Cisco Mobility Express Reviews

December 07, 2020
Cisco [Mobility Express] is being utilized across campus for those who are accessing our internet environment. It's worked well for us from a standpoint of mobility. With the pandemic going on, it's been vital for those of us to access what we need to do from anywhere - whether it be in the town that the university is located at or outside.
  • Dependable. I've never had an issue with accessing the platform
  • Reliable. Whether it's on campus or off, I can always rely on it.
  • Trust. Never had an issue with security.
  • After a length of time, I find myself being kicked out (even if I'm in the middle of completing a task)
  • At times, it's difficult to get logged in.
  • How good of a Wifi connection is how good of a connection you'll get to the product
With all that was said in the [Things Done Poorly] section, I believe [Cisco Mobility Express] has been extremely helpful in allowing me to complete my tasks at hand. I trust it. It's dependable. It's reliable. An excellent product to say the least. One which I'm glad we have on campus and one which I hope we maintain.
I can speak for myself within the organization, it's made life easier (from a mental standpoint) as during the pandemic that we've been able to work from our domiciles and not risk our family of getting sick. It's been a great feature for us to have this at this time in our countries history.
December 07, 2020
We use [Cisco Mobility Express] across our entire organization to improve our network capabilities across many facilities.
  • It gives our company reliable connectivity to our network.
  • It gives a detailed approach to what functions are available and how to change them.
  • It is easy to troubleshoot problems in the system.
  • Honestly, I haven't found very many issues since we started using it, and I'm glad for that!
[Cisco Mobility Express] gives IT visibility of our network and what our wireless system is doing and what functions it has. It allows us to troubleshoot when employees have issues easily and quickly.
We use AnyConnect for our VPN capabilities for the entire organization. It works well, and seems to be a good product for what we need it to do. It allows access for our employees to our internal systems from outside our facilities.
It makes it easier to control policies when we have a reliable network that allows employees to access it whenever they need to. Our policies are based around what employees should or should not have access to, and this allows us to monitor those activities whenever we need to.
December 13, 2020
We've implemented Cisco Mobility Express in one of our smaller branch offices, with just a few Access Points, where a standalone WLC would make no sense. For a branch office, which especially focuses on R&D, a fast and reliable connection was very important.
  • Fast and reliable network connectivity
  • Good configuration GUI
  • Quick and simple configuration
  • No standalone WLC costs
  • There were some minor issues, but were solved with a firmware update.
I'd recommend [Cisco Mobility Express] for small and medium businesses due to max AP limitations.
We've chosen the Aironet 1830 802.11ac Wave 2 APs and I can say, that they perform exceptionally well, considering the throughput, range and stability.

What is Cisco Mobility Express?

Cisco Mobility Express puts the wireless control function right into Cisco Aironet access points. It is designed for simple deployment, secure and reliable operation, and insightful analytics.
Categories:  Wireless LAN

Cisco Mobility Express Downloadables

Cisco Mobility Express Competitors

Fortinet Wireless LAN, Ubiquiti WLAN, Aruba Networks Wireless LAN (WLAN)

Cisco Mobility Express Technical Details

What is Cisco Mobility Express?

Cisco Mobility Express is a controllerless wi-fi solution, presented by the vendor as ideal for businesses that want to quickly deploy a wireless network without requiring substantial IT resources. The vendor states that it delivers Cisco’s reliability and capabilities without the cost or footprint of a wireless controller.

What is Cisco Mobility Express's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 8.

Who uses Cisco Mobility Express?

The most common users of Cisco Mobility Express are Mid-size Companies from the Consumer Electronics industry.