprise mobility management platform supporting the monitoring, provisioning and securing of mobile devices across an enterprise network.
Reviewers rate Product Scalability highest, with a score of 9.
The most common users of Cisco Meraki SM are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).
Return to navigation
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We are using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager to manage every mobile tablet or mobile phone in our organisation, it provides the tools we need to maintain compliance and ensure our devices are operating in a managed and secure way. The IT department manages the software, however the devices that are managed are in use across the whole organisation.
- Ease of use
- Ease of remotely installing device profiles
- Ease of remotely installing apps
- We haven't been able to force device updates without the need for the devices to be enrolled in DEP.
- IP location is not very accurate.
Cisco Meraki Systems Manager is well suited to organizations that want a budget MDM that covers most needs. It complies with the security needs for some cybersecurity schemes such as Cyber Essentials Plus. It is well suited for organizations that are also looking for an easy-to-setup MDM with low training requirements.
- We have used it to comply with various cybersecurity schemes.
- We have used it to recover lost mobile devices.
- We have also used it to track usage of devices to see if they can be better allocated.
We have found that Cisco Meraki has always had very good customer support. In the rare case, when we have needed assistance they have always been quick to respond and solve the issue.
We are currently using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager to manage our Meraki access points as well as (primarily) as an Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. The IT Department configures all laptops and mobile devices with Meraki agent before we deploy the assets to employees.
- The tagging feature is quite nice. One of the tags we use is for lost/stolen devices and we have it configured to email us when one of these devices show to be online. This allows us to take actions (such as remote wipe, track GPS, etc).
- The ability to configure Geofences is also a nice feature to have. This allows us to restrict where our clients/employees are able to utilize the device.
- Cloud-based management offers the ease of management which simply is not found with on-premises solutions.
- Limited ability for "command line" functions. For example, we had a laptop that was stolen and showed to be online, but we could not wipe it. We were able to access a command prompt, but it would not accept DISKPART or FORMAT commands to try and make the PC unusable.
- The GPS location is not terribly accurate and frequently it "guesses" location based off of an IP address rather than actually activating the GPS on the device. This makes tracking lost/stolen devices very difficult.
- Difficulty getting devices to correctly show their status in the dashboard. For example, I can have a PC that is online and connected to the Internet, but shows to be offline in the dashboard. Only after refreshing many times would it indicate that the PC was actually online, thus allowing me to administer it.
The Cisco Meraki Systems Manager is a very cost-effective solution for MDM, if you can tolerate "less than stellar" ability to manage/track your devices. This would be excellent for small businesses, but for our needs it has been a cause of more frustration than benefit. When it does work as expected, it actually works pretty well.
- It has come in handy several times, especially when it comes to remotely wiping a device that was lost or stolen.
- This has allowed us to push applications to devices, which helps our employees to have easy access to tools related to Healthcare and Business Expense tracking.
- Meraki Systems Manager is excellent at allowing us to remotely administer our wireless access points, but has been a source of frustration (at times) when trying to use as an MDM solution.
I was not part of the team who evaluated the Cisco Meraki Systems Manager prior to purchase. I am not sure what other applications (competitors) were evaluated. I do know that the MAIN reason that we selected Meraki was because of the value it offers. The per device cost is very affordable and the features it provides is an excellent "bang for the buck".
We have rarely needed to engage support for this application, however when we did, we received service that was professional and prompt.